Has Recreational Aviation collapsed?

Admin

59 minutes ago, Bruce Tuncks said:

To those of you who have farm properties to fly from...

You can make sure that those who enter the property have BOTH biosecurity and ohs qualifications to legally be there.  I doubt if CASA is up to this right now. They will be in the fullness of time as they will send their favourite sons to Tafe to get these tickets.

I have no authority to check the above status of people who enter my property.  CASA probably can IF they bother to.....

Edited by jackc
Add text

29 minutes ago, jackc said:

I have no authority to check the above status of people who enter my property.  CASA probably can IF they bother to.....

Well if you have a farm property, best to come up to speed. Things have changed.

4 minutes ago, turboplanner said:

Well if you have a farm property, best to come up to speed. Things have changed.

Nope, I am not a registered primary producer and my property do not have a registered Property Identification Code.

I ‘farm’ wildlife like Wallabies, Kangaroos, Dingos, rabbits, foxes, wild pigs......

I see those Grob aircraft have now topped $ 16,000, still cheap !.

BUT 

Will have to change from a Corolla,  to a Subaru,  for the dollar comparison. Lo(

(Cheapest Aussie car

Subaru Brumby ute. )

spacesailor

Still getting dearer! .

$ 21,900 

And not at the end Yet.

Anyone from this forum bidding ?.

Anyone needing parntner,s .

spacesailor

Edited by spacesailor
Missed sentence

On 06/05/2021 at 7:11 PM, spacesailor said:

AND

Who gets that airfield, that the Chinese were said to have paid, $one (  $1 )

All the office furnishing are going, as well as the maintenance 

BUT

the Big ticket items seem to be the the ' flight simulator's , both over the $40,000 mark already. 

BUT are they in they Chinese language or English ?.

those airplanes l looked at, have another thousand hours to run on ' certified ' .( Engine " TIME BEFORE OVERHAUL: 1538.1 " ( prop " TIME BEFORE OVERHAUL: 2214.0 ". ))

But " TOTAL TIME IN SERVICE: 11741.7 . TTR: 11158.3 (NON-CERTIFIED EXTENSION) "

How many Years will that number of engine hours ( 1538 hours ) last a normal sunday flyer. 

THEY WILL OUTLAST ME. If l had the licence, l would try my luck at getting a ' well known, safe, two seat, Good looking plane '

( at the last look Still cheap at $ 4,600.  ( item P2217-8 ( REGISTRATION : VH-AWX ))

Anyone RICH enough to Buy a birthday pressy for Little Old Me. Pretty please.

And how do l get it to Sydney ?

spacesailor

GROB-115-c-2.jpg

Hey Spacey, You look a bit like me and are probably doing a bit of wishful dribbleing. 

At least it gives us something to dream about before we eventually drop of to sleep. 

Should be plenty of of good flying left in those birds yet.

I thought so, 

But

They have been roughly used ( people tell me ) I don,t know how different the Chinese trainer,s are to Aussie, so l wouldn't think they would be to bad, to use as a normal plane.

On the manufacturer,s spec sheet, they have a two blade Fixed prop,

spacesailor