Who is going to Monto?

Mick

We (Alf & Sue) are attending from Friday. Coming from different directions - look for the white Corolla and F250 towing a plane trailer (honeymoon shack). Unfortunately we are not flying in as we both have to be heading our separate ways to our respective jobs on Monday. Looking forward to putting names and faces to Forumites. Have we got a place to catch up?

• Like 1

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Maj Millard

I'll look foward to meeting both you and Hubby viz....I'll be where ever the beer is Friday and Saturday nights, although being a responsible pilot I'll be watching my consumption of course !!...................................................................008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif026_cheers.gif.2a721e51b64009ae39ad1a09d8bf764e.gif024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

I went to the last one and nearly froze to death. I know on this forum I was told to harden up and not be a wos.

A location with more accommodation available would be of more interest to me as I would like to be there.

Just a thought for the organisers and I might in a small minority - So be it.

I have attended a fly in at Watts Bridge but based myself at Kingsroy for two nights. The weather was cold but enjoyed the event by having a comfortable and worm bed with a 30 min flight in the morning and afternoon.

Hope everyone enjoys the event but for me at least cold weather and a tent under the is not my cup of tea.

FrankM

Thats why I am booked into the Colonial motel for saturday night 029_crazy.gif.9816c6ae32645165a9f09f734746de5f.gif I was there 2 years ago as well...but I didnt stay there I stayed at my farm which is a bit further east but at the farm its gets really cold in winter we are 400ft amsl there

Guest Maj Millard

I know Frank, we tropical northerners have thin blood from the heat, and we just can't store any body-heat in our blood to keep us warm, that's why we have to drink Bundy rum !!!....................................................Maj...008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif

Guest Maj Millard

Shouldn't a plane built in Bundaberg come with a built-in rum tank for such emergencies??........................................Maj... 062_book.gif.f66253742d25e17391c5980536af74da.gif

Guest Escadrille

A couple of us from Toowoomba are coming up,weather permitting, on Saturdaymorning, staying Sat night and back Sunday. It''ll be two Jabirus , a Piper Colt and hopefully Ray in his immaculate Karatoo.

Shoud be a lot warmer this year..just hope no storms!

Andy

Looks like I'll be blasting up in the 206 Saturday morning for the day only... hopefully have a few tag alongs, such as Aviatrix if she get's her aviation priorties right... poke_tongue_out.gif.5a7d1a1d57bd049bd5fb0f49bf1777a8.gif if not it'll just be me and my good mate Paul!

Hey Andy, any spare seats for a Nieuport builder??????

I would have had room up until a few hours ago!! Just invited my mate in a wheelchair who should be coming up with me as well, so after we put the chair and all his gear in we will be full! Hopefully the weather behaves itself, got a mighty decent looking front coming through Saturday...

• Like 1

Guest Escadrille

Guys going to Monto. Please be aware thart Kingaroy Aerodrome will be CLOSED from Monday 01 October 600 am to Thursday 04 October 600 pm for the 2012 UAV Challenge Outback Rescue Competition!

Contact John Kersnovski

07 4189 9413;

Mobile:

0429 152 535;

mailto:[email protected]

Hopefully the weather behaves itself, got a mighty decent looking front coming through Saturday...

It's not looking pretty for Sunday going by the latest 4 day forcast map on BOM. 051_crying.gif.fe5d15edcc60afab3cc76b2638e7acf3.gif

Stephen O`Donnell ( C.F.I )

from ATA Flight School Townsville

will be at Monto Flyin sat/sun/mon (camping ground)

any fellow Pilots nead a B.F.R

feel free to grab him at the flyin

will be in your aircraft though

cheers

Guest Maj Millard

Original plan was to go down on Friday in company with two other aircraft, however my dear old mum passed the other day, and the service is this Friday. Have to attend of course. She was 96 and five months, not a bad wicket..

I am now planning to leave sparrowfart Saturday morning, pick Hongie up two hours later, and then head to Dingo Roadhouse. We should be there around mid to late morning for a quick refuel (pilots too !), and then direct to Monto hopefully arriving before the forcast WX. Will do our best to get there safely, whilst keeping a real close eye on things !....hope to see you all at Monto mid arvo or so........................................................Maj...bad_mood.gif.04f799b8c2da677a1c244b54433f2aa7.gif086_gaah.gif.afc514336d60d84c9b8d73d18c3ca02d.gif019_victory.gif.9945f53ce9c13eedd961005fe1daf6d2.gif