Help with podcast

Im thinking of starting a podcast and was wondering if I could convince someone to come on and talk about how awesome recreational flying is. The focus of the podcast would be learning to fly in Australia. Send me a private message if anyone is keen.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good luck with that Mate. We have a lack of good aviation podcasts with a regular release schedule in Australia. Plane Crazy is just about it. It's been a while since I listened to it but I think it was a fairly irregular release times from memory.

• Like 1

Well there are a number of us atc here who would be happy to help if needed. I do low northern nsw, Nathan does high international stuff and I think Rhys is tower. The mix of these users on this website is amazing

• Like 1

Well there are a number of us atc here who would be happy to help if needed. I do low northern nsw, Nathan does high international stuff and I think Rhys is tower. The mix of these users on this website is amazing

Thanks for this. I will definately be in touch to gain your expertise when required. Atc is a really interesting topic that I would love to hear about.

If you have any stories or are willing to be interviewed please let me know.

www.goflying.net

• Agree 1

• 2 months later...

Hello to anyone interested in Aviation podcasts,

FOTE35F.png.cfd0fd88e2f60c327d43ea1ddae803d6.png

I have finished the first episode of the 'Go Flying Australia podcast' and it is now available for download on Itunes if you have an apple device and most 'podcasting' apps on android devices (click here).

The podcast will focus on stories related to general and recreational aviation within Australia. My aim is to increase the awareness of General and Recreational Aviation with Australian and just let people know how awesome it it!

Please also note that I am still a student pilot and therefore my knowledge of aviation is limited at this stage and hence if you have any corrections or issues with any content on the podcast or my blog please take this in mind. I definitely do not profess to be knowledgable or an expert (Definitely not) on any aviation topic and am just an enthusiastic beginner. This is very much a hobby for me and there are no advertisements within the podcast or on my blog at this stage.

Please keep in mind that this is the first episode of the first podcast and that the quality of the sound and structure will hopefully improve over time as I learn more and more about the art of podcasting.

I would love to hear any feed back (both good/bad) by the following means:

- Comments below this post

- Direct Message on the forum (particularly if its bad....)

- Comments function on my website www.goflying.net

- Contact form on my website

I would be interested to hear some show ideas if you have any and please let me know if you are able to be interviewed for an episode. I have the gear to be able to do cockpit audio so recording some audio in flight is something I would be interested in.

A few potential stories/ideas I would be interested in doing (but not limited to):

-Speaking to an instructor about training

-Speaking to a school owner

- Speaking to aircraft owners

- Speaking to aircraft manufacturers

- Aircraft Maintenance

- Fly inns/Air show content

Thanks so much to Adam Yavner from the forum for being brave enough to be the first guest on the podcast!

Thanks for taking the time to read this!

Cheers,

Adam

• Like 1
  • Winner 2

It was my pleasure, and you certainly put in a lot of hard work to make this the best it could be. I'm privileged to be the first, and I can't wait to hear more!

Let me know when you're up next, we can do victor 1 and put that cockpit audio gear to work!

• Like 1

It was my pleasure, and you certainly put in a lot of hard work to make this the best it could be. I'm privileged to be the first, and I can't wait to hear more!Let me know when you're up next, we can do victor 1 and put that cockpit audio gear to work!

Thanks Adam, would not have happened without your help. Now I have to back it up with more episodes. Victor 1 sounds great!

Th

This link https://www.raa.asn.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Flight-Training-Facilities17.pdf might be more use to your readers than this one http://www.goflying.net/business-directory unless you are trying to sell them something in particular.

Thanks. My orginal idea was to include the type of aircraft available (this data is currently listed for some schools) and other helpful information about the schools as well but developing the podcast got priority. I will look at developing this function further in the future.

Thanks for the tip! Much appreciated.

Thanks to all who have reached out with feedback. The response has been great and the download numbers have been good.

I am still looking for more people to interview from all aspects of aviation so please let me know if you are interested. I would be keen to hear about all aspects but particularly:

-Those building aircraft or that have built aircraft

-aircraft sales

-flights instructors/school owners

Click here to listen to the podcast

• 2 weeks later...

The second episode of the podcast was released yesterday (Click here). In this episode I discuss circuits and circuit procedures. I also show some of the steps involved in completing a full circuit in a J-120 at an uncontrolled airfield (Cooma Polo Flat). In the interests of getting a regular show out I have kept this one short, hopefully the next few episodes will be longer.

Link to Second Episode on my website.

Link to Itunes to listen for Apple device users.

This episode would be interesting for anyone who is in the middle of their flight training, for anyone interested to see what procedures are used at uncontrolled airfields in the circuit or for anyone interesting in hearing about Jabiru/recreational aircraft.

I have also included some in cockpit audio from a recent lesson in the circuit so that people can hear the checks I use and some of the radio calls that I use in the circuit.

[MEDIA=audio]http://traffic.libsyn.com/goflying/Go_Flying_Australia_Podcast_002.mp3[/MEDIA]

If anyone has any hints or tips for conducting circuits please drop me a line.

Please take into account that I am a student pilot and still learning and therefore any procedures/checklists discussed are not to be relied upon.

I would love to hear any feed back (both good/bad) by the following means:

- Comments below this post

- Direct Message on the forum (particularly if its bad....)

- Comments function on my website www.goflying.net

- Contact form on my website

I would be interested to hear some show ideas if you have any and please let me know if you are able to be interviewed for an episode. I have the gear to be able to do cockpit audio so recording some audio in flight is something I would be interested in.

A few potential stories/ideas I would be interested in doing (but not limited to):

- Speaking to an instructor about training

- Speaking to a school owner

- Speaking to aircraft owners

- Speaking to aircraft manufacturers

- Aircraft Maintenance

- Fly inns/Air show content

Thanks for taking the time to read this!

Cheers,

Adam