The Never Ending Story

Admin

....received notice from the aerodrome manager thumb_down that as I fly a "Wandering Jew' Jabislew :yuk: - I will be charged for three landings (one sealed and two grass (either side)) every time I touch down. 068_angry.gif.e6e3bad802304927655e1c48b61088cd.gif

"I'll send those landing charges up to Rod, as it must be his fault if anything goes wrong, despite the fact that the most successful Recreational Aircraft in OZ is flown more hours by more blokes and bloettes each weekend without issues ......................" said some bloke up the coast.

BigheartPete joined Tubbo's state of confusion, because Le Crappe was now spitting out double bungers. Just as you start to chase one thread, another springs up.

However, Tubbo had already decided he wanted no part of Nan, who was obviously the town mattress, but he had become engrossed in the invective about the Jaberzigzag, and had himself found that as long as you held your tongue out the side of your mouth, all was well with both take offs and landings.

He was about to travel to the land of his ancestors for a week, after working what seemed like several hundred hours tracking problems with the power trim and tilt pump on his outboard. "You guys might have built aircraft" he said, but I'll challenge anyone to solve the puzzle of the three ball bearings, three differens springs and the 180,000 incorrect combinations.

He didn't have much faith in the result, so he'd booked an hour in an interstate Jabaru, making sure he wasn't going to get a Jabazigzag, or even a Jabbabanana. He'd bought a high speed king fish lure, and was going to tie it behine the Jabba, figuring he'd cover more ground that way. Aothough he hadn't solved the problem of getting them into the aircraft yet.

In fact, come to think of it, Le Crappe seems very defensive about his mate and mentor Rod, and of course without Rod, we'd all be wingless hoons running around town in utes....

So we return to about post # not many, where BigPete was flying the Murray with his fishing line dangling from his 160.

"I can give you some tips, Tubb" he said. "Dangle your lure, hold your tongue out of the other side, hope that you stay on the tar when you land and blame Bundaberg if you don't catch any fish."

"I'm a bit of a dangler" said Boggles "And I'm waiting at the gate for readmission. What do I need to do, again to find The Pebble, just up from Albury? And what are these concentric purple lines on this map thingy around Albury?"

Just then the Lass elbowed her Nanna out of the way "I hear Le Crapp is into double bungers" she said "I like ..............

"They are.... X Zone marks designed just for you Biggerbugle, they hypnotise you and when you get close to them you start flying round and round in circles sort of like a mosquito light" he said.

Biggerbugle wasn't sure he wasn't being stitched up and decide to fly via the Ord River, which was very hard to fly. He was pleased that at least his Sheeter landed straight.

"What really happens with the Jabberscrewdriver?" he asked Le Crappe, who had just choked on his Latte.....

Meanwhile, the Good Friar Puk :big_grin: and PlainJaneVanillaGeoff 024_cool.gif.e4faea8b8d6d5d6e548e269d4b8acbd2.gif had beens sampling the latest of Puk's altar wine. :clown: "Jeez it's gotta kick like a 170 landing nosewheel first with a 20 knot crosswind", said I'mStraightGeoff. ;):ah_oh:

"Well, there's a fair crosswind now", said the Friar, :big_grin: "lets fire up the JabyJuicer and give it a go." :thumb_up:

So out two heros strapped themselves in and (after preflight, of course) MidnightGeoff 024_cool.gif.e4faea8b8d6d5d6e548e269d4b8acbd2.gif hits the starter. The JabiShrew bellows into life and before they know it, are at 4000ft over the WentWorthLess aerodrome. 031_loopy.gif.791dd61f4721144544bc840fb53eec3f.gif:loopy:

"088_censored.gif.03b4fab6f26a58d5cdf75ba85c450225.gif", said Geoff - "what did you fuel up with question.gif.3fab79942766b9e477be0b131a0a3b3b.gif:question:question.gif.3fab79942766b9e477be0b131a0a3b3b.gif"

PiedPuk :clown: took another swig of his bottle and said -

"Wow - AVGAS sure tastes funny, doesn't it question.gif.3fab79942766b9e477be0b131a0a3b3b.gif"

OMG, thought Geoff 024_cool.gif.e4faea8b8d6d5d6e548e269d4b8acbd2.gif to himself - this will give those bastards at Shell a shake up 068_angry.gif.e6e3bad802304927655e1c48b61088cd.gif - I'll call it JabiruJetJuice and sell it for $1.45 a liter. :thumb_up:

So as the Captain :heart: choked on his 5th Latte for the day.........

regards

:big_grin::big_grin:

So as the Captain :heart: choked on his 5th Latte for the day.........

