What did you get for Christmas?

CrayonBox

The day has arrived and presents have been delivered and opened. (thanks Santa).

I got a new airborne arrow wing... Then I woke up.

But really, i won't be getting much for the next 20years after buying my trike a few months back - apparently! We'll be opening our gifts later.

So what did you get...? Maybe post a photo so we can see.

Title fixed - Mod

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I will say I got an early Christmas present for this year and the next 40, also an early birthday present for the rest of my life including my 50th next year.

I got my Tecnam Sierra and I'm not complaining.

Best present I have is my health, my wife, my family my grand children including 2 more:baby: by March and my friends.

I couldn't want for more:smile: .

Alf

• Like 8

My wife let me buy $3000 worth of spruce to continue my plane build a week ago.... yay!

But just so I had something to open on Xmas day my wife and girls got me a Nerf Disc gun ..... been sniping my two daughters and the cats throughout the day much to their annoyance

095_cops.gif.448479f256bea28624eb539f739279b9.gif

Phil

• Like 3

Monies to buy the two tyres for my Pietenpol build!

Actually it was pretty special to share some time in the garage glueing my fuselage with Miss 8 year old today! She thought it was pretty cool that Dad is building a plane!

1584007254_IMG_1417(800x600).jpg.6f10269b1e7a3b564148f858a836b701.jpg

Scotty

• Like 7

I got a 1/350 scale model of the Bismarck:

When I finish building it, hopefully it will look like this:

This is the Battleship that destroyed the pride of the British Navy, the HMS Hood, with just one 15" shell from its massive 100ft long guns...it then took everything the British Navy could muster to sink her (Torpedo Bombers from The Ark Royal, Battleships HMS King George V, HMS Rodney etc) however whilst the British claimed to have sunk her in a battle after previously crippling her by an aircraft torpedo hit to her rudder forcing The Bismarck to only travel in a circle, after examining the wreck it has been proven that the Germans actually scuttled her to prevent her from getting into the hands of the British.

• Like 2

I got a 1/350 scale model of the Bismarck:

When I finish building it, hopefully it will look like this:

This is the Battleship that destroyed the pride of the British Navy, the HMS Hood, with just one 15" shell from its massive 100ft long guns...it then took everything the British Navy could muster to sink her (Torpedo Bombers from The Ark Royal, Battleships HMS King George V, HMS Rodney etc) however whilst the British claimed to have sunk her in a battle after previously crippling her by an aircraft torpedo hit to her rudder forcing The Bismarck to only travel in a circle, after examining the wreck it has been proven that the Germans actually scuttled her to prevent her from getting into the hands of the British.

Hi Ian, I can recommend the book "I sank the Bismarck" by John Moffat. It is the memoirs of a Fleet Air Arm pilot and is a damn good read.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2010/12/29/us-britain-bismarck-idUSTRE6BS2CD20101229

Thanks Mate...will look it up...I also have a DVD of the old black/white movie "Sink the Bismarck"...next Christmas I have already put my order in for either King George V or The Hood

Two big feeds and lots of yarns with family. Gottabe happy with that! 003_cheezy_grin.gif.c5a94fc2937f61b556d8146a1bc97ef8.gif

Yeah, i want to curl up like a python and sleep it all off. I hope my aircraft will still be able to get airborne...

Yeah, i want to curl up like a python and sleep it all off. I hope my aircraft will still be able to get airborne...

CB,

I sure it will still climb like a motherless goat no matter how much you have eaten :-)

Alf

The mrs organised 2 new monogrammed business dress shirts for me they look great but the main present for me was the new battery door kit arrived from icp so I can install the second rear door at the back of the savannah opposite the new battery position it arrived from Italy on Xmas eve

image.jpg.5ba7bcab60c180fc3bbb3b16d8441b76.jpg

image.jpg.729fab223e65c37803bf4b0420995aca.jpg

image.jpg.cd90bbd053287eb67e873141650249a4.jpg

• Like 1

Guest Howard Hughes
I got a 1/350 scale model of the Bismarck:This is the Battleship that destroyed the pride of the British Navy, the HMS Hood, with just one 15" shell from its massive 100ft long guns...it then took everything the British Navy could muster to sink her (Torpedo Bombers from The Ark Royal, Battleships HMS King George V, HMS Rodney etc) however whilst the British claimed to have sunk her in a battle after previously crippling her by an aircraft torpedo hit to her rudder forcing The Bismarck to only travel in a circle, after examining the wreck it has been proven that the Germans actually scuttled her to prevent her from getting into the hands of the British.

A prelude to the 'Recreational Old Sea Dogs' website?

The mrs organised 2 new monogrammed business dress shirts for me they look great but the main present for me was the new battery door kit arrived from icp so I can install the second rear door at the back of the savannah opposite the new battery position it arrived from Italy on Xmas eve

Wow, shirts look awesome. And great to have an a/c accessory too, who wouldn't :-). A gift from Italy!

Mark - thought I should add - good excuse for a shameless plug chill_out.gif.cee4903a35751abb602feb480645ccbb.gif