Ra-Aus "Infomercial" on ABC TV just on...

winsor68

I just saw Eugene Reid giving Ra-Aus a good plug on the ABC news... Great stuff!!

I was a bit disappointed to see our President's flying school aircraft doing what would under our rules be classed as "Aerobatics" i.e. 90degree banked turns.... but it was good none the less...

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Howard Hughes

Great story, but what is with all the Gold braid? Made Gaddaffi look like a second liuetenant...004_oh_yeah.gif.82b3078adb230b2d9519fd79c5873d7f.gif

PS: The turn looked OK to me!

What is with the big nasty bounce and hard rotate at 0.32? Surely they could have done a nice greaser for the camera 008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif

Weight of all the gold braid?

The only people who would have something to say about the Wing overs ,,,, oops ,,,turns are all here ( and other forums) good bit though nice to see some positive news

...and all the CASA guys who entertain themselves on the site; wouldn't be surprised if Toowoomba doesn't get a going over in the next few months.

I liked the turns & I thought it was a nice positive segment. I couldn't care if the Pres wears pink pyjamas or a Nazi armband (being TAS and all) as long as he does his job well.

But that really was just a 'touch' and go - is that how I really should be doing it perhaps? Thinking my training was just too tame... have to head to TAS (before it is sold off to cover the national debt).

Yea, i must come down and learn how to knife edge the jab.reckon you could teach me?.. Looked like a hoot, good thing not many people will see it..abc??...who are they, some small time outfit by the sounds of it, lucky it wasn't aired on a national station..

• Like 1

Thanks for providing the link cficare, reading some of the posts here I got the impression that el presidente had the starring role and had written, directed and produced the feature as well - kind of disappointing to find that his was only one of several interviews in a pretty positive little piece.

Maybe a little cement sprinkled on the morning porridge would be helpful.....?004_oh_yeah.gif.82b3078adb230b2d9519fd79c5873d7f.gif

• Like 1

Look at this forum! A positive piece on RAA and it gets shot down. The turn is away from the camera, it will appear lots steeper the further in rolls away. Shame on all that critisized this story. And good on El Prez for trying to promote the RAA. If he read this stream he will probably say to himself 'why bother'.

jim.

I started the thread and posted the original comment... and I should have just left the comment on the turn out. I was being a bit tongue in cheek and saw nothing dangerous in the operations as shown.

Good on you Eugene Reid... I was very impressed with seeing the story.

• Like 2