Nice Fly at Caboolture - Beachmere

Cosmick

Great video. 002_wave.gif.62d5c7a07e46b2ae47f4cd2e61a0c301.gif

However, while I understand that powered chutes have a bit of an issue with the engine running while sitting on the ground (something to do with the chute and/or chute lines getting tangled, I gather), am I right in assuming that it took off with no warm uptime (on a 2 stroke)? Or was warm up done prior to the video starting? Classic cold seizure heading your way.

Whatever, it's definitely not good operating procedure to start an engine and hit full throttle in less than 10 seconds, especially a 2 stroke.

• Caution 1

Great video. 002_wave.gif.62d5c7a07e46b2ae47f4cd2e61a0c301.gifHowever, while I understand that powered chutes have a bit of an issue with the engine running while sitting on the ground (something to do with the chute and/or chute lines getting tangled, I gather), am I right in assuming that it took off with no warm uptime (on a 2 stroke)? Or was warm up done prior to the video starting? Classic cold seizure heading your way.

Whatever, it's definitely not good operating procedure to start an engine and hit full throttle in less than 10 seconds, especially a 2 stroke.

We do a run up before the chute is deployed, bit of time between that and take off, I've done over 200 take off's and several off us in the area and no issues to date.

Plus I think you got something wrong...you're supposed to land on the piano keys at the beggining of the runway, not the end of it poke_tongue_out.gif.5a7d1a1d57bd049bd5fb0f49bf1777a8.gif

Closer to the Trailer

That is seriously cool and my sort of flying! Are they joy flights?Scotty

CFI in the area can do TIF's, either here or nearest south of you would be COWRA. The PAX is a pilot with his own machine but sometimes its nice to be social.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Why do the PPC blokes at Natfly always fly at sunrise and then pack up before breakfast? Don't they like breeze? I would love to run around my place with a good pilot beside me and my shotgun trained over the side.

• Like 1

awesome vid Mickwhen was that?

Hi Mark,

Last Thursday the 16th

Why do the PPC blokes at Natfly always fly at sunrise and then pack up before breakfast? Don't they like breeze? I would love to run around my place with a good pilot beside me and my shotgun trained over the side.

That big chute reacts to the elements, Gets a bit bumpy with the heat, winter or cool overcast days extend your time.

The strobe you can see at the end of the runway right at the end of the video was me waiting to takeoff. You are correct, it was a wonderful day for flying.Cheers Geoff13

Hi Geoff13,

I saw you doing your runup in the foxbat, twas a lovely morning

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah thats the way its taught here in Aus, Aerochute Industries the Manufacturer wrote the syllabus way back when for RAA and approved by CASA. Has been adopted in some other countries where Aerochute exports too. When solo you sit in the middle and can shift your weight to effect slow turns. Most other makes have tandem seating.