Tiangong - 1 Chinese Space station expected to come down near Corsica

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It came over here (Corindi Beach) at 172km high about 40 minutes ago & is now over the Atlantic at 158 km high. It was lower than that a few minutes ago so it appears to have an elliptical orbit.

Elliptical is normal. makes it harder to work out what is happening. When it hits the upper atmosphere it will slow down, drop and heat up. That's supposed to be at approx. 100 kms but it's not a fixed height or a well defined boundary. Nev

Figures for the last few passes. The perigee is decreasing 0.5km each orbit, but the apogee decreases by 0.6km

Time (z) Perigee (kms) Time (z) Apogee (kms)

0303 161.6 0401 179.7

0430 161.1 0529 179.1

0557 160.6 0657 178.5

0724 160.1

The demise is getting close, perigee at 0303Z today was 161.6km, now in the region where decay will accelerate rapidly.A nice live graphic on www.heavens-above.com if anyone wants to follow it.

Here is another site : Aerospace Dashboard. . . you'll have to keep refreshing it though. . .

https://uploads.disquscdn.com/images/db984c0a406aa66e1559641794b3b63eebec3843fc3bb1188e3db83b79c79564.png

By my calcs it may drop around early morning Tuesday AEST

The experts are finding it hard to pick and reckon that it will only be in the last couple of orbits that they can predict where it may come down. At the moment its losing about 2km per orbit, which if linear would mean another 15 or so orbits or 20 hours or more. Of course it won't be linear and the variables are just that.

From the shape of the Tiangong, it is possible that this is the space object my daughter captured while photographing the recent lunar eclipse/blood moon. It appears more like Tiangong than the ISS.

630316419_SpaceStation.JPG.a277ec282bf8aa019609b7f691bb7b7d.JPG

Maybe as "live" as those chook cams on "free range" egg farms...

now you make me wonder if those other "Chickens" I've been watching live are fake or not......