Guess the plane

Guest Pioneer200

Monocoupe

Well done both PappaFox and Mick.

It was actually a beautiful 1937 Luscombe Monocoupe 90A taken at Biggin Hill UK back in 1982.

What a beautiful example to have survived all these years.

Mick, you were so close to the money, buy yourself a lottery ticket, and put it on your account.

Kind Regards

Planey

• 9 months later...

Your right on the button, well done flyvulcan!

A globe Swift GC-1B designed way back in 1946, what a sleek looking aircraft, that had a cruise speed of 122knts, service ceiling of 18,000ft, range 1000 nmi's. on a 6 cyl 125hp Continental C125.

I'll see what else I can find to stir members memories.

Yes, certainly a nice aircraft. I didn't have time to write about it when I responded, hence my very short answer. There is a mob that have been looking at resurrecting the Swift, from memory incorporating some Roy LoPresti go faster mods. For an older aircraft, its looks and performance are still nice.

• 3 months later...
Geez, thought the Jabbie was noisy enough with one engine. No reg number so I'm guessing experimental and not yet flown.

Of course it's quiet Alan, that photo was taken before the new through-bolts, etc; etc; were fitted, as per recommedations ADR 337!

Well I believe it is a viable proposition with a Jab 3300 up front and a Jab 2200 at the back.

Incredible performance with both engines running.

Pretty good performance with engine up front only.

Good economical cruising with rear engine only.

Fuel in wings plus tail booms

Name of aircraft would be the Five Litre Ten Cylinder Jabiru Photoshop. 037_yikes.gif.f44636559f7f2c4c52637b7ff2322907.gif 008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif.