Brisbane airshow this coming weekend 3rd and 4th of July

Just received an update from the organisers that Queensland health is not restricting the event because it is an outdoor event and people have purchased tickets for attendance which satisfies the registration requirements for visitors.

Depending on which forecast you look at it is either going to be raining on Saturday and clear on Sunday or clear on both days, hard to work out which one is going to be correct.

I have my bag packed, my camera charged and nothing can stop me attitude !

Bring on the Brisbane airshow !

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kenchhidu said:

20 minutes ago, FlyBoy1960 said:

NOT HAPPY JAN !

I had a look at the facebook page (not a facebooker so I might not have seen it all) and looked on the airshow home page. I didn't see anything about postponement or cancellation.

2021 BRISBANE AIRSHOW POSTPONED

NEW AIRSHOW DATES

16th & 17th of OCTOBER 2021

Owing to recent lockdown restrictions beyond our control, it is with deep regret that we must announce that the Brisbane Airshow, due to take place at the Watts Bridge Memorial Airfield over the coming weekend of the 3rd and 4th of July 2021, has been postponed.

Based on these restrictions and our commitment to deliver a safe Airshow, the event has been postponed to the weekend of the 16th and 17th of OCTOBER 2021.

Government imposed COVID lockdown restrictions, designed to reduce the increasing risk of the Delta and Alpha variants of COVID, now prevents key flight crew, Aviation Expo, Display Aircraft, and patrons from attending the show. This directly affects our ability to deliver a safe airshow. 

The aggressive nature of the COVID Delta variant and the inevitable disruption to this weekend’s event schedule, has moved us to adopt a stance which supports our community’s health and our commitment to deliver a quality Airshow.

PLEASE JOIN FORCES WITH US, POSTPONE and GET A JAB

COVID requires a collective response. Please ‘roll’ with us to the 16th and 17th of October 2021 and enjoy one of Australia’s finest Airshows, where we will be better placed to deliver a healthier, safer, wider immunised airshow.

We want to take this opportunity to thank all our supporters, patrons, suppliers, and aeronautical fans for their contribution to the Brisbane Airshow. Without your support the show simply could not go on.

The postponement options available to you are as follows:

• Keep your current ticket and turn up on the corresponding dates in OCTOBER 2021, or

• Apply for a refund.

Log into your member's area, and make your choice now: https://www.brisbaneairshow.com.au/membersArea/

It looks like nothing is going on. Anyone organising an event will incur significant costs before any tickets are sold and while we have a population largely unvaccinated against Covid-19 with new more virulent strains causing outbreaks all over the place and restrictions and lockdowns happening at a few hours notice, it is more prudent to bite the bullet & cancel than try to stick to original deadlines. There won't be an insurance company anywhere that would cover you for losses in this situation. So cut your losses now to avoid any more even more costly problems. 

We timed our Wings and Wheels perfectly but that was just luck. An outbreak just 2 weeks earlier & we would have had a total disaster. With only 4% of the population vaccinated so far it will probably be a year before events can return with any real certainty.

As someone interested in going to Ausfly, as I normally do, and probably not to Brisbane for their airshow, but earlier to see peeps, I would have been and AM worried about:

1. Getting home to Victoria due to snap lockdowns and border closures at no notice.

2. Getting stuck in NSW or QLD due to snap lockdowns at no notice.

Until all states stop this "stuff everyone else, we are going to whatever the hell we like, whenever the hell we like, to whoever the hell we like, and as much the hell as we like" attitudes and policy, I can't see any events of any types being in a go-ahead position.

I hear that Avalon airshow for DEC is charging into the machine guns and forging ahead. Good luck with that. Vic government will totally cancel your ass the day before. Maybe they will organise an AFL match there each day and it'll be okay. Get the goal umpires to do some "wave-offs" at the end of the runway?

Edited by 440032

Be thankful you all got clear notice, and didn't incur substantial costs, followed by disappointment. Many people (myself included) have had a costly year, with booking cancellations, being locked up in quarantine, being locked down multiple times, and generally being stuffed around with every second set of plans I make. We won't be clear of this stop-start economy until the majority of the population are vaccinated, and even then, there will still be a risk of new virus mutations.

• Agree 2