New site User Ranking System

Admin

A new visitor might be better off with some idea who is worth listening to being available to them I have no idea how to do it. I don't like saluting officers and I don't like being saluted either. This should be a classless forum Everybody should feel relaxed about contributing. We have lost a lot of valuable contributors, I wish were still here. We don't have enough females either and I could see how some of it might put them off.

Nothing's perfect. Think about it ? Sure... but it's better to do nothing than do something weird. (and this to me seems a bit weird). Pilots love a superiority "thing" . (Not all of them but a lot, DO.) It's often related to what plane you fly, rather than how considerate, how well and what airmanship you show to others setting a good example of how to do it safely , not how to put on a show of unusual skill "supposedly" and flying beyond your limits to impress.. So many."Aces of Bases" have feet of clay. Nev

• Like 2

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My motto is no matter how many hours or years experience you have or what aircraft you are flying, you never know everything, for me I am learning something new every day.

You make mistakes, you learn from them. Someone offers you advise or a different perspective, your learning.

Every day is another day of learning something new.

• Agree 4

My motto is no matter how many hours or years experience you have or what aircraft you are flying, you never know everything, for me I am learning something new every day.You make mistakes, you learn from them. Someone offers you advise or a different perspective, your learning.

Every day is another day of learning something new.

.................. ain't that life !

Top rank = FREE First Class Member...how is that for a pension and 10% discount on all Clear Prop Shop Products...we could set up rewards for ranks...just an idea

• Like 4

I don't think the number of posts should determine it (if you are going down the RANK thing at all). The way people rate the posts would have more validity. Not the size (number of posts) but the value of it (quality) and usefulness to others and the sites reputation. Nev

I agree with Nev. The site's reputation is at stake and this important consideration needs to be kept in the mix. I haven't heard for a call to re-introduce a ranking system. We can see the number of posts and 'likes' a person has achieved and that is all the information most of us are content with.

I believe that the Status Quo is the best option. What do others think?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Thank you everyone for your great input, it very much helps to manage the site better for you based on your comments.

I have taken the decision to NOT include a ranking system, even though it was just intended as some fun and to reward those that help to make this site better for everyone, I think the general consensus is that it will not really add value without ramifications. Thanks again for your comments