Please like and support our local airfield against legal action

Rocketing

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Newspaper article about the JBAAG / BAAG threatening Jaspers Brush airfield. (I only noticed it now)

PLEASE GO AND LIKE THAT STORY and give comments on how we were treated at that other page and help us to get this story to get more relevance in the newspaper in the weeks to come.

The "South Coast Register" is a Fairfax newspaper.

http://www.southcoastregister.com.au/story/1280627/local-airfield-a-valuable-asset

Guest SAJabiruflyer

I've never been to Jaspers Brush Airfield. I dont know anyone personally who lives near there, or flies there. But it doesnt matter that I dont know them, it doesnt matter if I ever fly there or not...I dont even care that the Airfield is not even in my State. Why? Because Pilots MUST stick together for the greater good. I DO CARE about ANY FELLOW PILOT being adversely affected by situations such as this. Hence my Letter to Council, my support of the FB Page etc.

United we Stand.. Divided We Fall.

Stepping down off High Horse now and getting back to work.

Yes. They have removed all my post's with the noise assessment and flood study 'evidence' aswel. And im blocked aswel. Its ok, im pretty sure the battle is over. Theres no new info on there, any one watching the page would have gotten the message.Now its time for stage 2. Im going to get our entire club to write to 'Joanna Gash' the mayor as per JBAAGs request.

Im going to make sure the FB saga is brought to the attention as point in case for the groups deception and lies. I encourage any one else who felt it dodgy to do the same.

The real clincha for many is the fact that the club is not for profit. We have no money and this group know that and are hoping that we cant afford to defend ourselves. They have alot of sydney money (weekend holiday farmers) and the tactic is to basically starve us out.

Pretty low really when you think about it..

Motz

I wouldnt write to Joanna Gash I would go she her in person with all doccumentation & fellow aero club members.

• Agree 2

I don't understand why a fellow aviator would make half a dozen posts about this issue trying to defend this action group... Pretty stunned actually... and when the arguments are pointed out as not valid... would actually take the time to research and attempt badly to defend the position.Not welcome at all in my life... Bloody incredible really!!!

I guess this is the sort of BS you guys are up against... A very selfish and self righteous attitude based upon what it best for ME ME ME regardless.... In fact this sort of BS is a problem for society as a whole these days.

Well done whoever you are.

Best not to comment on something so eagerly when you don't know what you are posting about... I certainly appreciate the explanation but would appreciate it if you would do your research BEFORE posting next time or you could do some real damage.

It's pretty simple really, and boils down to 3 points:

1) I've never heard of a situation when liking something on Facebook, would have any impact apart from giving my personal details to the owners of whatever I'm about to like. Especially it having any impact in a court case. (If I did, there should be world peace, no more hungry or sick kids in the world, and I should have a shed full of different free gadgets)

2) aircraft are noisy and annoy most people not involved with them, so I need to know that what I'm about to support or not is right

3) if you want me to support your case it's on you to convince me, not for me to have to dig through couple threads, google searches, just to know what you're talking about. If the first post was more like the one Ignition has posted and included the info about the need of this for the court case I would be more inclined to support it, but again, see point 1).

And as to sticking together - I won't support someone just because he or she also likes to fly. If you're so willing - I'm a pilot, give me all your money...

Rest of the posts were pretty much me doing my research by listening what others have to say about this, and pointing holes in their reasoning.

As for support for the opposing group, at no point did I support them, but it doesn't meant that every idea that increases air traffic or expands an airfield is a good one, as it may be the difference between people being annoyed with a field but not doing anything about it, to people starting to behave like that group from Jaspers Bush.

• Like 2

It's pretty simple really and boils down further to just one point... Don't pxxx on someones parade.IMO.

sorry Winsor. If we stuck together and said "It is our board, they are working in our interests, nothing can go wrong because they are all good guys" then I suspect that RAA would not be moving towards a healing. At all times make sure you know where the parade is heading, if it is heading in the wrong direction one should exercise progressively harder nudges.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Yeah...Zibi is just doing due diligence before jumping on a bandwagon. Always be careful jumping on any wagon with Motz.......059_whistling.gif.a3aa33bf4e30705b1ad8038eaab5a8f6.gif

