Interesting History On Air Services Australia?

jackc

11 minutes ago, walrus said:

Looks good to go..... Maybe a little PVC tape wrapped around the hose 😛.  

‘’Seriously, what’s wrong with a couple of AN - 6 fittings and a bulkhead connector?

image.jpeg.975db1e4503ab3dfa3db9583ea6cdc07.jpeg

That would be the go, if only the the carburetors and fuel pumps had the same threads "proper" AN hose could be used. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, walrus said:

Looks good to go..... Maybe a little PVC tape wrapped around the hose 😛.  

‘’Seriously, what’s wrong with a couple of AN - 6 fittings and a bulkhead connector?

image.jpeg.975db1e4503ab3dfa3db9583ea6cdc07.jpeg

The aircraft had its rubber replacement and other work for it to fly ‘on condition’ there were other problems too that made it unairworthy,  IF there was other work need to make it airworthy, just tell me and I would say fix it and I will pay for it.

I purchased the plane ‘fly way no more to pay’.  IF there was extra cost, tell me.....we are NOT  working on a $300 rusty Corolla here.  I have ordered all the correct parts to repair it myself, illegally.  That ‘sick bird’ again 🙂. I told RAA what I was doing and why, they did not seem worried.......but I expect to see black helicopters to land and want to take me away!!

people would say get your L1 which i have, the practical exam.  However being an RPC student of 18 hours I cannot get the L1 theory and be signed of for it, more b/s rules.   I have been in Aviation for 2 years only, I study it every day because I want to be the BEST,  IF i could be an L2 by doing training etc, I would even if it cost me $10k.......can’t do that, rules again 😞 

And some people wonder why I would be happy to do my own thing,  and there are many others out there......

2 hours ago, jackc said:

Unfortunately they are out there, my old flying school hired out their aircraft to a weekend pilot,  who managed to bend it and it was off for 4 months repairs and a 5 month arrival of an extra Aircraft too.   I was well in credit for instruction hours and Covid came along, hence I was unable to fly.   I could not claim my credit back as I was not returning to the school and last enquiry they said I owe them.......back through all my records and the credit stands.   What do I do, chew up money in legals, or treat it like a dog would ‘pee on it and walk away’.  

Hence I am running out of respect for a few people in Aviation adding a LAME who did a bodgy rubber replacement on my aircraft.   So, you wonder why I have a disrespect for some in aviation who break rules, don’t care, rip people off?

You wonder WHY people would do their own thing in aviation?   Well I will tell you WHY......they have had enough of the regulatory crap,  the fleece merchants and little goody two shoes cupcakes that think that the aviation world is near perfect and we should all just shut our mouths and comply.

Try this for a firewall penetration of fuel line 🙂

B71555B4-E44A-44BA-82A0-F6E4D9836F8F.jpeg

Dodgy operators and anyone ripping you off need to be exposed. Ask the school or whoever for a full statement of account. A credit is a credit and time doesn't eat it unless there is a written contract stating a credit expiry date. A lot of people view this site even though they are not members. So tell us all who it was and I at least will tell everyone around our aerodrome to avoid them like the plague. They then talk to others and so the reputation of these people will suffer and hopefully they will amend their ways. A poor job like the hose through the firewall without any grommets or sealed gland is a fire risk as well as a carbon monoxide risk. This should be reported to CASA or RA-Aus if it was an L2 and the person severely reprimanded or stripped of their qualification. 

Dodgy operators and bodgy jobs are far too common in Aviation and we all need to do our utmost to rid the industry of these things. We had one here 8 or 9 years ago, everyone knew about it but did nothing. I arrived on the scene and started reorganising things and he was booted out of the club & within 12 months he was gone.

I wouldn't be bothered flying an RAAus plane much unless I was able to service it. THAT was what it was ALL about back there.. OK . I understand there aren't as many spanner types and wood and sheet metal workers  as there once was so THEY get someone else to do it IF they wish and don't have the skills. There's a FAA publication the the RAAus used to supply at a cost of $38.  on approved build and repair techniques totally comprehensive. Adherence to that would be a good start for many including some LAME's. It's still the reference BIBLE for current on line discussion in the"States".. Nev

• Like 1
  • Informative 2

I got this book from RAA, when I applied for my L1 theory exam pack......

I am buried in it right now.......I feel IF I abide by this book, my aircraft will be safe and I will be confident to fly it.

E42F0E9B-E91D-4895-A26F-6CEE33DE0D4E.jpeg

• Like 1