Pilot suspended for murdering dog.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But did you have a point to mention China rather than say Canada, Hawaii, Africa, Vietnam and Korea etc?

This is quite true, national stereotypes tend to trump facts. When I went to school we were taught that many / most? of the PNG tribes were extremely primitive - head hunters and cannibals. Whilst this was not untrue however the intention appears to have been to perhaps draw attention away from the fact that many Australian Aboriginal tribes were equally much engaged in cannibalism (not trying to offend it's documented fact) and in many ways less advanced than the PNG folk also. Our mob is always better than their mob....

"Have you ever,. . .or would you, should circumstances require this action,. . . .Murder a Dog / Cat / Monkey / Donkey / Horse / Vietnamese Pot Bellied Pig / etc

Mmmm. Pot Bellied Pig.

It's quite legal to throw a dog, or cat, on the barby in Australia btw.

But if you do, probably best to humanely slaughter first. Think I'll stick with the Pot bellied Pig.

Wouldn't it be logical, given recent events,

For a commercial pilot who is displaying anger issues, to be grounded until it can be confirmed that he is in a fit condition to fly?

But if his employer has sacked him, without providing any support, that would be disgraceful.

Darren.

I like to think I can put up and accept anyone and take them as they are but got to say I've had 2 members on 'ignore' for the last month and it does make the forum a more pleasant experience. Good software too, they don't even come up when others quote them in replies.

Ok, I'm impressed, I only need to put the end of mine in a roller skate so it doesn't drag on the ground.

Aw Gee Bex,. . . I am truly sorry mate,. . . faux pas R us. . . .I didn't realise you had no legs. . . . . .

The guy is a psychopath. End of story.

Well, from a small clip in the same newspaper this morning, the guy was fined, not a lot, but something else came out,. . .apparently he "Likes" killing things. . . .( ? ) he was intending to put an abbatoir on his property and slaughter something or other, can't remember what though,. . . .he was reportedly told by another neighbour some time back that his chicken had lost a leg due to a fox attack,. . .the bloke ( allegedy) made a wringing gesture with his hands and offered to kill that as well,. . .I'm coming to over to your way of thinking mate. . . .maybe he DOES need suspending from his turboprop job,. . .there was no mention of any action taken by his company. . . . takes all sorts to fly aeroplanes apparently. . . . .

****Edited to add**** This story came froma tabloid known as the SUN. . . .this was the one that lost quite a lot of it's circulation when the half naked women on page three were discontinued,. . . I'm not saying for one minute that the story I have repeated has not got any truth in it somewhere, but it really ought to be taken with a rather large pinch of salt. . . . .

England is a strange place. . . . .

Don't assume I was trying to denegrate China (which I am not). We eat both the animals on OUR coat of arms, in Australia and that must seem bad to some who don't realise how many millions of kangaroos are running all over Australia.

Why did the article use the word "MURDER" in respect of drowning this animal? Sensationalising?? Of course not. Whipping up anger to sell the rag and tomorrow's to find out what happened to this FIEND? Never NO THEY WOULDN'T DO THAT.. Nev

Don't assume I was trying to denegrate China (which I am not). We eat both the animals on OUR coat of arms, in Australia and that must seem bad to some who don't realise how many millions of kangaroos are running all over Australia.Why did the article use the word "MURDER" in respect of drowning this animal? Sensationalising?? Of course not. Whipping up anger to sell the rag and tomorrow's to find out what happened to this FIEND? Never NO THEY WOULDN'T DO THAT.. Nev

NEV. . . . It was ME who put the word "Murder" in the title, as after reading about it, there were a couple of calls regarding the story on talk radio, and one nice lady said that this was the same as "Murder". . . as it must have taken some time for the dog to drown,. . .how long does a "temper loss" actually last. . .? hence the thread title. . . . no particular humorous spin intended. . . . .

( Honest Guv. . .)

Phil

I stand enlightened.

Anyhow cats do immense damage to native fauna. Wild dogs and cane toads we could do without as well. Wild camels, crocodile epidemic bull sharks, redback spiders Blue ringed octopus portugese man of war (Box jellyfish) Giant stingrays scorpions centipedes, european wasps. Geez those boat people are lucky they didn't get here , It's a dangerous place . If I wasn't so tough and clever I would have to live somewhere else where you only have to dodge dog and pigeon $#!t Nev

Well, from a small clip in the same newspaper this morning, the guy was fined, not a lot, but something else came out,. . .apparently he "Likes" killing things. . . .( ? ) he was intending to put an abbatoir on his property and slaughter something or other, can't remember what though,. . . .he was reportedly told by another neighbour some time back that his chicken had lost a leg due to a fox attack,. . .the bloke ( allegedy) made a wringing gesture with his hands and offered to kill that as well,. . .I'm coming to over to your way of thinking mate. . . .maybe he DOES need suspending from his turboprop job,. . .there was no mention of any action taken by his company. . . . takes all sorts to fly aeroplanes apparently. . . . .

England is a strange place. . . . .

So owners of abbatoirs shouldn't be pilots???????? And someone offering to put down an injured chook is a phsycopath??????? Fair dinkum the place has gone crazy. Ok drowning the neighbours dog is definately not a good thing but saying he 'likes' killing because he wants to set up an abbatoir and he offered to kill a bunged up chook of his neighbours is crazy. How far are these people removed from reality???

PS is the chook neighbour the same one that had the dog? Or does this man just have a few dodgy neighbours who want a bit of airtime?

