More ado about Through Bolts etc

old man emu

We have a 750 hr 4 cylinder Jabiru in the shop for a top end overhaul. When we pulled the cylinders off because they were wore too far oversize, we noticed something that could modify your serice procedures.

I'm sorry that I can't tell the whole story right now, because my boss wants to confirm his suspicions before letting me go public.

So watch this space. I hope to have something important to tell you before too long.

Old Man Emu

• Like 1

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scott,

How am I going to get an audience for my pronouncement if I don't tease a bit? I wouldn't stoop to using sex to attract people, or offer outrageous sums of money, so I have to use Suspense.

Just to add some more, we think that an extra bit of work each 25 hours might have an effect on through bolt endurance times ......

OME

Scott,How am I going to get an audience for my pronouncement if I don't tease a bit? I wouldn't stoop to using sex to attract people, or offer outrageous sums of money, so I have to use Suspense.

Just to add some more, we think that an extra bit of work each 25 hours might have an effect on through bolt endurance times ......

OME

So it sounds like some good news then, 012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

Alan.

Scott,How am I going to get an audience for my pronouncement if I don't tease a bit? I wouldn't stoop to using sex to attract people, or offer outrageous sums of money, so I have to use Suspense.

OME

Hey, use sex. That works a treat to get attention.

I noticed an ad on the back of one of my wife's magazines, they had a naked woman selling soy milk of all things!?! WTF?

We have a 750 hr 4 cylinder Jabiru in the shop for a top end overhaul. When we pulled the cylinders off because they were wore too far oversize, .......

That's the bit that got my attention.

Does nobody else think it strange that the engine needs a rebore and oversize pistons after only 750hrs ???

Or am I missing something about Jabirus ?

• Like 1

That's the bit that got my attention.Does nobody else think it strange that the engine needs a rebore and oversize pistons after only 750hrs ???

Or am I missing something about Jabirus ?

Yeah, I noticed that too. I thought Jab engines were only supposed to last 250 hours or until the first time you took them over an idle.111_oops.gif.41a64bb245dc25cbc7efb50b743e8a29.gif

I fly at Gawler. The school has 3 jabs. All get around 1000 hrs before changing engines. This is a school where aircraft get flogged most days by students like me doing hundreds of circuits. Get a life you lot I am impersonally tired of all the Jab bashing on this site. How many hours where flown last weekend across Australia in jabirus? How many engines failed? How many people have died in the last 5 yrs in jabirus full stop? How many other aircraft have to land out due to some kind of failure? As a new flyer and as a Jabiru owner you guys make me scared to fly. It seems if i fly long enough in my Jab I eventually will crash and burn. I really like this site and the contributions of the people on it but I am almost at the point of stopping coming here due to the alarmist nature and some of the political B.........T that has invaded this site lately.

• Like 7

The reason that I haven't said exactly what the news is, is that my Boss has placed an embargo on it until he considers the ramifications. I'd love to torque about it, but if I did, my Boss would have to shoot me.

And when I do post the news, don't think that it's a way for me to drum up sales of the cylinder base bolt wrench that I have advertised elsewhere.

OME

I really like this site and the contributions of the people on it but I am almost at the point of stopping coming here due to the alarmist nature and some of the political B.........T that has invaded this site lately.

Please don't go away because some people dis Jabirus. This forum is for disseminating information. If certain people take pleasure in ONLY bad mouthing a product, then we can set up a whole website for that, and we can include any man-made product because nothing's perfect.

I'm basing my posts on day-to-day experiences with this particular product. We have a lot of Jabirus on our books, ranging from the flogged flying school examples to the one owner/pilot weekend flier. When I experience something noteworthy, I'll report it. However there is some commercial politicking involved as we have to have a working business relationship with the manufacturer so we can get parts etc.

It is unfortunate that when we report defects we find to CASA, there is a complete lack of interest. That's because CASA, as the ultimate overseer of aviation, seems to have the attitude that if an airplane is not used by fare paying members of the public, then any service matters are unimportant.

OME