Jump to content

Aviation classifieds down to 13 aircraft


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I bought my plane in March ‘20 realising that the pandemic could cause me problems sourcing one out of state in the future, I just sucked it up facing financial uncertainty as well.  It’ was a ca

That’s been the case since Moses tried to get a bulk deal on sandals.

I had a very good friend in 2008 make that same decision.  He decided that life was short and he was not getting any younger.   In a totally out of character move he cashed $80,000 worth of

On 16/01/2021 at 7:47 PM, Jerry_Atrick said:

Indeed, spacey...And those who are supposedly well educated have doors opened too easily for them...

Well, it’s never stopped me.......I have spent my whole life learning.  You never learn anything with an open mouth 🙂. Qualified in nothing, but do anything 🙂

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Being educated is not the same as being trained, however you can be both. Neither of these qualities "open doors" as well as connections (who you know). The only "bad" education is the one that seeks to indoctrinate rather than educate, promote propaganda/faith over logic & science.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jackc said:

Well, it’s never stopped me.......I have spent my whole life learning.  You never learn anything with an open mouth 🙂. Qualified in nothing, but do anything 🙂

 

Yes, better to know a little about a lot that a lot about nothing.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

HO !

the English education. 

Compulsory of course, 

Or the 

Australian education,  compulsory.  AND STILL Sending out ILLITERANT KIDS INTO THE LOWEST PAID EMPLOYMENT.

spacesailor

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I have always been a bit of a "Jack of all trades Master of none"  - a factor of  my personality (love a challenge and will give almost anything a go) and environment (mainly worked in agriculture, where its not always economically viable to get the services of a trained person - so give it a go).

 

I have found that with a bit of research (was books, now Google), a dab of common sense, confidence (possibly too much ) - it is possible to achieve a satisfactory job/result in almost any practical area that the farmer is presented with - the possible exception being an understanding human behavior/motivation.

Edited by skippydiesel
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe I should clarify what I meant by "And those who are supposedly well educated have doors opened too easily for them..."

 

Which means that those who have passed their exams but haven't really learned anything or how to apply what they have learned.. I have seen MBA graduates who probably don't even know what the acronym stands for, let alone how to manage or administer anything. I have seen engineers who  are crap, but because they have a masters, are given project management jobs ahead of good project managers. I have seen the same with traders - and the results were a very expensive failed project...

 

Yes, it is probably tinged with who one knows, as well... But not always..

 

Anyway, back o the classified numbers - up to "14", but I notice, it is really 13, as one of the aircraft ads is a portiable hangar... or some such thing..

 

Noticed on aviationtrader, there are more rotors than other aircraft for sale...

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Jerry_Atrick said:

Maybe I should clarify what I meant by "And those who are supposedly well educated have doors opened too easily for them..."

 

Which means that those who have passed their exams but haven't really learned anything or how to apply what they have learned.. I have seen MBA graduates who probably don't even know what the acronym stands for, let alone how to manage or administer anything. I have seen engineers who  are crap, but because they have a masters, are given project management jobs ahead of good project managers. I have seen the same with traders - and the results were a very expensive failed project...

 

Yes, it is probably tinged with who one knows, as well... But not always..

 

Anyway, back o the classified numbers - up to "14", but I notice, it is really 13, as one of the aircraft ads is a portiable hangar... or some such thing..

 

Noticed on aviationtrader, there are more rotors than other aircraft for sale...

I was speaking to the Aviator who designed that portable hangar a few days back.

He is a retired engineer and has had many Enquiries on it, even from overseas.

People also wanting plans etc.  I suggested he market the plans on his design etc.

However, he said he is well and truly ‘retired’.   It’s a great concept 🙂 

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, jackc said:

I was speaking to the Aviator who designed that portable hangar a few days back.

He is a retired engineer and has had many Enquiries on it, even from overseas.

People also wanting plans etc.  I suggested he market the plans on his design etc.

However, he said he is well and truly ‘retired’.   It’s a great concept 🙂 

If you have an easy to remove/replace/folding wing aircraft - I briefly looked at his "hanger" . One design point in particular did not sit well with me  - single axle on such a large "box" - having towed quit a lot of boxy shaped light trillers (& few full sized semi's)  I would always have a double or triple axle, to aid in directional stability when the inevitable side wind is prevailing or  buffet  from passing trucks impacts on the large "sail" area.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...