Contrails over Brisbane

River

Yup Brissy isnt looking good ATM & is going to get worse. Brissy airport want the airlines to pay NOW through a price hike in tickets for a new parallel runway which will be built LATER. Which of course the airlines have told brisbane airport corporation to shove it.

We do orbits just north on Amberley due to Brissy delays quite frequently. Me a Pax on Qantaslink.

OMG - they are Chemtrails!!! The Government conspiracy to depopulate the planet by spraying poisons from all the airplanes. Well, that's what a bunch of nutters with sheep's brains actually believe.

So you're telling me I'm wrong?? OMG, what to do now?? Mayans, Nostradamus, Help!

Been the regular "victim" of this whilst in the "office" for a while now.

BN holding is getting quite absurd. We're at the stage where we are getting 50 minutes notam holding requirement, but throwing on well over an hour of holding fuel "just in case". We're finding out that you simply cannot trust ATC to accurately give you a holding time or expectation, right up until you leave the pattern.

It's just ludicrous. And it's happening in PH, SY and ML too. The other day on climbout from melbourne with the required 20 mins holding for sydney plus a bit, ATC suddenly call up with a "Hazard Alert - 40 minutes holding now required for sydney"! Well that's just frickin' great isn't it? Tell me on climbout. Sure, I'll just plug into the airborne tanker we have orbiting up here and everything will be right. We had 2 or 3 737s divert to canberra on a single day because of it.

You try to run an efficient airline operation using the best information you have, and ATC just stick a giant pole up your backside at the last minute, with no warning. In the last few months it has just gotten out of control (pun intended).

There's something seriously suss about all this. I doubt that there would be enough traffic going into Brissy airport to require ANY aircraft to hold for 50 minutes to an hour. Figure it out. If they can land an aircraft approximately every two minutes, how many planes would be up there if the hold was 50 minutes? 25 airplanes holding over Brissy? Really?

I think this has nothing to do with traffic and everything to do with what Dazza said.

There is most certainly enough traffic going into Brisbane to require holding. I can 100% guarantee you that ATC is NOT holding you for 50 minutes because they feel like it, they are doing it because it is a necessity unfortunately.

There's something seriously suss about all this. I doubt that there would be enough traffic going into Brissy airport to require ANY aircraft to hold for 50 minutes to an hour. Figure it out. If they can land an aircraft approximately every two minutes, how many planes would be up there if the hold was 50 minutes? 25 airplanes holding over Brissy? Really?I think this has nothing to do with traffic and everything to do with what Dazza said.

I think at the time the photo was taken, Brissy was being bashed by storms....

There is most certainly enough traffic going into Brisbane to require holding. I can 100% guarantee you that ATC is NOT holding you for 50 minutes because they feel like it, they are doing it because it is a necessity unfortunately.

What ticks me off is when there is 20 minutes holding on the notam, and at top of climb you get told there'll be 40 minutes of holding (happened to us the other day).

Professionalism dictates that I don't get on the radio and exclaim "are you f****ng kidding me?" But you can be assured that's what I'm thinking.

Then you have yesterday: "lose 11 minutes, go min speed". OK no probs we can do that. Then not 20nm from the field "Go max speed, we're going to cut you in!"

Once again, the desired response is "are you f****ng kidding me?" (that's a recipe for an unstable approach in a big jet, you have to be right on top of it if you accept ridiculously late changes like that).

Then the usual into Brisbane, where no-one will tell you what holding you have until the FMC is prompting "RESET MCP ALT" because you've reached descent point. And you STILL don't know how much holding you're going to get! Far out! Once again: "are you f****ng kidding me?"

//rant over.

I think at the time the photo was taken, Brissy was being bashed by storms....

Hi guys, re photo of contrails (my photo) alas no storms... it was just a very hot day with ground temps around Brisbane between 36 -40 deg. Skies were blue.

River

Yes I saw them too...it was a multi engine jet did 3 huge orbits then bugged out to the west...I thought it was very strange

Lose ten minutes or go max speed is one thing and holding as required for weather or unplanned events does occur certainly but I think those big circular contrails aren't to do with holding, industrial disputes or whatever, they're a regular occurrence and can be seen on http://www.flightradar24.com/

During the search for the DH84 that went down a couple of months ago I was monitoring the radar24 site frequently and saw aircraft take-off from Brisbane, spend a couple of hours doing these huge circles at high level and then head off in apparently random directions for a while and then return to the circle, intercept it and start flying the same circle again. Occasionally they would turn sharply and 'cut the circle in half' only to join it again. Afterward they would land back at Brisbane again.

They had nothing to do with the search which was being conducted by the Dorniers flying out of Sunshine Coast. I have seen the same regularly since, usually originating and terminating at the same airport, but sometimes starting from Brisbane and ending at Gold Coast or v.v.

Monitoring the tower and radar frequency, and knowing the call-sign which can be found on radar24 it is obvious they are conducting some kind of practice, either to do with instrument nav or radio/radar vectoring or whatever.

You can see similar on many days, just go to the site and click on some of the aircraft and their flightpaths since take-off will show, you can see that some flights take-off and then just start these big circles without having gone anywhere...

OMG - they are Chemtrails!!! The Government conspiracy to depopulate the planet by spraying poisons from all the airplanes. Well, that's what a bunch of nutters with sheep's brains actually believe.

This article from the "UFO Examiner" explains it all: http://www.examiner.com/article/chemical-contrails-alert-the-secret-poisoning-of-your-air but, to save you the tedium of reading the entire article, here is a small extract:

So many have been sick in what seems to be a direct correlation to exposure to these chemical clouds. These chemical contrails are often laden with aluminum oxide (chaff) and barium powders (amongst many other heavy metals, mycoplasma and biotoxins). Ingesting these heavy metals seems to be vastly increasing memory problems, causing mental fog, feelings of apathy, chronic fatigue, pneumonia, persistent dry cough, flu-like symptoms and respiratory infections.

These aerosol programs are kept secret from the public due to the invasive nature of spraying the atmosphere (your breathing air) with dangerous chemical ingredients.

These ingredients should be tested daily. We need a wide-spread awareness as to the dangers in breathing these chemical residues and steps to take to protect ourselves and our families from the long and short term effects of exposure to these chemical clouds.