Aircraft lands on unopened melbourne freeway...

There's already a thread on thishttp://www.recreationalflying.com/threads/what-is-there-to-investigate.40381/

Certainly a lot more serious than a quiet news day given the thick blanket of fog around

Oops! Perhaps I should've checked for duplicate threads and read over them first... Agree with a lot of sentiments expressed but they all depend on what really transpired in the beginning. Regardless of any implied lack of up front planning, considerations, etc. on his part, my opinion is simply that it's good that the pilot and his passenger made it back to terra-firma safely.

Cheers,

From Rosebud? thats my old home town. sad to say born and bread in Rosebud,,Can't help but wondering if they got a weather report before taking off?

Same here.But I left Rosebud in 1975 at the ripe old age of 5 years old.

Same here.But I left Rosebud in 1975 at the ripe old age of 5 years old.

Ahh Dazza and flyerme,

Knew there was something good about you too, ex Mexicans, guess you got to go north and help them out up there, try convincing them that daylight savings wont change the cows milking time or fade the curtains with that extra hr of daylight.114_ban_me_please.gif.0d7635a5d304fa7bdaef6367a02d1a75.gif

Fellow Meccicanno

• Like 1

111_oops.gif.41a64bb245dc25cbc7efb50b743e8a29.gif Love to see what the ARFOR and TAFs were like that morning. Nice and cool? Temp & dewpoint almost the same? Just a whiff of a light breeze?

The look on the pilot's face in the newspaper article is interesting. But I'm glad it ended well for them, all the same.

Where I was a few hundred metres away, you could add to that observing pretty much all the cars with their lights still on mid morning and disappearing into the distance, and no horizon for 360 degrees.