.... he thought "I must have missed my invitation to that little get-together. I'll check my PM's tonight when I get back from having another late Latte or 2."

"I noticed that too" said Tubb "As I don't think I received anything, and we should have noticed as both me and the Skipper have exchanged a few PM's recently."

"There must be an inner sanctum in this NES caper" said Le Crapp "And it's obvious that we aint in it, so 088_censored.gif.03b4fab6f26a58d5cdf75ba85c450225.gif them and 088_censored.gif.03b4fab6f26a58d5cdf75ba85c450225.gif their dogs too."

"Perhaps GuiltriddenPete and MidnightGeoff go over to Puck's joint for a private confession session with the good Friar" he added.

"No" said Tubb "Although FesserPete has a fair bit to get off his chest, they actually just ...................

.....just wanted to get away from all the inuendo :ah_oh: and upyourendo :confused: that was so prevalent and bogging down the flow (of a good story). i_dunno

However the truth of the matter is PoorLeftOutOfTheActionPete 051_crying.gif.edc6b33a234e272ee13f0ec0ae40b12a.gif was feeling hard done by as he was the only one (Jabiru Jocky) not having Jabiru departures :black_eye: (of 90 degrees or more to the left (not that there's anything wrong with that)). :yuk:

So whilst doing T&G's to the sounds of "Come Fly With Me" and "Straighten Up and Fly RIGHT" on his Ipod, :thumb_up: DownTheCentreLinePete lands one after the other with no deviation what so ever. :big_grin:

"Bugger", said BigPete to himself, "I was hoping for more bounce and spin than Shane Warne could dream of". 006_laugh.gif.d4257c62d3c07cda468378b239946970.gif

Maybe I need more weight over the front wheel. thumb_down The Captain :heart: has all sorts of 088_censored.gif.03b4fab6f26a58d5cdf75ba85c450225.gif in his 230, even got an Espresso machine and 4 slice toaster in the front panel.

Desperately IWantToBeAsBadAsTheRestOfYouPete 049_sad.gif.cfa4f274d7bd070bd6a24b809e8799ba.gif reached for the 'phone......

regards

:big_grin::big_grin::big_grin:

My Aunt's garden is to the left of my arrival.

Guest Geoff1563861416

Desperately IWantToBeAsBadAsTheRestOfYouPete:angry: reached for the 'phone and rang PlainJaneVanillaGeoff:yuk: to see if there was any more JabiruJetJuice to be had:nerd:, but the next lot of plonk to be picked is not till next week.thumb_down So I reckon we might have to try some of the Le Crapp Latte:help: and see how that goes in the JabiShrew it might give a bounce to the front wheel of the downTheCentreLinePete,s 102_wasnt_me.gif.aa230f6efb9b649c7c3d7c8e521e910b.gif JabyJuicer and that might make up up for the fish he missed out on up Bundaberg way so as I'mStraightGeoff goes of with his crane to load more plonk onto the front weel of the caps 230 024_cool.gif.e4faea8b8d6d5d6e548e269d4b8acbd2.gif

So both members of the inner sanctum have become active again the day after confession (my favourite girlfriend was like that years ago too) and it was agreed by all NES'ers that anyone capable of supplying plonk is to be shown complete respect.

"We love you, I'mstraightGeoff (not that there is anything wrong with that) and what's more, we will respect you in the morning" was the chorus from the throng of contributors.

"I don't" said Boogles "After all, does anyone really respect anybody each time they fly? Respect is a bit like preflights and weather reports, I reckon, and that's because .......

Pete's Aunt's garden is available for parking 160's and 170's if required

Another double bunger

However the truth of the matter is PoorLeftOutOfTheActionPete 051_crying.gif.edc6b33a234e272ee13f0ec0ae40b12a.gif was feeling hard done by as he was the only one (Jabiru Jocky) not having Jabiru departures :black_eye: (of 90 degrees or more to the left (not that there's anything wrong with that)). :yuk:

This is an excellent example of the way Jabiru have designed their aircraft specifically for Australian conditions.

At each Natfly you often hear the owners of other brands saying "How come this event is overrun with Jabiru's and they get all of the best parking spots?".

