ASIC on-the-spot infringement notices: $222

If you get accosted tell them to pi$$ off and do something useful. If that doesn't work tell them you will send a cheque, then actually send one for $2.22 but don't actually sign it. You can keep them running around for months with stalling tactics. It can be a fun game.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

So 'who' is going to be issuing fines? Your average Joe Plonker at the airport won't be.

I have been trying to find out in the regs 'who' can even ask to see your asic. Have not really found it yet. i.e. - what gives any Joe Plonker worker at your airport the right to ask you for anything?

"I'm the airport safety officer on a quad bike"   Show us your badge then Kojak.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The whole system is a crock. Initially a kneejerk reaction to 911 with cards being issued by CASA & RAA. Then an industry in extorsion was created & CASA & RAA removed as issuers. I have never had one & never will. I was asked once at Ballina for it & was told I could not go in to the cafe but went in anyway. What can they do? I can't show a card to anyone when flying in. It's too late when you are on the ground and ALREADY INSIDE THE SECURITY FENCE. Then they tell me I can't go outside of the security fence where Joe Public is in the millions. WTF. Run by a bunch of money hungry morons supported by an even more moronic government department and politicians.

Edited by kgwilson
  • Like 1
  • Agree 5
  • Winner 2

15 hours ago, kgwilson said:

If you get accosted tell them to pi$$ off and do something useful. If that doesn't work tell them you will send a cheque, then actually send one for $2.22 but don't actually sign it. You can keep them running around for months with stalling tactics. It can be a fun game.

What's a cheque ?

• Agree 1
  • Haha 1