Seriously though, I'm a bit wary of just sending in emails/letters of support to the Council involved. There is the danger of it looking like a fake Internet campaign if Council suddenly get emails from half way across the country (or the world in Gentreau's case) in support of the airfield. If you do, then talk their language. Remember, if you don't live in the shire you can't vote them out at the next election. Write about holidays, tourist dollars or potential business investment, all of the positive things that an airport can do for a Council. In this case though, it seems the Council are not the ones that need convincing.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

......Seriously though, I'm a bit wary of just sending in emails/letters of support to the Council involved. There is the danger of it looking like a fake Internet campaign if Council suddenly get emails from half way across the country (or the world in Gentreau's case) in support of the airfield. If you do, then talk their language. Remember, if you don't live in the shire you can't vote them out at the next election. Write about holidays, tourist dollars or potential business investment, all of the positive things that an airport can do for a Council. In this case though, it seems the Council are not the ones that need convincing.

For info, they have no way of knowing where I live, but as I don't live in the shire I used the following phrase.

"As a visiting pilot, I would consider it a great loss to your area should the airfield be forced to close, and I therefore commend you to resist the actions of this group."

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

sorry Winsor. If we stuck together and said "It is our board, they are working in our interests, nothing can go wrong because they are all good guys" then I suspect that RAA would not be moving towards a healing. At all times make sure you know where the parade is heading, if it is heading in the wrong direction one should exercise progressively harder nudges.

That way I see it... this is another form of apathy that Zibi's postings show...

The old..."I don't know what the problems are but just on the face of it I won't support it"... Z has NOW looked into the issue... BUT... his initial posts were the usual place head firmly in sand variety. You don't just ignore the cow and tell it to go away.

Anyway... He is over it now... as am I.

It's pretty simple really, and boils down to 3 points:1) I've never heard of a situation when liking something on Facebook, would have any impact apart from giving my personal details to the owners of whatever I'm about to like. Especially it having any impact in a court case. (If I did, there should be world peace, no more hungry or sick kids in the world, and I should have a shed full of different free gadgets)

2) aircraft are noisy and annoy most people not involved with them, so I need to know that what I'm about to support or not is right

3) if you want me to support your case it's on you to convince me, not for me to have to dig through couple threads, google searches, just to know what you're talking about. If the first post was more like the one Ignition has posted and included the info about the need of this for the court case I would be more inclined to support it, but again, see point 1).

And as to sticking together - I won't support someone just because he or she also likes to fly. If you're so willing - I'm a pilot, give me all your money...

Rest of the posts were pretty much me doing my research by listening what others have to say about this, and pointing holes in their reasoning.

As for support for the opposing group, at no point did I support them, but it doesn't meant that every idea that increases air traffic or expands an airfield is a good one, as it may be the difference between people being annoyed with a field but not doing anything about it, to people starting to behave like that group from Jaspers Bush.

I dont agree with "aircraft are noisy", sure some aircraft are noisy, but alot of aircraft are not. Eg- 912 powered aircraft are very quiet IMO and Gliders even more so.004_oh_yeah.gif.82b3078adb230b2d9519fd79c5873d7f.gif

For info, they have no way of knowing where I live, but as I don't live in the shire I used the following phrase."As a visiting pilot, I would consider it a great loss to your area should the airfield be forced to close, and I therefore commend you to resist the actions of this group."

Here's an example of what I mean.....http://www.thepetitionsite.com/970/629/308/say-no-to-jaspers-brush-airfield-proposed-rezoning/

It is a petition set up by the group against Jaspers Brush. It is a joke. Out of the 68 that have signed the petition NOT ONE is from Australia let alone the Shoalhaven. Beware of losing credibility when mounting an Internet campaign...whichever side you are on.

• Agree 2
  • Winner 1

Interestingly in this case, having supporters from far flung places is only a problem for the anti-airfield side. By definition their supporters should be local to have any credibility. Visiting pilots however, can come from anywhere to use the facilities, and hence support the continued operation of the airfield.

Does anybody here or on Shoalhaven council know when I will next be in NSW ?

EDIT: Just recieved the standard answer from Peter Marczuk at Shoalhaven council, so that's one more email on file.

"That other group" have just made 2 new postings. Here is a photo just in case they change their minds again.

Their words: "Jaspers Brush Airport Action Group is concerned about expansion of the airfield for a number of reasons including, safety, noise, and real estate values. "

Looks like safety & noise is just mentioned to try and make them look legitimate as it is already legally fine.