Site updates

Admin

Hi

We have made 3 major changes to the site...

1. Media

The Video Library and Photo Gallery have been removed and a new very powerful "Media" section has been implemented that includes both the Photo Gallery and Video Library into one. All the photos and videos have been imported into the new Media application and you will see many more features such as being able to rotate images, where included each image also has its EXIF information available such as which camera was used, the aperture, exposure time, focal length etc.

Yyou can add Tags to photos and videos to make them easier to find and much much more...you can also add a video or photo into the new Media section and then add it into your post by simply the camera icon in the compose post toolbar and a drop down list will appear showing you thumbnails of all your media you have added.

The types of videos you can add are:

Dailymotion

Facebook

Liveleak

Metacafe

Vimeo

or YouTube

There are many more features in this new powerful Media section so try it out...hope you are impressed with it and find it useful for all your different kinds of photos and videos.

2. Clear Prop Shop

The Clear Prop Shop has been updated again but to a more user friendly application for all your Aviation needs. It is FULLY converted into "Responsive" design which means that it is now smart in knowing whether you are using a mobile phone, a tablet or a PC and it will automatically adjust itself for better viewing and use.

The next step for the shop will be to integrate it more into this site dropping the Clear Prop name and becoming The Recreational Flying Pilot Supplies Store, remember it is the shop that pays to keep this site around for you to gain so much help and support in your flying endeavors so please support it and help make this site even better for everyone.

Go ahead, try the new shop on your mobile device and see how it works on a mobile phone or your tablet.

3. Aircraft

The software used for the Aircraft section has been updated and is much more smoother and easier to use. I will spend some time soon adding every single aircraft into it so we can all have an Aircraft Wiki type of feature on the site for when ever you need to look up something about a particular aircraft, current or old.

Still on the agenda is a complete remake of the "Pilot Tools" section. I have purchased the software and it looks good. The new section for Pilot Tools will be called "Resources" and will have many different functions all providing you with many tools for all users like a Download Section in Resources for you to share anything you may have with everyone else and more. Clubs and Schools will be another new part of Resources as well

Some great things are coming along to Recreational Flying so stay tuned for more.

• Like 2
  • Winner 1

Are we able to ignore or "simply" mark as read threads that we are not interested in? For example, I am sure that a number of people enjoy the Never Ending Story however after looking at it a number of times it holds little interest for me.

At the present time I select "Whats New?" and read only the ones that I wish to read. Is it possible to ignore these at an early stage so they do not appear on the "Whats New?" list?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Are we able to ignore or "simply" mark as read threads that we are not interested in? For example, I am sure that a number of people enjoy the Never Ending Story however after looking at it a number of times it holds little interest for me.At the present time I select "Whats New?" and read only the ones that I wish to read. Is it possible to ignore these at an early stage so they do not appear on the "Whats New?" list?

If you mark all posts read it removes all unread posts from the What's New however as soon as another new post gets inserted into the thread i.e. Never Ending Story, it will show up again. There isn't any way to remove a thread permanently from What's New.

and... 4 "what" on media? There is a red number 4 above media, so i click on it expecting maybe it will take me to 4 things that will then remove the red 4, but it just takes me to Media.

and... 4 "what" on media? There is a red number 4 above media, so i click on it expecting maybe it will take me to 4 things that will then remove the red 4, but it just takes me to Media.

That shows that there are 4 new entries in the Media section you haven't seen. You can also see them by going to "What's New" and click the New Media tab at the top of the list

in any case, I just started noticing it.. i'd think there'd be thousands, not just 4.. since i rarely go to the media page. But that's cool, now i know what its about. So there are "at least 4" items I haven't looked at. hahah

I think it's a handy flag to let you know when new media has been posted, so long as you know how to use it. It saves you going to the media section when there is nothing new to look at.

Looking at the 15 new photos, I found that you have to open the image then return to the New Media page to reduce the new image count. Browsing through in the lightbox will not do it.

Do you want me to remove the red new media notification symbol from the main menu to help prevent any confusion?

Yes please. I now have a red 21 and it won't go away.

Kaz

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I can't work out the correct url to embed facebook videos using the media button. I've tried using the one from the address bar, the one from the 'get link', tried the embed code......nothing.

I found a workaround using the BB code, but hoping to find out how to use the media button.

This may not work, just testing.

https://fbstatic-a.akamaihd.net/rsrc.php/v2/y4/r/-PAXP-deijE.gif

drP8vlvSl_8.gif drP8vlvSl_8.gif

(Edit)

It looks like it's not going to work. The file is a .gif file found by right-clicking on the image, and going to Image Info. But posting it as a .gif image, or a link do not work. I think it can only be shared within Facebook.

Thanks all for replies so far. Unfortunately I am interested in Facebook videos. Clicking on the media button (the film strip), it says we can embed videos from various sources.......

I can do it with the BB code but figure I might as well ask if there must be other options? (maybe just making things more difficult)

Screenshot_2015-07-21-19-39-47.png.e237053ffdfc44d6728d2c14aaf8498e.png