We are now able to divulge that this is why JabJockies always opt to land short on 29 at Narromine, and when piloted with pluck and determination the aircraft will then automatically parks itself without all of that tiresome backtracking and taxiing stuff.

"That's Aussie honest ingun-uity" said ...............

"That's Aussie honest ingun-uity" said ...............Ozzie Ozzie Oi OI OI Pete " none of them foreign type nose wheels have the genuine ozzie inbuilt El Nana / Southern Ozzielation that shoots Jabwacky leading wheels off in a southerly direction whenever .........

"That's Aussie honest ingun-uity" said ...............

ALovak, as he cussed himself for missing the last evenings frivolities. 068_angry.gif.e6e3bad802304927655e1c48b61088cd.gif:black_eye:

"Those Blunderplunders have pinched that fine czech aircraft's 'auto left' feature the cunning b:censored:s!" he added.

"Oh gawd, how could I have missed ParrallellPete's passion pine being pyrolysised by a JabberJato plume. 051_crying.gif.edc6b33a234e272ee13f0ec0ae40b12a.gif049_sad.gif.cfa4f274d7bd070bd6a24b809e8799ba.gif Or turbanplotter's admissions of being a territorialist :ah_oh: and displaying intimate knowledge of the southwest, that can only come from a county boy (Or of a townie with a map :raise_eyebrow:) without comment?!"...Oh yeah, took the goodlady :heart::heart: out for the evening...:thumb_up:

So, with recognition of PureheartedPete's disdain 025_blush.gif.8e2ecc192cc98853ac4370dddcd7cf74.gif of flow blocking inuendo :black_eye:, ALovak withdraws and muses if the local CB activity will prevent going for a blat this arvo...049_sad.gif.cfa4f274d7bd070bd6a24b809e8799ba.gif.

(It didn't. Nice and smooth even with a storm in the distance. Did a bomb run over the top of the pirate's palace! Didn't wave the rude bugga...)

==========

The C under the helmet is often called that 006_laugh.gif.d4257c62d3c07cda468378b239946970.gif

" none of them foreign type nose wheels have the genuine ozzie inbuilt El Nana / Southern Ozzielation that shoots Jabwacky leading wheels off in a southerly direction whenever .........

they land in full view of drivers of foreign types be they of the slippery-shiney or the raggy-draggy persuasion.

Them foreigners for their part when presented on approach with a mob of roos of the non-jab bouncing variety and in keeping with PureheartedPete's disdain 025_blush.gif.8e2ecc192cc98853ac4370dddcd7cf74.gif of flow blocking inuendo………..

While all this has been going on, 031_loopy.gif.791dd61f4721144544bc840fb53eec3f.gif SherlockPete 024_cool.gif.e4faea8b8d6d5d6e548e269d4b8acbd2.gif has been mulling over a very strange observation. :confused:

The Captain :heart: has a FOUR slice toaster in his J230. Why question.gif.3fab79942766b9e477be0b131a0a3b3b.gif:question: Two slices of toast at a time should be enough for two occupants. i_dunno

Then, :ah_oh: like a darting Jabiru departing sideways from the runway, :yuk: (are we ever going to get past it?) 088_censored.gif.03b4fab6f26a58d5cdf75ba85c450225.gif (NO) AstoundedPete realizes the obvious answer. :thumb_up:

The Captain :heart: is entertaining all three of the Riverland gals :ah_oh: (daughter, :broken_heart: mum, :broken_heart: and nana :broken_heart:) in his J230 (nee J430 minus extra seats). 068_angry.gif.e6e3bad802304927655e1c48b61088cd.gif How could we be so blind, 024_cool.gif.e4faea8b8d6d5d6e548e269d4b8acbd2.gif AnguishedPete said to himself - its so out there - 4 slice toaster and two pouffs in the back section :confused: (not that there's anything wrong with that!). :big_grin:

Crikey, if Wreck A:censored: Aviation Oz get hold of this info 051_crying.gif.edc6b33a234e272ee13f0ec0ae40b12a.gif - it will look bad for all of us, 049_sad.gif.cfa4f274d7bd070bd6a24b809e8799ba.gif time to get the Good Friar Puk to do some hands on counseling.

