First solo today. Palmyra.

Hi. I did my first solo today (16 August)at Palmyra, west of Mackay. It was made in a Savannah which is a great aircraft. Looking forward to finishing off my time and getting around the local area.

Today 15 September completed my certificate. Now have HP NW and it was great flying although a bit hazy at 0830. I've attached an image of the local area at Mackay for those who have not been up this way.

I look forward to getting in more experience and then getting my LP TW on a Skyfox.

017_happy_dance.gif.8a199466e9bd67cc25ecc8b442db76ba.gif

Cheers

Mike

Creek .doc

Creek .doc

Creek .doc

Creek .doc

Creek .doc

Creek .doc

Hi. I did my first solo today at Palmyra, west of Mackay. It was made in a Savannah which is a great aircraft. Looking forward to finishing off my time and getting around the local area.Cheers

Mike

Well done Mike, another fledgling to the fold- not long and you'll soon have a "licence to learn"

Become the instructor when you're up there alone....

Good on ya Mike. I did my first solo about 6 weeks ago and the high is only just wearing off now. Weird feeling isn't it doing that first circuit with no one to talk to and the passanger set with no-one in it. Hope you have many more. 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif

• 4 weeks later...
Hi. I did my first solo today (16 August)at Palmyra, west of Mackay. It was made in a Savannah which is a great aircraft. Looking forward to finishing off my time and getting around the local area.Today 15 September completed my certificate. Now have HP NW and it was great flying although a bit hazy at 0830. I've attached an image of the local area at Mackay for those who have not been up this way.

I look forward to getting in more experience and then getting my LP TW on a Skyfox.

Cheers

Mike

update re gaining certificate.

Creek .doc

Creek .doc

Creek .doc

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations Mike! Your first solo is a major event which you will remember for the rest of your life. My first solo was in 1970 in a Victa Airtourer (VH-DAM) and I could still describe that flight in every detail! John.

• 7 months later...
Hi. I did my first solo today (16 August)at Palmyra, west of Mackay. It was made in a Savannah which is a great aircraft. Looking forward to finishing off my time and getting around the local area.Today 15 September completed my certificate. Now have HP NW and it was great flying although a bit hazy at 0830. I've attached an image of the local area at Mackay for those who have not been up this way.

Cheers

Mike

Hi just an update that I completed my low performance, two stroke and tail wheel today with a solo in a Drifter 503. Had a good time and it was a great experience solo in the drifter as they get off and up quicker than two up. It was good to fly a different aircraft and with gliding experience it was good seated on the center line again rather than to the side. Hope everyone also had some great weather and flights over the weekend.

Cheers

Mike

• Like 1

Guest Maj Millard

Well done Mike,.............................................................................Maj...012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

Good work Mike, I do like the drifters, a very nice machine.

Tailwheels on my list of things to do (after finishing X-Country). Just gotta find one around southern NSW thast all.

Phil