Rotax engines make excellent snowmobile motors!

blueline

Guest Maj Millard

Does go to show just how versitile, durable, and adaptable they are. Oh, and very reliable in extremly harsh conditions !!......Just don't see too many Jab engines in anything other than their own aeroplanes do you?...............................................Maj...012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

Spent the day at Mt Hotham today.Good to see all the Rotax engines where they belong - in snow mobiles!

Pity is that they still sound crap.....

Not to mention go-carts. Great little motors. Just about to order one for the plane!

rgmwa

Rotax make - Snowmobile, Motorcycle, ATV, Scooter, Go cart , Marine, Industrial and I nearly forgot hmmm Aircraft engines.

Ah, multitasking I think it's called these days. Old folk used to have bottles of pills in the back of the medicine cupboard labelled "for man or beast". My workplace is next to a meat processing plant that produces pet food.... and supermarket food (from feral animals I might add).

Jabiru on the other hand are really specific with their aero engines! 012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

So ,Locks, just to be on the same page ' bloody' is all good :-) ,could we get a list of the norty words we can use!

Obviously the taboo two are never going to be acceptable. Otherwise, as long as it isn't overdone there's no issue.

Bloody definitely is not a swear word. You would say for eg- Billy Bob tripped and fell on his face whilst walking along the footapath.He received a bloody nose after his face had a real close inspection of the concrete footpath.

It wouldnt sound right if you said - Billy Bob tripped and fell on his face whilst walking along the footpath.He received a injury where red stuff called blood was flowing out of his nose.After he had a real close inspection of the concrete footpath.

PS- Poor old Billy.044_black_eye.gif.3f644b2ef49762a47134d3ce9ca82e5d.gif

Guest Howard Hughes
Obviously the taboo two are never going to be acceptable. Otherwise, as long as it isn't overdone there's no issue.

I would add and don't direct your profanities at individuals!

Perhaps this method might help:

The Court was hearing a rape case, and that Barrister said to the victim, “I’d like you to tell me exactly what he said to you”

“I don’t use that language in private” said the woman, so I’m certainly not going to repeat it in public”

The barrister said “Well, we need to demonstrate what was said, because that’s crucial to the case – would be all right if you wrote it down?”

Reluctantly she agreed.

Of course it was in very blunt and coarse language, but the general meaning was “I’m going to make love to you until your eyeballs pop out!”

The paper was passed to Juror No 1 who looked at it, refolded the paper and handed it to Juror No 2 etc.

Juror No 11 was a voluptuous woman, who tried to pass it on the Juror No 12, but he had fallen asleep.

She elbowed him in the ribs, he woke up, she gave him the paper and he smiled and put it in his pocket.

The magistrate said to him, “Could I have that piece of paper back please”

“No”, the juror said, “It’s private”.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
Spent the day at Mt Hotham today.Good to see all the Rotax engines where they belong - in snow mobiles!

Pity is that they still sound crap.....

Better to sound crap and be reliable than be unreliable and have no sound.

Guess the emergency services would be run off their feet with rescues if the snowmobiles were Jab powered.

• Like 1

Guest Escadrille

Boring, boring, boring!

Some day some manufacturer is going to take real offence to this Jab bashing,call your bluff and start legal proceedings....

Why knock a good value Aussie product? If you all "know" so much about aero engines and the complexities of their design and a thorough knowledge of Metallurgy , then put your money where your mouths are then design and build and sell your own!

Bet you haven't got what it takes i.e. Patience, persistence,talent, a vision, , real engineering knowledge and talent,ability to manage and take substantial risk etc. I could go on but I will leave that waffle to you lot!

FYI Lycoming and Continetal had similar probs when they started years ago to!