Chemtrails and other nonsence

Ian

I spoke to a pilot the other day who fervently believed in existence of chemtrails and other Government/UN conspiracies to install overlords or something similar. 

I was a bit surprised because as a pilot he'd have an understanding of the types of infrastructure required to perform such as feat, just the the logistics alone would be incredibly difficult. As well as this being a pilot he should have a basic understanding of the weather and be able to extrapolate why some contrails will last significantly longer periods than others.

The thing that really gets me is that everyone knows that Government in general has a degree of incompetence large enough to make them the butt of many jokes, so how does this seemingly incompetent organisation run this massive secret operation hidden from the eyes of the major news organisations and only facebook or whereever they get information from etc. We all deal with CASA and know what stellar performers they are like. We also saw the head of BOM trying to rebrand the organisation in the middle of a major flood so we know that they're not savants.

Governments in general are prone to hubris, overreach and mismanagement, they're made up of average people by design, because we want the best and brightest people to be running business and research organisations.

Wikipedia maintains a list of conspiracy theories https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_conspiracy_theories

Are views like this common in the flying community or are they the exception to the rule, I had thought that pilots, given the fact that remaining airbourne requires practitioners to be able to use critical thinking, would be less likely to side with the conspiracy theorists.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Winner 1

Some folk seem to be magnets for that sort of stuff....with no apparent ability or tendency to do any sort of reality check.

Just about everyone knows at least one of those folk by now: sometimes they are good friends or family.
And nobody has yet figured out what can be done about it, since arguing over the 'facts' seems to have no positive effect at all.

• Agree 2

I think what you’re missing is that the government is so incredibly competent that it chooses to appear incompetent so you won’t notice while they’re taking over the world. I know this is true because I saw a web page that said so. Do your own research, sheeple! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Conspiracy theorists grew like topsy during the pandemic and most were adamant supporters of the biggest one of all, Trump. We have one on the airfield and he is an instructor. Even when confronted with verifiable facts these individuals are completely unmoved. Something in their brain has switched and a dogmatic unmovable attitude has set in. It is pretty sad really and often they alienate themselves from others they have known for a long time.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 1

10 hours ago, sfGnome said:

I think what you’re missing is that the government is so incredibly competent that it chooses to appear incompetent so you won’t notice while they’re taking over the world. I know this is true because I saw a web page that said so. Do your own research, sheeple! 

I liked the quote that the the head of Coke made about some of the conspiracy theories about the introduction of new coke"

""We're not that dumb, and we're not that smart."

Edited by Ian
  • Like 1

Blown out of the sky !.

The government's are too greedy to waste money on ' using aircraft ' .

Don't forget they conned us by saying " Flouride is good for teeth " .

Kids today have the same amount of tooth decay as the post war kids !. And I kid you not .

So all any government has to do is put it in our water .

Then do what they do so well , lie ! , thats it's all for our benefit .

spacesailor

Well, No. It has been proven in many studies that the addition of fluoride to the drinking water is beneficial to dental health. Dental carries has been on the decline since the 1960s. It has increased temporarily in different decades. It increased in the early 2000s but decreased again after 2010 to the level it was before 2000.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

A good mate of mine told me 'they' were looking at confining us all to within a few miles of our town/village. In fact they may be already trying it.....somewhere like Cambridge, he thought. No thought to how that could be achieved and policed, quite apart from the likely reaction of the populace to any such thing.
But he did express surprise and horror that some of his informants....including people he knows.....think Putin is a nice man....

What can ya do???

• Informative 1

I'm told that, now the whole Covid thing has gone a bit stale, the talking heads who push this sort of sh*te have 'pivoted' to climate change, just who is responsible or not and what is actually going on there.
It seems to me most of the playbook on this stuff comes ready-packaged from the US. And it seems to find a home with folk are chronically indignant.

• Agree 1

I blame the death of the Encyclopedia,

it used to be as simple as whatever was written in the Encyclopedia (especially Britannica) was held as fact
if we didn't know, we would just say that and move on.
you wouldn't accept that what the guy at the local pub said was correct. unless you knew he was an expert in that field

now its google, and whatever answer feels right. (multiple answers because any idiot can post the opinion)
because your truth  is more important then, the truth

and never forget everyone wants to feel special, everyone wants to feel like they know more then the average person.
or have some hidden truth or answer

Edited by spenaroo
  • Like 1

Wikipedia is helpful but has a disclaimer  To get the truth you have to WANT to and put the hard work into and still keep an open mind and a bit of scepticism.  Check on the information sources.  Nev

15 minutes ago, facthunter said:

Check on the information sources.

And that's what folk don't seem able or willing to do.

A while back someone lent me a book by David Icke. I got no further than page 1 where he states that Karl Marx was part of a capitalist plot.
A quick search of David Icke then reveals that he is a conspiracy theorist of long standing, charismatic with a large following. That he was once publicly ridiculed on BBC TV for saying he was the son of God. That he wore turquoise (I think) for one whole period, something to do with receiving energy and vibrations. That he thinks (or thought) extraterrestrial lizards are running planet Earth.

And that's just the start of it, old stuff long before the current surge in 'beliefs'.
But somebody bought this book.....and lends it to whoever they can.

It's like the world has lost it's collective marbles.......(

• Haha 1

Please tell ? .

Which year of encyclopedia published the  ' English pope '  and the riddle of  how many " prunciation's " of the words ' saw ', '  soar ' sore ' counting the one you said " they are pronounced " sxxx.

I have had two,

neither of them answered my question. 

spacesailor

On 14/3/2023 at 4:46 PM, facthunter said:

Wikipedia is helpful but has a disclaimer  To get the truth you have to WANT to and put the hard work into and still keep an open mind and a bit of scepticism.  Check on the information sources.  Nev

Despite being a ling-time supporter of Wikipedia, their conservative attitude frustrates me. I suspect they had to fight so hard to be accepted as a reliable source, that they err in the side of the ultra conservative, especially regarding history.

• Informative 1