Wedgetail aircraft(formerly morgan aircraft)

Just found out that the owner of wedgetail aircraft  Ray Tollhurst who took over garry morgans business has passed away in dec 23 ,i spoke to him about stuff for my build in the last 2 years mainly fibreglass parts very helpful and friendly  condoleces to the family

• Like 1
  • Informative 3

Ah gee that's really sad, what a loss!

68 is barely past retirement age?

Only reading this now having off the forum for a bit!!

Had the pleasure of meeting Ray in the process of buying the Morgan that i'm currently rebuilding.

He struck me as a kind and friendly gentleman good for a chat, but also good at listening too, happy to humor that thoughts and ideas that had with his experience and wisdom.

One of those situations in life where you meet some once and think it would be great to see them again at some point, but alas it will never be..!

There was an article in sports pilot on him not that long ago, will try to find a link to it...

He showed me around the hanger and there was fair load of stuff.

Aircraft in various states, some needing repair others only partially built.

A lot of the original moulds that were use to produce the fiberglass parts for the Morgan sierra kits.

Dealing with all those items will take some effort and of course won't be the first priority of the family in the circumstances.

But if anyone finds out about a clear-out or auction at some point i would be interested in seeing what might be available.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

A friend , I walk with ,

His ' mother-in-law ' has received that " once in a lifetime "

"Congratulations " from " highness King Charles " , the " prime minister " , the

" govner-general " And NSW premier  .

100 ( not out  ) .

spacesailor

• Like 3
  • Agree 1