A new Nynja in the area

cscotthendry

Flying Harry of Iceland rides his Nynja to a Fly-in at BIEG (Egilsstaður) over on the east coast.

And takes part in a local Skyranger family reunion  ;- )

• Like 2
  • Informative 1

On 20/3/2023 at 1:15 PM, Garfly said:

Flying Harry of Iceland rides his Nynja to a Fly-in at BIEG (Egilsstaður) over on the east coast.

And takes part in a local Skyranger family reunion  ;- )

Thanks Gary, would have been fun.  All had the wide tyres and one had the new 600 kg undercarriage(wheels lean in A little when unloaded).  Been servicing a mates v max and he has had a nose wheel widened, will look like these.  Going up tomorrow to finish things and put the wings back on.  Weather is poor, real crap at the moment with wind and rain.

DDE41ACD-C506-419F-A88D-838ED14BE647.jpeg

CA5FAF97-00BF-4CCF-933E-B3D6D462A38F.jpeg

FA664120-B86D-4FB5-82C2-0D813205771E.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Informative 1

• 2 months later...

Close up of lift plates (3mm s/s) fitted regarding images in March of fitting new undercarriage design for 600kg.  I also cut some black tube to protect the paint on the flap covers edge paint.

IMG_6349.jpeg

IMG_6348.jpeg

IMG_6347.jpeg

Edited by Blueadventures
  • Like 1
  • Informative 2

Having just received my 600kg upgrade kit from Flylight UK for my Nynja, 

I texted Mike if he could send me some close up photos of how he manage to lift the plane without having to take the wings off to replace the existing undercarriage to a stronger version. 

He said he would post some photos on here for anyone interested and just wanted to say thanks for doing so mate, much appreciated 😀

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Looks good Mike.. I had my wing frames on last week to set up aileron cables. All went really well. This week I made a wing stand ready for when I cover the wings. Just waiting on some back ordered cable to arrive so i can run the strobe light cables, then cover the wings.

Will be in touch.

Cheers Barry

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Beaut autumn conditions this morning for a fly around the valley in the Nynja at 60% power. A sign of the nice flying weather to come.  I fitted a manifold pressure guage last year and when on long trips I'll set engine to the 75% power pressure and see how that goes  speed / flue usage wise.

IMG_0326.jpeg

IMG_0320.jpeg

IMG_0318.jpeg

Edited by Blueadventures
Attach images
  • Like 2

Just cut and fitted the gap seal to the port side. A nice addition that I see as part of the 600 kg rated undercarriage.  I previously had some foam cut and placed in this area. Took twice as long to do so only one side finished today.  Also got some plugs for the end of the carry through tube the undercarriage is attached to. Internals coated with ACF50 and plugs will keep any dirt out. Same can be done to all Skyranger variants.

IMG_0357.jpeg

IMG_0364.jpeg

IMG_0362.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Informative 1