navigation in the future??

ayavner

Allow for the solar wind.... Correct for time dilation and temporal distortion.... Compute the gravitational lensing effect.... Minus 12 deg's for magnetic variation..... Carry the 2....Answer= ...

• Like 2

Guest Howard Hughes

I could be wrong, but I don't think Spock was the navigator so wouldn't have had any need for one of those!

Now where's Chekov? 022_wink.gif.2137519eeebfc3acb3315da062b6b1c1.gif

Good on you Yenn, for getting the Ded. right.( Most say Dead.) I thought the best way to go was by the "beam me up Scotty" method. The thing the vulcan has is a "prayer wheel". That was what it was called. Nev

I could be wrong, but I don't think Spock was the navigator so wouldn't have had any need for one of those!

Ahhh... Todays ATPL holder, so out of touch with the common man (vulcan)...hehehe...He is clearly using the quantum formula side of the whiz wheel, not the solar wind drift side. he's probably trying to convert litres- imperial gallons-Us gallons- kilos-pounds..Obviously using starship echo...;)

Guest Howard Hughes
Ahhh... Todays ATPL holder, so out of touch with the common man (vulcan)...hehehe...He is clearly using the quantum formula side of the whiz wheel, not the solar wind drift side. he's probably trying to convert litres- imperial gallons-Us gallons- kilos-pounds..Obviously using starship echo...;)

Instructors - Always trying to overcomplicate things, it's only a starship you know!poke_tongue_out.gif.5a7d1a1d57bd049bd5fb0f49bf1777a8.gif

Good on you Yenn, for getting the Ded. right.( Most say Dead.) I thought the best way to go was by the "beam me up Scotty" method. The thing the vulcan has is a "prayer wheel". That was what it was called. Nev

I have the one I bought around 1979 and it has written "Kane Dead Reckoning Computer" Though I wish they did not use the word "dead" My first navigational training had this contraption and maps laid out on my lap in the cockpit working out time and distance and eta. using a wac scale and a lot of mental computing. After that nonsense I taught myself how to navigate and all you need is the map infront of you and some simple caculating using 10 minute markers.

314230254_Kanecomputer001.jpg.681a81ab8b043512bb57dd1bd3e8a9cc.jpg

the thing the vulcan has is a "prayer wheel". That was what it was called. Nev

it most certainly was... And once you had passed Nav you prayed you would still be able to remember how to use it AND fly the aeroplane.

kaz