East Coast Pump Gas NSW

Area-51

Just regular automotive bowser fuel 95 or 98 octane; USA call it Pump Gas; others Auto Fuel

Did some research ERSA found stops where auto fuel can be prearranged, but also looking for airfields in walking distance to fill up a bladder

Edited by Area-51

2 hours ago, Area-51 said:

but also looking for airfields in walking distance to fill up a bladder

Geez. When I land, I’m normally looking to empty mine… (Sorry, it’s late and I couldn’t resist. 🙄)

• Haha 2
  • Informative 1

Inland, Armidale has a servo close by, about 3-500m walk depending where you can park & get through the fence.

Though if all you're doing is topping off with 20 or 40L - realistically about all you can carry yourself anyway - I'd just pay the difference for Avgas and be on your way 45 minutes sooner. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 09/12/2023 at 10:55 PM, KRviator said:

Inland, Armidale has a servo close by, about 3-500m walk depending where you can park & get through the fence.

Though if all you're doing is topping off with 20 or 40L - realistically about all you can carry yourself anyway - I'd just pay the difference for Avgas and be on your way 45 minutes sooner. 

I have used the Armidale servo 3-4 times. Parked almost at the security gate (as close as I dared) walked the few meters to the servo, tottered back with two 20+L fuel bladders. 

Fuel bladders are not the easiest containers to pour from,  on one occasion, there was a gusting breeze adding to my aged shakes, as I hoisted the  20L up to pour,  the fuel repeatedly avoided entering the funnel, ending up all down the side of the fuselage & on my trousers - nasty!

I now have a nice portable 12V refueling pump, that avoids all that strain & spillage - you can read about it elsewhere on this Forum.

Thanks; yes Armidale has been mentioned often, Taree apparently is another; Fuelmap App has been useful too to see whats in walking distance of fields. Will get fuel cards to keep things easy and let the valve seats and guides get some lead.

Because it's true. Parts need to get to very high temps to have the Lead do it's seating action That's why the 912's get VALVE seating issues with 100LL  The guide material has to suit the valve stem material or it  galls.. Stainless steel is particularly problematical generally requiring nitriding of the stems. Nev

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

I only use the 9xx as an example because  a lot of people are familiar with it losing compression after running on 100LL with build up on the seats that dislodges in a few places.  There's no suggestion the 9xx motors need special valves as the motor is considered Overcooled  and needs nothing special in the valve Material.  Sodium filled valve "STEMS" are for cooling and as far as I know confined to Motors with big diameter cylinders and therefore  Valve Heads..   Nev

• Informative 2

• 3 months later...
On 9/12/2023 at 8:10 PM, Area-51 said:

Just regular automotive bowser fuel 95 or 98 octane; USA call it Pump Gas; others Auto Fuel

Did some research ERSA found stops where auto fuel can be prearranged, but also looking for airfields in walking distance to fill up a bladder

The best App I’ve found to date is PetrolSpy.  This will give you the location of all the local servos, distance to the servo from your location once you arrive, fuel grades available, and the most recently recorded price(s) (including when the most recent price was uploaded)……and it’s national.

All you need to do is zoom in on your prospective airfield(s) and see how far away the servos are from the airfield, see what fuel grades they have and the price.

Great App ! Sometimes you have to duck around the advertising on the app, but that is a small inconvenience for what is otherwise a great free planning resource.

Petrolspy

Just tried for Parks NSW . " no matches found " .

Not good for me .

I'll cheat & offer a ' joyride ' for a couple of Gerry cans of 98 premium petrol.

The locals would love to see their house from above.

spacesailor

1 hour ago, spacesailor said:

Petrolspy

Just tried for Parks NSW . " no matches found " .

Not good for me .

I'll cheat & offer a ' joyride ' for a couple of Gerry cans of 98 premium petrol.

The locals would love to see their house from above.

spacesailor

Maybe try Parkes, with an ‘e’ and you may have better luck !
The app shows 6 servos for me.

3 hours ago, Freizeitpilot said:

The best App I’ve found to date is PetrolSpy.  This will give you the location of all the local servos, distance to the servo from your location once you arrive, fuel grades available, and the most recently recorded price(s) (including when the most recent price was uploaded)……and it’s national.

All you need to do is zoom in on your prospective airfield(s) and see how far away the servos are from the airfield, see what fuel grades they have and the price.

Great App ! Sometimes you have to duck around the advertising on the app, but that is a small inconvenience for what is otherwise a great free planning resource.

Thanks, ended up using FuelMapAustralia app; same same

On 11/04/2024 at 4:47 PM, facthunter said:

You don't want too many matches around then you are getting fuel.

Huh? You mean i've been using my box of redheads the wrong way?! 🤔🤔🤔... maybe that explains why i couldnt get insurance after my third aircraft exploded 🤔🤔

• Like 2
  • Haha 1