Yes Virginia, there is a Santa Claus

Admin

While instilling honesty and integrity in a child is an admirable thing to do, there's plenty to time to get around to that. The innocence of a child is a wonderful thing to see, and something which shouldn't be taken away too soon. We all should protect our freedom to dream.

It was Oscar Wilde who said:

"Some men see things as they are and ask why?

"I see things that never were, and ask why not?"

Since it is Christmas Eve, there's a great, true, story about Santa on he Never Ending Story thread. Enjoy it.

• Agree 1

Don't think it hurts to believe in things like Santa for a while. They will grow up to the realities soon enough. There's nothing scary or malicious in it. It's a lot better than" God will get you if you are not good, and you will go to hell and burn forever". Nev.

• Agree 1

Don't think it hurts to believe in things like Santa for a while. They will grow up to the realities soon enough. There's nothing scary or malicious in it. It;s a lot better than" God will get you if you are not good, and you will go to hell and burn forever". Nev.

What, are you blokes telling me that Santa is not true ?:crying:He must be true, I see him on TV every year around this time.Its in colour so he must be real.

Besides, I have a feeling that he plays up with the easter bunny.

• Like 1

I stopped believing in Santa Clause when the Easter Bunny told me he didn't exist...I have now come to the conclusion that Santa really does exist and that was just a power struggle going on between the two of them

• Like 1

Don't think it hurts to believe in things like Santa for a while. They will grow up to the realities soon enough. There's nothing scary or malicious in it. It's a lot better than" God will get you if you are not good, and you will go to hell and burn forever". Nev.

Hmm, fact-hunting is now bad practise apparently! 035_doh.gif.37538967d128bb0e6085e5fccd66c98b.gif

007_rofl.gif.8af89c0b42f3963e93a968664723a160.gif Nev,just my sense of humour,I gues! but I got a laugh out of it.

Absolutely agree that as a child, it is better to believe in Santa, than , " God will get you if you are not good, and you will go to hell and burn forever".

Frank.

Ps,I hope we havn`t started a deep and meaningfull, philosophical discussion about religion. :peepwall:

I would love to see a deep and meaning full, philosophical ( but not limited to that) discussion about religion. I don't think this is necessarily the place for it even though some flights are almost a "heavenly" experience, and some can be almost hell.

Have a good Xmas Franco. Nev

The story of Santa Claus is based on fact and we re-enact it today. The birth of Jesus was fact and we we re-enact the story of the nativity also today.

Now I know this is not exactly comparable but they both bring joy, happiness and love at Christmas. Whilst I understand the point of view of some Christians (I am a Christian)

I see no harm in it. Just my personal point of view.

My Father bought me Christmas presents at Christmas so my Father Christmas was real.

Several years ago when visiting Disneyland I puchased a small furry toy animal called ' Figment ', he was the ' Figment of your imagination ', to this day he still sits on top of my book-case and he is very real so if you want to see the ' Figment of my imagination ' I'll post a real photo.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Alan the Imaginable.

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

My wife said to me yesterday, I think its time we kill Santa (12 & 16 yo)

The bar s terd gets all the credit for the work i do, i have to do all that shopping and wrapping and then i have to buy a whole heap of crap for stockings for that old fart

I think its time he has a mid air collision

Guest Maj Millard

Santa has to be real , I saw him flying a Savannah just the other day in the Proserpine area !.....had a little elf in with him 008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif

Merry Xmas and a safe holiday season to all my forum friends and supporters.....another years flying done , and another adventurous year ahead....stay safe all, and enjoy..............Maj....024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

Of course he's real. I've seen him land at Jandakot in a 172 with a sack of goodies in the back. There were plenty of witnesses around who can back me up too, and that's good enough for me. Still, I did wonder what happened to the reindeer.

rgmwa