Hi from Victoria.

Hi everyone. long-time lurker, first time poster. I've been daydreaming about flying again, now that the kids have flown the nest and there's a small but growing puddle of funds now available. The ultralight scene has always been of interest, and I'd like to become more acquainted with them outside of YouTube videos 🙂 

Does anyone know of any TEAM Airbikes that might still be around? I know there was one in NSW ages ago, but I've not seen any since. And any Quicksilver MX and/or MXLs. Thank-you. Phil.

• 4 weeks later...

Welcome aboard! I used to dream of a Quicksilver and I reckon I would have bought a new kit a few years ago if it weren't for the double whammy if Rotax pulling out of two strokes and Quicksilver having financial difficulties at the time 

• Like 1

I used to work with the  bloke who  sold the Quicksilvers . The MX is VERY basic.. How BIG are you?  A single seat Thruster wouldn't cost a lot.  Wire Braced.  Nev

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I must admit the Quicksilvers have a strong nostalgic influence on me. At the time I discovered ultralights they were the biggest thing around and I can remember being excited about the thought of owning and flying one. Getting conversion training in a two-seat Quicksilver seems next to impossible nowadays. Drifters might be the next closest thing. Thrusters are a great machine, and reasonably priced, too. The Air Bike is the other machine that appeals but fewer around, of course. Obviously, tastes have changed with a move away from open-cockpit, simple tube-and-Dacron aircraft to more complicated, enclosed recreational aircraft. I don't understand why, but it is what it is. 🙂 

• Like 1

Wasn't the Quicksilver just two axis? The GT had a yoke type control with teflex cables for controls, made for pretty ordinary feedback. As Nev suggested, go Thruster. The single seat Thruster is a great machine with a control feel similar to a Tiger Moth.

• Like 2

There's a Lea Kestrel on Gumtree that's on offer for $3000. The problem is, it has incurred some storm damage, it's unregistered, and it's in Sarina, Qld. The storm damage doesn't appear to be major.

WWW.GUMTREE.COM.AU

Find ultralight aircraft ads in our Miscellaneous Goods category. Buy and sell almost anything on Gumtree classifieds.

Edited by onetrack
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Student Pilot said:

Wasn't the Quicksilver just two axis? The GT had a yoke type control with teflex cables for controls, made for pretty ordinary feedback. As Nev suggested, go Thruster. The single seat Thruster is a great machine with a control feel similar to a Tiger Moth.

Originally 2 axis, but by maybe 1984 it was 3 axis.

• Like 1