The effect of the audit..dang!!!

flyerme

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

whats this? a 3 blade?P.S just thought Id throw my boof head in the shot..thats BOOF head NOT BALD head...wise guys..I know you lot to well:roflmao: [ATTACH=full]20157[/ATTACH]

You must have twin brothers all over the place. I have lots of mates up here who look just (remarably similar in fact) like you.

PS me included, no offence:cheers: meant.

• Like 1

Guest SAJabiruflyer
Go Jab Flyer.

In your opinion, which you are entitled to, just like everyone else. It's a good question, the answer pr]

actually flyerme, now that I'm back where I can get Internet, I'd like to apologies to you personally for the way my question was worded. It perhaps would have been better had I said something like "hey it's amazing you own an aircraft and I note in your previous posts you have dealt with great personal adversity, the fact you've managed to buy a plane is amazing an a credit to you. Would you mind sharing how you did it" or words to that effect. Same question but different perception in the cold reality of a forum sans benefit of immediately visible human emotion. So to you flyerme you have my sincere apologies for any offense :)

G'day flyerme

Catto props are excellent,but did u mention to Howard that u had a E Gearbox on your 582,as that size seems too small(66 x 44).I used a 64 x 42 catto on my old 503 with B gearbox and got 6500 rpm,Just concerned about underpropping.

Cheers Corky

G'day flyermeCatto props are excellent,but did u mention to Howard that u had a E Gearbox on your 582,as that size seems too small(66 x 44).I used a 64 x 42 catto on my old 503 with B gearbox and got 6500 rpm,Just concerned about underpropping.

Cheers Corky

Hi Corky,Mine runs a G box,Not sure what ratio? I told howard this and he suggested the Catto,66"x44 fixed pitch 2 blade wooden (for my budget)I found that the only certified size is 66"x44"pitch,

I have been offered a BOLLY GRP 3 blade 66"x44,,,, As this ticks all the boxs (SEE pic) but would like to have it ballanced(I have ballanced my old 95.10 props but I would like this done with a balancer device?)anyone know where Id go to have the prop ballnaced (near murray bridege)68396993_Untitled5.jpg.a42e81a92dd65c8a1a5232e5f1e1df4e.jpg

Ok I admit sometimes I just don,t think...what a idget....I opened up the flight manual to page 3 and bingo, Propeller :ALLSIZE,CATO,LightWing or BOLLY

Type : Wooden or GRP

Diameter : 66".x 44"pitch

No mention of blade numbers.

and whats GRP?[ATTACH=full]20158[/ATTACH]

Hey Flyerme that book talks about engine oil, so I am thinking it might cover 912 Lightwings as well. Might be a good idea to check if you are not going to use the Cato prop just to make sure. Ending up with another wrong prop would not be good.

Richard.

Its definatly just for the gr 582 ..not sure what the oil grade and oil capacity refers to .oil injection? anyway it states "this flight manual has been approved by RAA Aviation Austrlia" and is printed "only for gr 582".. so all good, I have photo copied the book and Howard Houghs is sending a signed letter to varify .take it easy1703518113_Untitled22.jpg.9ac3b0b7f10badf343e176f04e1164d6.jpg ..

1179216953_Untitled16.jpg.28dbb169f443d7ff64642f8d1a34e377.jpg

470366529_Untitled6.jpg.d3fe217cb5ed1374797cab2a0aa54a02.jpg

Hey Flyerme that book talks about engine oil, so I am thinking it might cover 912 Lightwings as well. Might be a good idea to check if you are not going to use the Cato prop just to make sure. Ending up with another wrong prop would not be good.Richard.[/qu

Howard Houghs confirmed it refers to Oil injection that lubricates the waterpump bearings,He said just fill the reservoir with 2 stroke oil.

Good as thats what ive been putting in there...

If you are running the 3:1 C box on a 582, a 66x44 would probably be a bit under propped.

66 x 42 or 44 is more typical of a 582 with a 2.85:1 B box.

Given the choice, I would choose the 3 blade Bolly and they are on special at the moment in the magazine.

Interestingly, the prop on the manual looks like a GSC (Canadian) prop, just like was supplied with our GR582 after one of it's overhauls at Howie's

670232698_Untitled6.jpg.f5339803145aa8863a462a38ea4e621a.jpg

Just remember NOT to use the oil stated in the manual (obviously a typo), keep using two stroke oil. 072_teacher.gif.7912536ad0b89695f6408008328df571.gif

• Like 1

Well I have the C type Box not sure of ratio?

