Wing Walk/Anti Slip

Use the epoxy based nitride ones, more expensive but you get what you pay for.

The stick on sandpaper is not as abrasive and with any mud/dirt can slip badly. Also when the sandpaper type gets a bit worn and had a few cleans the edges can peel. Depending on the aircraft that can have a disastrous effect on the lower speed range handling. Believe it or not a half inch edge of wing walk sticking up can give the aircraft very bad stall manners. 

On tailwheel aircraft especially it's important to have stable footing.

• Informative 1

3 minutes ago, Student Pilot said:

Ahh, just read the "removing" 🙄 That would depend on what sort it is? Paper glued? Epoxy sprayed?

I would guess "paper" (?) glued style, in that it looks like it would have been supplied with a sticky one side (contact adhesive?) surface. 

I would like to remove without damage to the painted surface.

As for replacement - I see that Bunnings Aero Space does a neat line in non slip stick on sheets. The alternative is the very course and expensive sandpaper type, supplied by dedicated aircraft parts stores.

• Informative 1

Crushed walnut shells are used in the product, "Soap for Tradies" to provide a gritty action for hand cleaning. I find the product relatively useless, the walnut shells grittiness is overstated.

Pumice soap such as the NZ Henriettas Farmers Pumice Soap is far superior, as regards grittiness for hand cleaning.

Edited by onetrack