So ConcernedPete :black_eye: makes the call..........

regards

Hello....is that you Friar question.gif.3fab79942766b9e477be0b131a0a3b3b.gif Oh good, now listen, we have a problem with the Captain :heart:...what's that question.gif.3fab79942766b9e477be0b131a0a3b3b.gif..Yes, I'll have a dozen, send them down with that shipment of aftershave, 024_cool.gif.e4faea8b8d6d5d6e548e269d4b8acbd2.gif but make sure the labels are right this time....It wasn't 'till the missus commented on my "shardy" aftershave that I realized I'd been drinking out of the wrong bloody bottle :yuk: ...Yes the Captain,:heart: he's keeping three women that we know of, and, well... there might be more. i_dunno No, I don't know his bloody Aunt 068_angry.gif.e6e3bad802304927655e1c48b61088cd.gif or where she keeps the pen....Yes, well allright I'll ask next time I see her, now ask IStompThemMyselfGeoff :thumb_up: to fly You to the Captains :heart: location and give him a good morals serve and tell him to behave...Ok....Yes....Will do.....

regards

Hello....is that you Friar question.gif.3fab79942766b9e477be0b131a0a3b3b.gif Oh good, now listen, we have a problem with the Captain :heart:...what's that question.gif.3fab79942766b9e477be0b131a0a3b3b.gif..Yes, I'll have a dozen, send them down with that shipment of aftershave, 024_cool.gif.e4faea8b8d6d5d6e548e269d4b8acbd2.gif but make sure the labels are right this time....It wasn't 'till the missus commented on my "shardy" aftershave that I realized I'd been drinking out of the wrong bloody bottle :yuk: ...Yes the Captain,:heart: he's keeping three women that we know of, and, well... there might be more. i_dunno No, I don't know his bloody Aunt 068_angry.gif.e6e3bad802304927655e1c48b61088cd.gif or where she keeps the pen....Yes, well allright I'll ask next time I see her, now ask IStompThemMyselfGeoff :thumb_up: to fly You to the Captains :heart: location and give him a good morals serve and tell him to behave...Ok....Yes....Will do.....

regards

"Listen BigFirmPete", said the Puck.

"Say what you like, but when Le Clap and Tubb are away, the NES grinds to a bit of a halt, particularly when Planey loses interest too"

"For the Puck knows all and when Tubb went fishing this week in SA and the Clap went working up in the New England I think it is fair to say that the NES has declined a bit (in quantity but not necessarily in quality)" added the Pucker, who is ever the politician.

"But don't worry, let's get stuck into a bit more of this Church Block Red, when we can get paralytic + head to heaven at the same time, a bit like Le Clap did with the Riverland Trinity last week"

"And boy, did they suffer" responded the Clap "Those 3 just aren't stayers, and if only they had .............

If it's not broken, does anyone want a slice of toast down in my Aunt's garden

(Thanx Captain :heart: - it was getting lonely here by myself) 051_crying.gif.edc6b33a234e272ee13f0ec0ae40b12a.gif

regards :big_grin: :big_grin:

With AbandonedPete feeling lonely, unloved, somewhat frustrated, and taking all of post # 791 talking to himself, SelfabusePete was looking forward to the AAAA Group descending (going down? ... not that there is anything wrong with that) on Echuca in April.

"I will have heaps of antique aircraft and antique pilots to play with" he said to his darling. "And because you won't let me go to Narromine this year, this will be my 1st chance to catch up with my little flying friends since Avalon ........ except when I buggered off with Geoff and the Fryer (for Puck cooked the chips that weekend) the other day without inviting my other literary mates" (And that is the reason, dear reader, that Tubb abandoned all thoughts aeronautic and went fishing in SA ...... or was he searching the Riverland for a tuber with those lasses?).

"That Slovakian bloke who has always got his hands on his hose and helmet (not that there is anything wrong with that) sounds like a bit of a hunk" said ShewhoputsupwithalotMrsPete "Why don't you invite him, his metal sculpture & his sunscreen to come down, as I have a girlfriend who would ................

Le Clap

"...be more than happy to try to cut the corrosion out if it."

"Besides, she's a keen topless sunbaker, and is used to being cooked."

By now, interest was increasing in this holiday weekend, but because there had been an outbreak of bull ants at Echewga which would have played havoc with the normal underwing antics, camping had been banned, and the hosts were exhibiting some understandable nervousness about a possible influx of Chuck Yeagers in their plastic fantastics, interposed with the people who hung under rags and bones and travelled about the same speed as a seagull outboard, and Organising Pete was starting to sweat at the thought of how many cattle he was ghoing to have to rustle for the barbeque.

