• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I live in Narromine so some details for visitors

Two motels, Stockman and Peppercorn

Also caravan park at airport, few cabins and tents

Abbey bed and breakfast

Imperial Stay has pub rooms plus some backpacker style bunks.

Also Narromine hotel has rooms I think, some motel type and some pub rooms too.

No hire cars but is taxis

Can walk to town along golf course.

USMC club does meals, three chinese restraunts, 2 cafes, plus meals at 3 pubs.

2 servos, both do food and have PULP.

Obviously theres the Aeroclub which will have stuff there for the weekend.

Sept is mostly superb weather, cold mornings and warm days. Can get windy in afternoons.

East is Dubbo, RPT and all that goes with it.

West you can fly over lots of green wheat and some canola.

Cotton gins still running full steam. Lots of yellow suasages are cotton staked ready for processing. Still lots on farms too.

North and west of Trangie you will see big channel lining project, black rubber used to stop water seepage. ~ 60 km done, more to go. Largest of its type in Aus and maybe the world. Smaller one just south of airport just started.

Active Ag strip just north of Trangie - keep aware of it.

All I can think of , hope it helps

Pm if anyone needs more info or help

• Informative 3

You still driving to Fly-Ins, Scotty? When is the camper due to fly?

Thanks for the info about Narromine, Jetjr. Looking forward to returning to that great aviation venue (it's like your first love, you always have a soft spot for where your first went solo!) I hope to camp under the wings if my rego is done in time.

You still driving to Fly-Ins, Scotty? When is the camper due to fly?Thanks for the info about Narromine, Jetjr. Looking forward to returning to that great aviation venue (it's like your first love, you always have a soft spot for where your first went solo!) I hope to camp under the wings if my rego is done in time.

Hi Lyle...yes still busy building! Its only 3.5 years since I started. Got the fuselage done now and about to make the undercarriage. Engine is in the USA being sorted now. Im camping at the caravan park at the airfield so hope to catch up.

Scotty 080_plane.gif.36548049f8f1bc4c332462aa4f981ffb.gif

• 2 weeks later...
I live in Narromine so some details for visitorsTwo motels, Stockman and Peppercorn

Also caravan park at airport, few cabins and tents

Abbey bed and breakfast

Imperial Stay has pub rooms plus some backpacker style bunks.

Also Narromine hotel has rooms I think, some motel type and some pub rooms too.

No hire cars but is taxis

Can walk to town along golf course.

USMC club does meals, three chinese restraunts, 2 cafes, plus meals at 3 pubs.

2 servos, both do food and have PULP.

Obviously theres the Aeroclub which will have stuff there for the weekend.

Sept is mostly superb weather, cold mornings and warm days. Can get windy in afternoons.

East is Dubbo, RPT and all that goes with it.

West you can fly over lots of green wheat and some canola.

Cotton gins still running full steam. Lots of yellow suasages are cotton staked ready for processing. Still lots on farms too.

North and west of Trangie you will see big channel lining project, black rubber used to stop water seepage. ~ 60 km done, more to go. Largest of its type in Aus and maybe the world. Smaller one just south of airport just started.

Active Ag strip just north of Trangie - keep aware of it.

All I can think of , hope it helps

Pm if anyone needs more info or help

Great post Jetr- hope to see you there Sat

Hi Folks,

new to the forum, but I'm heading to Ausfly from Kyneton on Thursday, back Sunday in a club C172. I am looking for a fellow flyer to share the flying/costs of the trip if anyone is interested please send me a message. (peterg I already sent you a pm if you're still looking.)

Thanks

Kieran

Hi Folks,new to the forum, but I'm heading to Ausfly from Kyneton on Thursday, back Sunday in a club C172. I am looking for a fellow flyer to share the flying/costs of the trip if anyone is interested please send me a message. (peterg I already sent you a pm if you're still looking.)

Thanks

Kieran

Hello Kieran, sorry I can't help, but I hope you get to Ausfly. I plan to pick your brains about your club and the airport. Prom previous conversations with people from Kyneton it looks like we can learn a bit from you. I will PM you with my phone number.

Just to add, the offer is also there if anyone wants to jump in along the way between Kyneton and Narromine. Happy to stop along the way at Shepparton, Narrandera, Griffith or somewhere between here and there if someone wants to jump in...

(I don't know how to edit the last post to add it in...)

All the best

Kieran

So far no luck with finding another to go in the Kyneton C172, time for plan B... does anyone else who's flying up from the Melbourne/Victoria region have a spare seat for a fixed wing/helicopter pilot/air traffic controller who doesn't want to have to drive up?

Otherwise plan C will be driving I guess, no where near as much fun...

Thanks All

Kieran