Hi FM the ratio should be stamped on the front of the box there is a small flat rectangle check there.

cheers Geoff.

• Like 1

The principle is quite simple; if you make any "major modification" to an aircraft after it first received its C of A, then you require paperwork from an approved source that authorises the change.

Where do you get the term "major modification" from? What is considered to be a modification in the first place? The Allsize propeller was not available for a long time so my Gazelle was fitted with a Sweetapple with exactly the same specifications but has been deemed illegal - funny thing is, the Allsize is now available but it cost almost double any of the Brolga range.

The Gazelle maintenance manual specifically states "Cheng Sing" brand tyres so if it is fitted with exactly the same tyre but from another manufacturer then does that make it illegal? You cannot specify one thing such as a propellor and ignore some other part of the equipment list that forms part of the certification process. The propellor business is just plain stupid and should have read "similar to" Allsize.

And as Metalman says some people seem to treat rules as something to be ignored if we choose to, and that is what got us into this problem in the first place Yes us not casa not RAA but us by not playing by the the rules how many people have altered 24 registered planes without approval how many people fly overweight planes or unregistered planes how many fly without a current BFR

You forget that some manufacturers have either gone out of business or simply discontinued parts as part of product improvement so people have not been intentionally disregarding the rules. No one on this site exceeds the speed limit on the roads either!!!022_wink.gif.2137519eeebfc3acb3315da062b6b1c1.gif

• Like 1

Where do you get the term "major modification" from? What is considered to be a modification in the first place? The Allsize propeller was not available for a long time so my Gazelle was fitted with a Sweetapple with exactly the same specifications but has been deemed illegal - funny thing is, the Allsize is now available but it cost almost double any of the Brolga range.The Gazelle maintenance manual specifically states "Cheng Sing" brand tyres so if it is fitted with exactly the same tyre but from another manufacturer then does that make it illegal? You cannot specify one thing such as a propellor and ignore some other part of the equipment list that forms part of the certification process. The propellor business is just plain stupid and should have read "similar to" Allsize.

You forget that some manufacturers have either gone out of business or simply discontinued parts as part of product improvement so people have not been intentionally disregarding the rules. No one on this site exceeds the speed limit on the roads either!!!022_wink.gif.2137519eeebfc3acb3315da062b6b1c1.gif

they term Major mods as Airframe,engine,propeller.

There are only two types of changes to a design (i.e. to what was certified - everything identified on the drawings and data pack to build the aeroplane):

A minor change is one that has no appreciable effect on the weight, balance, structural strength, reliability, operational characteristics, or other characteristics affecting the airworthiness of an aircraft, aircraft engine or propeller. All other changes are major changes.

per CASR 21.093. Approval of a minor change requires the "reg 35" kind of person to approve. Some more guidance in AC 21-15 at http://www.casa.gov.au/wcmswr/_assets/main/rules/1998casr/021/021c15.pdf

Where do you get the term "major modification" from? What is considered to be a modification in the first place? The Allsize propeller was not available for a long time so my Gazelle was fitted with a Sweetapple with exactly the same specifications but has been deemed illegal - funny thing is, the Allsize is now available but it cost almost double any of the Brolga range.The Gazelle maintenance manual specifically states "Cheng Sing" brand tyres so if it is fitted with exactly the same tyre but from another manufacturer then does that make it illegal? You cannot specify one thing such as a propellor and ignore some other part of the equipment list that forms part of the certification process. The propellor business is just plain stupid and should have read "similar to" Allsize.

and no one here is telling you what you should do with your aeroplane either, but the rules are as they are and we all choose to abide by them or suffer the consequences .

there's another thread on here about a guy doing illegal stuff to his plane and then killing some PAX, I'm sure he had his reasons as well, I'm not trying to be a smarta55 ,just saying ,we all would be horrified at some dodgy behaviour at the field in front of crowd, how is illegally modifying your aircraft any different.

if the manufacturer goes west and your stuck there is avenues to fit aircraft with alternatives, it just might be expensive, welcome to aviation, the alternative is to go 19 or experimental reg ,,,

Met