Tuberplane whose ancestors included cattle rustlers offered to pick up some road kill for the weekend, most of it quite fresh.

He'd had a trying week in South Australia blowing up a second boat motor, this time cunningly siting himself upwind from a jetty which was the only structure for several kilometres, and then his friends had grabbed himn and force fed him on crayfish and Sauvignoin Blanc for a week, and he could only waddle back over the border into Victoria.

He thought he might tack his boat to the fly in as everyone else seemed to be getting closer and close to the River, and as long as he didn't blow another motor he'd probably be able to park the boat next to the Jabs, tin drums, and bits of canvas.

He though about how lonely SadBigPete must be feeling, with the batteries now flat in all his Christmas presents, and becoming a major event organiser.

BigPete responded by......

He thought he might tack his boat to the fly in as everyone else seemed to be getting closer and close to the River, and as long as he didn't blow another motor he'd probably be able to park the boat next to the Jabs, tin drums, and bits of canvas.

"Is that the new QuintStar?" asked Areola "In which western european country are they knocked up?" he added "And will they turn left when I land them?".

Just then Biggles2centsworth called in on the Coonabarabran frequency "Is that Swan Hill down there, as there are no stinguishing features around here other than that big red rock about 2000 kms NW .... what is the weather likely to be on Tuesday fortnight .... when can I come back in to the forum to play, and has anyone seen Caroline?"

"My QuintStar is a ..............................

"My QuintStar is a ..............................

"..well built Ultralight:censored:Recreational Aircraft:censored:Light Aircraft:censored:Thingy, and I'll admit that it has a large bubble, but that doesn't mean it's Knocked Up, or I don't think so" he replied.

"As far as turning left after landing, you'd realise now that was just a furphy, and after all the slagging off at the Bundaberg Rocket, it turns out that someone hadn't bothered to carry out a modification which would have prevented it, and safeguarded the lives of students"

Biggleboggle had become irritated that he was being ignored, and gave what he thought was a Mayday call, but which was taken on the ground to be a glider pilot talking to his mate.

He was keen top get to Echewga to see Caroline, but what he didn't know was that she had already moved again...to Albany...

........is really a Squintstar, as you have to look really hard to see its good points. 006_laugh.gif.d4257c62d3c07cda468378b239946970.gif:laugh:

WhereWillIPut'EmPete is still looking for a place to put the multitude of forum flyers expected to attend the the next Echuca Flyin AAAA Airshow spectacular. :thumb_up: If I tell everyone that we are a bunch of rich old farts who fly cause we can, then things will be tough and expensive. :yuk:

If on the otherhand I tell everyone that we are all ex service personell 024_cool.gif.e4faea8b8d6d5d6e548e269d4b8acbd2.gif attending the local ANZAC service, things will better, :thumb_up: hell, the way the Rudd Gov are handing out funds we may even get some financial assistance. 011_clap.gif.8adfe837b4189ee6622bf4917d6a88c0.gif

Now just how many of us will still fit into our old service clobber, BigPete pondered to himself (not bloody many, I'll bet). :yuk:i_dunno

Plan B is to giver everyone a boy scouts uniform and to line up at the local scout hall for a free ANZAC snag or two. :big_grin:

(and if plan A and B fail - plan C is for I'mOuttaHerePete to leave the country 024_cool.gif.e4faea8b8d6d5d6e548e269d4b8acbd2.gif and wait until things quiet down again). (hey, it worked for Pixie). 068_angry.gif.e6e3bad802304927655e1c48b61088cd.gif

regards

WherewilliputtimPete hadn't thought of the most obvious, just telling them he wanted space for Southern 80 spectators. Then the town would put them up in the houses, streets and tree branches and put on a major breakfast event......

WherewilliputtimPete hadn't thought of the most obvious, just telling them he wanted space for Southern 80 spectators. Then the town would put them up in the houses, streets and tree branches and put on a major breakfast event......

And PromotionalPete accelerated to full throttle with posts all over the joint to hype the AAAA Echuca event.

"I reckon that he is just angling for an AO for services to the NES" said Tubb.

"No, he wants it for services to Scouting, but he won't succeed if that is just option B" said Crapp "As I heard Pete ask HiHo whether he would wince or mince if Pete wiggled his woggle".

The Tuberplanter was stunned and said "If anyone wanders about wondering whether they would wiggle my woggle I'll ................

Regarde Le Crappee

The tents of the RAA throng are in Pete's garden