I can understand that Geoff, we have had a dog shot by our neighbours before but he was on their property chasing sheep with their dog and vise versa we have shot one of their dogs who was chasing our cows. But in both situations there was no hard feelings and it was explained to each other straight away and even though you lose a good friend it is understandable. Drowning them would be a different story but I guess pommy land has dodgy gun laws like here so shooting them might not be so easy. Also if the dog was still on the neighbours property that's a bit ordinary too.

We have never lived close enough to neighbours to hear their dogs bark but I know when we visit the inlaws their dogs bark at night and if it wasn't for the fear of my mother inlaw I would have shot them many visits ago, there is nothing worse than traveling 9 hours in a car with a young baby and toddler and finally getting them to sleep in bed only to have them woken by a dog a half hour later and every hour thereafter!!!!

As a side note to stupidity have a read of this link

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/3097585/swearing-at-sheep-investigated/

I don't know what to say about that. PETA annoys me but oh how much more it annoys me that they have 'undercover workers' that report this crap. Yes I can understand rough treatment of animals but swearing????? Really????!!!

Drowning is seen as a humane way of killing wild cats, some councils even supply the cages to put the cats in. The idea is to fill a wheelie bin up with water, open the lid then drop the cage with cat included into the water and then close the lid.

I actually think that head shooting them is better but with the current gun laws, it is easier to drown them.

Before all the city folk get upset. Wild cats MUST be destroyed, well up here in QLD. I assume the other states have similar laws.

Yes drowning cats/kittens is commonplace down here too, I've never done it as access to firearms has always been there and I prefer the quickness and distance of shooting them.

Maybe totally unrelated but I did read somewhere a long time ago a piece written by someone who drowned and was then revived and they described it as the most pleasant way to die? Go figure.

This was not a wild cat or a dog chasing stock. In both situations I agree and having come from a farming background, have my own share of handling Vermin. This was nothing to do with that situation, this was some scumbag, who probably didn't have the Balls to discuss the situation with the owner and took it into his own hands. As I said if it was my dog, I would probably be the one doing Jail time but it would be worth it. spacer.png

This was nothing to do with that situation, this was some scumbag, who probably didn't have the Balls to discuss the situation with the owner and took it into his own hands.

Link to that part of the story not showing .....

This bit is though;

"This is a dog that barked from morning until night, and a year before my client had had a heart attack, and spent time off work trying to recuperate. He found it impossible to be in his garden. Mr Woodhouse is not a man who likes to complain but he had spoken to the council and he was at his wits' end. It was a momentary lapse of sanity with long term consequences that left a village divided."

Also 3 months jail, and that is bollshiit.

There was a famous one in Logan for a while about the guy who "stabbed his neighbour's dog in the head with a screwdriver" with a picture of the dog, including screwdriver stuck in it's head (dog was actually fine considering). We are talking 20 years ago but you may even remember it as images of a dog with a screwdriver stuck in it's head aren't easily forgotten.

Big ballooha about it from the media but it turned out that the guy was cooking lunch on the barby for his family and working on his car in the backyard, looks up to see the dog up on the table stealing the snags and threw the screwdriver from 10 meters away - as anyone would.

There is always 2 sides of the story.

So owners of abbatoirs shouldn't be pilots???????? And someone offering to put down an injured chook is a phsycopath??????? Fair dinkum the place has gone crazy. Ok drowning the neighbours dog is definately not a good thing but saying he 'likes' killing because he wants to set up an abbatoir and he offered to kill a bunged up chook of his neighbours is crazy. How far are these people removed from reality???

PS is the chook neighbour the same one that had the dog? Or does this man just have a few dodgy neighbours who want a bit of airtime?

Sorry SD,. . .I just read it like it says. . . . . . . Dunno whether the two neighbours were related,. . .but a hobby "Abbatoir" in a suburban garden ? . . .mmm . . .as I said,. . .all part of the wonderful panoply of people in this world we inhabit. . .I'm not taking sides either. . . . .I really enjoy making noises on HF radio with valves and bits of wire, and I'm the only one in my area who does. . . . . weird hobby as well. . . . I know a bloke who collects coca cola bottles. . . . . he's got quite a few. . . .and coca cola enamelled metal signs as well. . . . .and his ex wife says he once stamped a toad to death. . . . ( pervert )

This was not a wild cat or a dog chasing stock. In both situations I agree and having come from a farming background, have my own share of handling Vermin. This was nothing to do with that situation, this was some scumbag, who probably didn't have the Balls to discuss the situation with the owner and took it into his own hands. As I said if it was my dog, I would probably be the one doing Jail time but it would be worth it. spacer.png

Thanks Geoff,. . .but the devil is usually in the true detail,. . .and in this case the devil is in the "Probably" ? . . . .as always,. . .tabloid newspapers go for the exciting headlines which sell papers,. . .I'm sure that the full story exists SOMEWHERE. . . . and could, possibly put a slightly different spin on things,. . .bit like our incessant speculation following an air accident. . . . . .loads of theories, but very few actual joined up facts.

Phil

Phil, he's just known as FT . Stands 6'4 and weighs 244 ...... Bob spacer.png

244 WHAT. . ? .no S.I units mentioned,. . . .! but that's OK, I have no problems with those who don't wish to be identifiable. . . .GEEZ . . . .I wish that I. . .was 6' 4". . . . .my favourite tee shirt would make some sense then,. . .ie,. . ."pilots. . . .LOOKING DOWN ON THE WORLD SINCE 1903. . ."