Gippsaero

I don't know if this is Common knowledge but the original gippsaero owners have bought the company back from Mahindra.

Supposed to be restarting production of the Gippsland airvan. I really hope they Are successful, great to see Aussie manufacturing.

• Like 3
  • Agree 2
  • Informative 1

That's great news,I took my first flight from LT Traralgon back in 1960 in a 172 and took a tour of the works when they were producing ag planes.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, leslloyd said:

That's great news,I took my first flight from LT Traralgon back in 1960 in a 172 and took a tour of the works when they were producing ag planes.

We have quite a big thread on this somewhere.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Good news! I still think there would be a market for something like the Skyfox Gazelle, to be built here in Aus again. Especially if you could get a very basic instrument fit to lower purchase price. Looking at “Kitplanes for Africa”, they seem to do very well in South Africa?

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

6 minutes ago, F10 said:

Good news! I still think there would be a market for something like the Skyfox Gazelle, to be built here in Aus again. Especially if you could get a very basic instrument fit to lower purchase price. Looking at “Kitplanes for Africa”, they seem to do very well in South Africa?

Was planned back in 2013 but priced out of market.  Refer by Rob at Coastal Aviation.

• Informative 1

46 minutes ago, F10 said:

I would imagine they will put the Gippsland airvan back into production but that's just a guess.

11 minutes ago, facthunter said:

The Euro fox was a pretty good thing. The original Gazelle with Instruments for VH was 73K I recall..  Nev

Skyfox with different wing profile would get there.  In fact Bob Llewellyn had designed a better wing; a mate up here who knows him was speaking with him about building the wing and fitting to my Ca21 Skyfox and he sign off to trial the wing performance, but this did not happen.

Nah! to all the KitFox style aircraft (all good but SLOOOOOW) Australian distances cry out for something like the ATEC Faeta. 

• Intuitive handling
  • Quiet in/out
  • Comfortable for two adults
  • Robust undercarriage for paddock strips
  • Minimal maintenance, composite airframe 
  • Low stall - safety & ease of short filed operation
  • Great payload - 300 kg empty weight : 600 kg MTO
  • Great range - 100L fuel
  • Distance shrinking cruise - as low as 10 L/ hr (912 iS)
  • Choice of Rotax engines to suit mission/pocket
  • Competitively priced - even better if made/assembled in Australia

FYI - I am neither an agent or dealer - Note: I said like a Faeta - there are a very few others with the similar attributes.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 08/02/2024 at 10:24 AM, Blueadventures said:

Skyfox with different wing profile would get there.  In fact Bob Llewellyn had designed a better wing; a mate up here who knows him was speaking with him about building the wing and fitting to my Ca21 Skyfox and he sign off to trial the wing performance, but this did not happen.

Hi blueadventures, I see you have or had a CA21. I'm looking for a maintenance manual for a ca21 with an aeropower engine if you happen to have one or know where I can get one, that would be greatly appreciated 

I sold the Skyfox 7 years ago.  It was 0606 and originally fitted with Aeropower and suffered a prang and was rebirthed as 0637 in 1994 with an 80 hp Rotax.  I don't have the maintenance manual.  Maybe Rob Stowe at Coastal Aviation may be of assistance.  I did work out how to make new undercarriage bungees same as factory and if you want a copy of the procedure I made up let me know your email.  Mine was a 21 went well and had 490 hours when sold.  Rob is on Sunshine Coast are you based near there?

Thanks for the reply and yes I would like that info on the bungees. I emailed you before with the same question as above. I'm also looking for the wing supports for trailering and some details on the aileron hanger repair if you happen to know

Thanks 

Ok send me an email or pm yours again.  I did sell my trailer supports to a guy who bought a Gazelle.  They were the ones from the wing tip end to the attachment lug on the fin, both sides and from the leading edge tube to the undercarriage.  Aileron hangar repairs would best be advice for Coastal Aviation.  There is an alloy repair method and have heard of repairing the ply wood originals.  Maybe post an information question on the Skyfox forums.  I do have a pdf of the Gazelle maintenance manual I can email to you as well.