Hi from BC

micus

Hello all,

Mike joining from BC Canada. I am a recreational flyer living in the middle of the Canadian Rockies. My main interests are big game hunting, aviation, and time with my wife and two young boys. Life has been extremely busy the last 3 years as my wife and I welcomed our two boys into our lives. So with less time and hair on my head than ever, I decided to order a kitplane from Zenith/Zenair in the form of the CH701-excellent timing/planning I know. It looks like there is a pretty healthy Zenith community here in addition to its Afrikans Cousin the Savannah! please don't mind my overly simplistic comments if i happen to drop in on any of your topics!

CH701 1.PNG

ch701 2.PNG

ch701 3.PNG

ch701 4.PNG

• Like 2
  • Winner 1

Welcome Micus!

Your build looks like it's progressing well.

I believe there's quite a lot of support for Zenith builders in Canada.

All the best!

Marty

• 1 month later...

Welcome aboard! I lived in Van City for six months years ago. You are so lucky to live in one of the most beautiful parts of the world. Every flight will be lovely I'm sure 🙂

• Like 1

On 06/02/2024 at 3:15 AM, micus said:

Hello all,

Mike joining from BC Canada. I am a recreational flyer living in the middle of the Canadian Rockies. My main interests are big game hunting, aviation, and time with my wife and two young boys. Life has been extremely busy the last 3 years as my wife and I welcomed our two boys into our lives. So with less time and hair on my head than ever, I decided to order a kitplane from Zenith/Zenair in the form of the CH701-excellent timing/planning I know. It looks like there is a pretty healthy Zenith community here in addition to its Afrikans Cousin the Savannah! please don't mind my overly simplistic comments if i happen to drop in on any of your topics!

CH701 1.PNG

ch701 2.PNG

ch701 3.PNG

ch701 4.PNG

my dream aircraft. one day.    i like your aussie caravan in the background.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Spent a very pleasant couple of hours flying a C172  out of Okanagan/Kelowna many years ago - took a young instructor with me. He chastised me for not automatically using carb heat on descent.

On 19/03/2024 at 7:29 PM, BrendAn said:

my dream aircraft. one day.    i like your aussie caravan in the background.

Good spot, but there are Jayco companies in Canada, the US, and Australia.

I'm currently studying the specifications for a power demand module.

The specifications vary slightly but the advertising's great.

27 minutes ago, turboplanner said:

Good spot, but there are Jayco companies in Canada, the US, and Australia.

I'm currently studying the specifications for a power demand module.

The specifications vary slightly but the advertising's great.

Learn something every day. I looked them up after your post. I always thought Gerry Ryan was the founder of Jayco but not at all. Jayco was already in business in the USA and he partnered with them and started the Aussie arm of Jayco.  I stand corrected.

• Like 2