Alan Spears. Aviation artist.

Hello all. I'm Alan Spears from Brisbane. Former aeroplane driver as a career. Now my passion is painting aviation on canvas. Here is a couple of my pieces.

Acrylic on stretched canvas 61cm x 76cm

Acrylic on stretched canvas 30cm x 60cm

Anyhow,I'll have a wander through the forums for a while. 063_coffee.gif.b574a6f834090bf3f27c51bb81b045cf.gif

• Like 5

Having failed colouring betwen the lines in kindergarten, I take my hat off to anyone with artistic talent!

Welcome to the forums, don't forget to tell us a bit about what aircraft you drove around!

Alan,

Flying is flying, no offence should be taken by any aviator. (personal view is it shows someones insecurity when they claim their section of aviation is better than someone elses)

I like the artwork, there is a real sense of speed and airflow in your first piece.

Great stuff and welcome

Phil

• Like 2

I don't think anyone will be offended - there are a few members who still currently fly multi engine jets. Some even pre-date jets, like Facthunter, who is rumoured to have flown Gotha bombers in WWI!

Feel free to share any of your artwork.

Hi Alan,

Like other artistically-challenged forumites I am completely jealous of your skills! Love the paintings, especially the Auster.

BTW - my instructor flew DC3, 707, 727, 767 et al, but now happy to fly RA aircraft, so what you fly is not important, it's the love of flying that matters IMHO!

Anyway 098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif to the forums!

Cheers

Neil

You can fly your plane when you choose, in the weather you choose, where you choose ( within reason) When it's a job you don't have those choices.

It's ALL flying though, and if you are hooked you are hooked. There are quite a few Ex heavy tin, who enjoy flying Ultralights,Gliders etc ( Good on them) I heard a few say they never would.. Fair enough, If they feel that way, they miss out. Don't forget every pilot started with no hours in his/her log book. Nev

WOW.....you guys are SO friendly. Thanks for your welcomes. I thought maybe this site was for 'Rec' pilots because of the heading at the top 'Recreational Flying'

I paint as my hobby.My day job is I run my own plant nursery. I don't miss flying. I had a great career,but,I want to jam a few careers into my life,rather than staying in only one.

Louis,although I do sell the artwork,I'm new here and I don't want to get banned on my first day :crying:I'll have a read of the rules about putting them in the 'Classified' section later.

Thirsy...haven't done a Jabiru yet. The smallest aircraft I've painted are Auster,Tiger Moth,Piper Cub,Puss Moth,RV10,Cirrus and Piper Pacer. The biggest was a Lufthansa A340.

Facthunter....DC4 is on the to do list. I got some photos of VH-PAF before it departed Archerfield. In the meantime,here is a DC6.....

1.2m x 1.2m

Hello Bandit, I hope I don't offend the recreational pilots here,by saying I flew DC9, MD80 (B717) DHC6,Jetstream 41 and others.

Not offended.... just bloody jealous!

kaz

• Like 1

Guest Maj Millard

Very nice stuff Louis, love your technical accuracy also. Not enough good aviation artists around in this part of the world, and they all seem to be so individual in their style, which is great. Welcome to the forum, and I hope we get to view more of your work.............................................................Maj...012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

Wow, that's amazing Alan!! Welcome along! 012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

Louis, you know that photo of the Auster and Tara, it would look brilliant in a painting I reckon hanging on the wall! 022_wink.gif.2137519eeebfc3acb3315da062b6b1c1.gif

Wow, that's amazing Alan!! Welcome along! 012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gifLouis, you know that photo of the Auster and Tara, it would look brilliant in a painting I reckon hanging on the wall! 022_wink.gif.2137519eeebfc3acb3315da062b6b1c1.gif

I reckon so to Tomo, that's was I was thinking

• Like 1