Guess the plane

Guest Pioneer200

Refer to the wiki article. There were three models with different engines. Maybe you are thinking of a different model.

Peter.

Blackburn Dart for sure after looking at the pictures.

I'm not so sure. The undercarriage doesn't appear to have those short horizontal struts you can see in the Dart photos and plans, and also seems to have U/C bracing wires that the Dart doesn't. Also the centre struts on the Dart seem to be more angled that those in the original photo.

rgmwa

I'm not so sure. The undercarriage doesn't appear to have those short horizontal struts you can see in the Dart photos and plans, and also seems to have U/C bracing wires that the Dart doesn't. Also the centre struts on the Dart seem to be more angled that those in the original photo.rgmwa

I agree, the undercarriage looks taller tha the Dart. I was wrong in suggesting the Nimrod but it does look more 1930s than 1920s to me, and looks sleek like a Hawker.

No not British

Then it might be the German one with the unusual walkway up one side of it but I forgot the name, later ...

Ahh, Da Gotha ya?

https://www.google.com.hk/search?q=Gotha+ww1+german+bombers&newwindow=1&safe=strict&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=bNB6U8PPBIiVuASYx4CoCA&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ&biw=854&bih=622

I don't have a clue but I noticed on the tail wheel there seems to be a length of something sticking back from it a metre or two in length what would that be? Or is it just an optical illusion?

Crude vintage ground handling equipment of some sort. It would be a bit heavy to pull manually until it gets rolling.

• Informative 1