Look good

Yenn

Just say for example that you want to impress people about your flying skills. Of all the aircraft you have flown, which do you think would make you look the best, and why?

For myself I would pick the 182 Cessna, it is probably one of the easiest to fly, landings are a non event and they sound so good when you cycle the prop.

Would the short field ability of tha Savannah impress you or the all out speed of an RV, or even the ugliness and noise of a helicopter?

C170, C180, They look good, and you have to fly well to make an impression.

Or now that I'm a J3 Cub driver I'd add that to my list also. Flying wise they're all just an aeroplane, but I'm one for a bit of a challenge! Can't fake it that way... 025_blush.gif.9304aaf8465a2b6ab5171f41c5565775.gif

Have to be Twin Otter. Fly it like it was made to be flown.Cmon Yenn C182?

There was a guy on the Gold Coast doing that a few days ago, having a coffee on the balcony of a high rise on Kirra Beach and there was a huge roar going past.

A few minutes later heard it coming again so swung out on the balcony and there was a Twin Otter gear down diving at the beach, about 300 feet, over the high rises.

I figured the guy was trying to make himself look good - very impressive noise up that close!

• Like 1

I figured the guy was trying to make himself look good - very impressive noise up that close!

Flying in PNG amongst the hills, the Otter pilots are a sight to see, amazing flying.

Hard question Yenn. I haven't really thought about impressing anyone with my flying, just like being 'up there' so I don't care if it's impressive or not! One thing I will say though - when I get to fly in to a flyin, I want to be able to not embarrass myself with the landing, 'cos you know everybody will be watching and give you a rating - hell I do, and discuss each landing with my mates!!

So, I'll just stick with the Thruster and try to fly 'solidly'.

Pud

The Meteor Mk7, A classic jet, good looking and a joy to fly.Alan.

One of the first little lead models I had as a kid was a Meteor... I thought I was very swish!

I still can't go past a Beaver without my heart rate increasing.

kaz

• Like 1

If I really wanted to make an impression, I'd do it in an Auster ... nothing bounces quite like an Auster ... 008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif

Was that you in the yellow one a couple weekends ago?

That I have flown, C182. Same reasons as Yenn.

That I would like to fly, Supermarine Spitfire, fabulous looks, that Merlin V12 sound & military pedigree plus Hawker Hunter, the best looking military jet built.

• Like 2

That I have flown, C182. Same reasons as Yenn.That I would like to fly, Supermarine Spitfire, fabulous looks, that Merlin V12 sound & military pedigree plus Hawker Hunter, the best looking military jet built.

I agree with you Kevin on the like to fly list, I would also pick the Hawker Hunter. I was priveleged when in the RAF Air Cadets to spend two weeks at RAF Halton where the then grounded Hawker Hunter was based. This particular one was the aircraft that Neville Duke won the air speed record in. I was able to sit in it and dream.

Some of you oldies may remember that the air speed record kept changeing between Neville Duke's Hunter and the Supermarine Swift (not as pretty) flown by Mike Lithgow.

Alan Marriette, the old codger.

If I really wanted to make an impression, I'd do it in an Auster ... nothing bounces quite like an Auster ... 008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif

I did that many years ago in the Auster with my wife on board, only trouble was she wanted me to bounce 40 times. 037_yikes.gif.f44636559f7f2c4c52637b7ff2322907.gif

Alan.

• Like 1

You are not the only old codger here but I don't remember the speed records changing. I did have the pleasure of working with Neville on a project when he was semi-retired.

I have also seen Metalman in a Pitts.

Incidentally, I have stopped trying to impress people these days, just trying to enjoy life.

• Like 2

Hard question Yenn. One thing I will say though - when I get to fly in to a flyin, I want to be able to not embarrass myself with the landing, 'cos you know everybody will be watching.Pud

Hey Pud!.....You better practise up!......The hardest time to do a good landing is when everyone is watching....006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif....022_wink.gif.2137519eeebfc3acb3315da062b6b1c1.gif.

Frank.

• Like 1

You are not the only old codger here but I don't remember the speed records changing. I did have the pleasure of working with Neville on a project when he was semi-retired.I have also seen Metalman in a Pitts.

Incidentally, I have stopped trying to impress people these days, just trying to enjoy life.

Neville Duke held the world speed record in the Hunter on 7th. September 1953 at a speed of 727.63 mph however three weeks later on the 26th September 1953 Mike Lithgow took the record from him in the Supermarine Swift over the dessert in Libya at a speed of 735.7 mph. My mate at school was barracking for the Swift and I for the Hunter, I was not amused. 086_gaah.gif.afc514336d60d84c9b8d73d18c3ca02d.gif

Alan.

You've seen me arriving in mine, haven't you?

Bloody bounce was built in.. not even an extra!

kaz

• Like 1

Guest Howard Hughes

A Twin Otter?

Only good thing about them is you can wind down the window, oh and the flap forty take offs, airborne off the piano keys anyone?012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

PS: I forgot the throttles on the roof, so maybe that's three good things!022_wink.gif.2137519eeebfc3acb3315da062b6b1c1.gif