I need to do my BFR

Hi

I need to do my BFR and looking for someone who I can do it with. Although I am in Melbourne, I can travel as a kind of little escape away from the rat race to do it, and would actually look forward to doing it that way. I am/was endorsed in Gazelle, Jabiru and CTsw although at 107kg I think the Gazelle is ruled out unless the Instructor is light weight (Gazelle having a MTOW of 520kg).

I haven't flown for a while so I suspect I will need to include a couple of hours of refresher lessons...as cheap as possible

Any offers out there???

Jim Cuthill Boxwood vic (near Benalla) has a caravan for students/pilots/guests.

$150hr for flight time only (no charge for warm up or ground school etc..) thruster t500.. a wealth of knolage and a genuine great bloke.

03 58286428 And I believe he would be very keen to talk to you also Ian..He is keen to get aquainted with the forrum.

• Like 1

Jim Cuthill Boxwood vic (near Benalla) has a caravan for students/pilots/guests.$150hr for flight time only (no charge for warm up or ground school etc..) thruster t500.. a wealth of knolage and a genuine great bloke.

03 58286428 And I believe he would be very keen to talk to you also Ian..He is keen to get aquainted with the forrum.

Also converting to a Thruster should be a whole lot of fun.

Hi Ian

Eddie Maddern at Sportaviation in Tocumwal is an option. Eddie has a caravan park at the airstrip, operates 7 days per week. He has 2 Eurofox's. One with tailwheel and the other with a nosewheel (new addition).

Check out his website at http://www.sportaviation.com.au/. Also has an add in the RAA magazine.

Cheers

Puddles

HiI need to do my BFR and looking for someone who I can do it with. Although I am in Melbourne, I can travel as a kind of little escape away from the rat race to do it, and would actually look forward to doing it that way. I am/was endorsed in Gazelle, Jabiru and CTsw although at 107kg I think the Gazelle is ruled out unless the Instructor is light weight (Gazelle having a MTOW of 520kg).

I haven't flown for a while so I suspect I will need to include a couple of hours of refresher lessons...as cheap as possible

Any offers out there???

Sure is mate, but don't want you to be too proud. There's obviously a very good reason why you haven't flown for a while which won't be discussed here. But you have to realise that in creating this site which has given so many of us, insummountable loads of pleasure, that it's only fitting that we also be allowed the opportunity to recipricate a little.

Now before you go off and say anything, I'd like you to reflect for a moment on the kindness you showed our late mate Decca, in providing your Gazelle pro-bono for him to fulfill something he wanted to do. If you could show this kindness, hopefully you won't deny us the opportunity of doing a little something too.

Someone who shall remain nameless, wants to throw in a mere 50 bucks (just the cost of 4pks of smokes) towards expenses incurred, in providing a report on what it's like to do a BFR, and enjoy a well earned short break to fulfill it.

Anyone wishing to add to the enjoyment a little can PM me, so it can all remain annonymous, and who knows, we may even be able to make up a show- bag for you to take home, if prop manufacturers and the like want to donate a few caps, scarves and especially a bit of thermal underware, etc; to help make the experience all the more enjoyable at this time of year, i'll make certain that it all gets delivered to the intended recipient.

• Like 2

Thanks all and especially you Planedriver...yes, I am too proud but the offer is so much appreciated.

Guernsey, what about if it was say in a powered chute...does that still count?

Most of you will know the real reason why I haven't been able to go flying for some time now and I must say that everyone should not even consider going anywhere near the controls of an aircraft if their health isn't 100% right especially if you are on any kind of medication that can effect your thought processes...mind altering drugs 029_crazy.gif.9816c6ae32645165a9f09f734746de5f.gif

Next Monday I will be completely off all meds (this is the last week of being weaned off the last pill) and are anticipating getting the final 100% health tick by the doc so there is no holding me back now...can't wait to get back up in the air again.

Look after your health everyone and thanks for your input.

• Like 2

Ian

You could also consider Secure Air at Shepparton in their Tecnam P92ES's. There is a range of accommodation and services available in town which is only 2 hours from Melbourne. Dual rates are about $180 I think.

IanYou could also consider Secure Air at Shepparton in their Tecnam P92ES's. There is a range of accommodation and services available in town which is only 2 hours from Melbourne. Dual rates are about $180 I think.

I got my certificate with Nathan at Shepp many years ago and funny you should mention them as I spoke to Nathan today...dual is $195 in the Tecnams...ouch!

Nope...only a Thruster will qualify. If you did do it in a Chute we would have to call you Sir Neville.Alan.

What rubbish! That would never do.

Neville Chute had a stutter and always shouted "Cl -Cl -Clear Prop"

Ian's not like that.

He simply say's "What, you're suggesting I do in a Th- Th- Th -Ruster?029_crazy.gif.9816c6ae32645165a9f09f734746de5f.gif

• Like 1

Happy to have you in Bathurst for a few days, Ian.. 4 Jabs (& Cessna 172 and Decathlon, if u want to upsize!) and 5 instructors. $175 an hour dual. One of our instructors has a government grant to study RA instruction methods and has visited and interviewed RA schools (FTFs) in most states - so is right up there in understanding best practice.. Cheap acomm at my farm!

Long way to come - but you said you were up for an adventure! (Good to hear your are medicine-free, btw)

• Like 3

Bathurst would freeze the walls off a grass humpy in winter but I have been watching Chris for many years. Ian You have had a break for a while, so the best way to get back in is to do it thoroughly. Might be worthwhile going north Wink, wink,. look after him Chris. Hell I'm pushy. Nev

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...