NSW/ACT BY-ELECTION

turboplanner

I will admit to posting mine today.

Col 050_sad_angel.gif.66bb54b0565953d04ff590616ca5018b.gif

======================

Colin Jones, Candidate for NSW/ACT RA Aus vacant board position

Please fill in all squares in order of preference after voting Colin Jones [1] to make your vote really count.

I will admit to posting mine today.Col 050_sad_angel.gif.66bb54b0565953d04ff590616ca5018b.gif

======================

Colin Jones, Candidate for NSW/ACT RA Aus vacant board position

Please fill in all squares in order of preference after voting Colin Jones [1] to make your vote really count.

Good luck Col.

Among other things major points are

- We are a not for profit not a corporation with shareholders interested only in profits nor are we a social club where everyone know everyone and when thing get wobbly we rattle the tin - we need transparency, acountability, equiity and fairness and rules and procedures that reflect this and make sense.

- access to a wide range of airstrips and routes between those strips

- certainty for juniors, their parents and those that teach them and rent planes to them

- certainty to all classes of member and the planes they fly.

- getting the board out and about and visiting their constituents.

- getting RAA out and about - NatFly should not be the be all and end all. the pres is promising support for a flyin at monto (Qld) but how about SA and WA?

- I did time on the Federal council and executive of a big not for profit. I have that experience to offer as well as the experience of being a Professional Engineer for over 30 years.

Thanks for your interest - if anyone has any ideas for us please don't hesitate in putting them up.

cheers

Col:sad angel:

• Like 1

I too think that RAAus should be doing something more for our western members. As Basschaffers pointed out in a post about a year or two ago, there are more RAA members per head of population in SA. Perhaps they could partner with an established fly-in, so there's no need to bring all the office staff, but provide publicity and open it up to a wider audience, thereby encouraging more tradesites and info.

We support Monto Qld because Temora is just too far for us. In Qld the Queens Birthday holiday will be moving from June to October so Monto's dates may have to change. It was well attended even though is was below zero overnight.

Anyone know what will happen with the vacant NT seat? I am guessing the runner-up from the By-election will be crowned as NT's rep; but is there any official word?

All the best Col, and the other good lads standing. Pity I can't vote, being a Qlder.

Sue

• 4 weeks later...

3 February 2012 Congratulations to Mike Apps – successful candidate in the NSW/ACT by-election

Voting results

img1.jpg.0ce0178382740fcaf100dd81922d43d4.jpg

*After the elimination of the candidate with the lowest number of votes and distribution of the second preference.

There were 317 valid votes, 36 invalid votes and 16 voters elected not to mark second or subsequent preferences. Ken McCloskey and Max Brown witnessed the counting and Mr Malcolm Yates (a non-member) was the scrutineer.

Its a worry to see that not many people voted, I assume that means that everybody in NSW is either happy with the RAAus managment or that they realy couldnt give a toss what happens in RAAus.Good luck Mike.

QLD was a similar poor performance when it came to voting.(Yes I did and do vote)

Reluctance to vote is a worry. How many people in the world would die to be allowed to vote and can't get that right extended to them. We take too much for granted because we as individuals did not have to get off out backsides at all to achieve it.

How does the song go?... You won't know what you have lost till it's gone. I applaud those who offer themselves for these jobs and good on you Col for your posts as well. Disappointing the voting turnout.. Nev

Reluctance to vote is a worry. How many people in the world would die to be allowed to vote and can't get that right extended to them. We take too much for granted because we as individuals did not have to get off out backsides at all to achieve it.How does the song go?... You won't know what you have lost till it's gone. I applaud those who offer themselves for these jobs and good on you Col for your posts as well. Disappointing the voting turnout.. Nev

Thanks Nev.

And thanks to all those who vote - no matter how you voted.

Cheers

Col 050_sad_angel.gif.66bb54b0565953d04ff590616ca5018b.gif

Dunno what the normal time frame for the forms is but last election for me I was away O/S for 3.5 weeks and returned to find 2 x RAAus magazines arrived in the mail, one of which included voting forms for an election that had finished the same day I returned home.

Freedom not to vote is a democratic right but yeah 10% is pretty low (unless you are a Green).