Aviation classifieds down to 13 aircraft

pmccarthy

On 16/01/2021 at 7:47 PM, Jerry_Atrick said:

Indeed, spacey...And those who are supposedly well educated have doors opened too easily for them...

Well, it’s never stopped me.......I have spent my whole life learning.  You never learn anything with an open mouth 🙂. Qualified in nothing, but do anything 🙂

• Like 2

Being educated is not the same as being trained, however you can be both. Neither of these qualities "open doors" as well as connections (who you know). The only "bad" education is the one that seeks to indoctrinate rather than educate, promote propaganda/faith over logic & science.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, jackc said:

Well, it’s never stopped me.......I have spent my whole life learning.  You never learn anything with an open mouth 🙂. Qualified in nothing, but do anything 🙂

Yes, better to know a little about a lot that a lot about nothing.

• Like 1

Well I have always been a bit of a "Jack of all trades Master of none"  - a factor of  my personality (love a challenge and will give almost anything a go) and environment (mainly worked in agriculture, where its not always economically viable to get the services of a trained person - so give it a go).

I have found that with a bit of research (was books, now Google), a dab of common sense, confidence (possibly too much ) - it is possible to achieve a satisfactory job/result in almost any practical area that the farmer is presented with - the possible exception being an understanding human behavior/motivation.

Edited by skippydiesel
  • Like 2

Maybe I should clarify what I meant by "And those who are supposedly well educated have doors opened too easily for them..."

Which means that those who have passed their exams but haven't really learned anything or how to apply what they have learned.. I have seen MBA graduates who probably don't even know what the acronym stands for, let alone how to manage or administer anything. I have seen engineers who  are crap, but because they have a masters, are given project management jobs ahead of good project managers. I have seen the same with traders - and the results were a very expensive failed project...

Yes, it is probably tinged with who one knows, as well... But not always..

Anyway, back o the classified numbers - up to "14", but I notice, it is really 13, as one of the aircraft ads is a portiable hangar... or some such thing..

Noticed on aviationtrader, there are more rotors than other aircraft for sale...

22 minutes ago, Jerry_Atrick said:

Maybe I should clarify what I meant by "And those who are supposedly well educated have doors opened too easily for them..."

Which means that those who have passed their exams but haven't really learned anything or how to apply what they have learned.. I have seen MBA graduates who probably don't even know what the acronym stands for, let alone how to manage or administer anything. I have seen engineers who  are crap, but because they have a masters, are given project management jobs ahead of good project managers. I have seen the same with traders - and the results were a very expensive failed project...

Yes, it is probably tinged with who one knows, as well... But not always..

Anyway, back o the classified numbers - up to "14", but I notice, it is really 13, as one of the aircraft ads is a portiable hangar... or some such thing..

Noticed on aviationtrader, there are more rotors than other aircraft for sale...

I was speaking to the Aviator who designed that portable hangar a few days back.

He is a retired engineer and has had many Enquiries on it, even from overseas.

People also wanting plans etc.  I suggested he market the plans on his design etc.

However, he said he is well and truly ‘retired’.   It’s a great concept 🙂 

42 minutes ago, jackc said:

I was speaking to the Aviator who designed that portable hangar a few days back.

He is a retired engineer and has had many Enquiries on it, even from overseas.

People also wanting plans etc.  I suggested he market the plans on his design etc.

However, he said he is well and truly ‘retired’.   It’s a great concept 🙂 

If you have an easy to remove/replace/folding wing aircraft - I briefly looked at his "hanger" . One design point in particular did not sit well with me  - single axle on such a large "box" - having towed quit a lot of boxy shaped light trillers (& few full sized semi's)  I would always have a double or triple axle, to aid in directional stability when the inevitable side wind is prevailing or  buffet  from passing trucks impacts on the large "sail" area.

• Like 1