Finally, the new site is running

Admin

1 Where are the Private Messages? I don't seem to be able to find them.

On the left and side vertical menu:

image.png.54a5880814db51c5a88e4e066bf2fec7.png/monthly_2018_11/image.png.fcd84a8683f2e4f9ef7fdf460fbfd62c.png" data-ratio="108.38">

2 Is it possible to show notifications for private messages like it did on the old system?

3 Is it possible to show notifications for new posts placed on threads I am following like it did on the old system?

If you mean the pop-up message on login, so, yes...

You can do that from notification settings here:

image.png.8ef261c7696cbacb65339a996e8ff04c.png/monthly_2018_11/image.png.d2087f3dcd7064f9497467268778fcc7.png" data-ratio="101.28">

image.thumb.png.e16feecaa2eb77c779f3aea4792d8d8f.png

From the same page,  scroll down, and you'll find every piece of content item will have a notification method, fine tune it according to your needs.

image.thumb.png.8a937605f2d127a1639f158e902cc6b4.png

Regards;

Ahmed

image.png.653ce8d2806579b735c9caa792a76e04.png

• Helpful 1

The whole site update looks great here and works really well................then there is always BUT,,,,,,,,,my ignore list (although active) .....doesn't  111_oops.gif.39e881c1a06212bf1f006c1f9ba7cbbc.gif - FIXED (see next post)

• Like 1

Any reason why the post disappear once read ? before they stayed and you could just go back and re-read again if another post jogged your memory on something ?

Bernie . 

Bernie as previously advised once you have read a post from the What's New (unread) page it is no longer unread which is why it disappears from the unread page. This is why I created the What's New (All) page so you can see all posts both unread and read. So if you wish to go back to a post that you have just read you simply need to click the What's New (All) link in the What's New sub menu.

In fact you may like to make the What's New (All) page your default What's New page so it will always show you all posts both unread and read. To do this it is very simple:

1. Click the What's New (All) link in the sub menu of the What's New section

2. Click the little tick next to the page title

1.jpg.8c5cd95db7fb2b4964d2f39795e9fef5.jpg

Now when ever you go to the What's New the What's New (All) will be displayed automatically showing you what you have and haven't read.

NOTE: you can also select the Expanded option on the right of the page to display the first few lines on a post as well by default AND

You can select ANY of the What's New pages and set as your default page by doing the same thing as above AND

You can create your very own unique What's New page as well

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

I use LastPass for automatic logins which used to work on the old platform but now my username is not picked up from LastPass (field is blank) so login info is incomplete requiring manual input of username. Password is OK.

Can this be fixed?

I use LastPass for automatic logins which used to work on the old platform but now my username is not picked up from LastPass (field is blank) so login info is incomplete requiring manual input of username. Password is OK.

Can this be fixed?

Hi Jim, I will leave this one up to @Ahmed Zayed who might know as I have no idea what Last Pass is

Bernie as previously advised once you have read a post from the What's New (unread) page it is no longer unread which is why it disappears from the unread page. This is why I created the What's New (All) page so you can see all posts both unread and read. So if you wish to go back to a post that you have just read you simply need to click the What's New (All) link in the What's New sub menu.

In fact you may like to make the What's New (All) page your default What's New page so it will always show you all posts both unread and read. To do this it is very simple:

1. Click the What's New (All) link in the sub menu of the What's New section

2. Click the little tick next to the page title

[ATTACH]37723[/ATTACH]

Now when ever you go to the What's New the What's New (All) will be displayed automatically showing you what you have and haven't read.

NOTE: you can also select the Expanded option on the right of the page to display the first few lines on a post as well by default AND

You can select ANY of the What's New pages and set as your default page by doing the same thing as above AND

You can create your very own unique What's New page as well

Thanks Ian .

Bernie .