Weather or not you should go outside!

Tomo

Some pretty serious weather events out and about in SE Qld at the moment, stay safe everyone and I hope you have your aircraft in a hangar and not out in the elements! Some pretty high winds around.

Be careful! Don't drive through flooded water - pretty embarrassing when you get swept away or you wreck your engine! That's the nice way to put it...

Its getting pretty windy here at burpengary this morning. Rain is not the worst I have seen here at all yet but the wind in increasing thats for sure probably 40kt gusts now supposed to get worse this arvo. Hope all my antennas around the workshop here stay up

Mark

Should that be "Whether or not you should go out side " or "Weather or not. You should go out side."001_smile.gif.2cb759f06c4678ed4757932a99c02fa0.gif

It's a play on words!

Currently in Toowoomba getting a few things and it's pretty wet!!!!

Checking out whether the weather is worth weathering or not.........

I am SO glad I ripped up my lawn and planted rice.

My inbuilt weather forecaster is when ever I top up my pool you can GUARANTEE that there will be a deluge a couple of days later. I have now taken out MORE water from my pool that I topped up last Tuesday:bad_mood:

If certain conditions are maintained it can keep raining for ever. The water is replenished from the sea and even over the land the humidity is nearly 100% Relative Humidity after days of rain. When the depression or cyclone moves thing can change. tropical maritime air has a lot of energy in it and a lot of water. They go together. Nev

• Helpful 1

Guest Maj Millard

Just a little new years gift from us up North! , I did .9 in my old Drifter yesterday (Miss Adventure), and the trip over to Ayr and back in the Lightwing (Miss Adventure 2), all in beautifull clear air freshly washed by Oswald . Lots of lovely waterfalls coming off the hills, and lots of flooded cane fields around with a lot of cane knocked over by mini tornados.

this system has been amazing for the amount of rain it has produced...and only a Cat 1 cyclone for a brief 12 hours in the gulf....................Watch out Sydney/newcastle, and watch out Motz down there at Jaspers, also those in Canberra, she's a headed South !!........................................................Maj...028_whisper.gif.c42ab2fd36dd10ba7a7ea829182acdc1.gifrain.gif.5409f0367857047bb0ed70f1ff7b4d3b.gif

Think it'll go out into the Tasman. (The Low). Still have active bushfires in Vic. Be nice to get a coupla days of good rain. I've been here for 30 years and never seen the ground so dry. Land of extremes we are getting southerly cool winds with little moisture in it 24 degree days. Nev

Saturday night seemed to go on for ever, the wind seemed worse than some cyclones I have seen and it went on all night. The water blew up under the ridge capping and collapsed the gyprock in one building. The awning on our bus converted to a motorhome took an awful beating we went out 4 times during the night to secure it and I was amazed it was still there in the morning. The wind generator after a very productive night came crashing down at about 6 am. We had about 50 acres of flooded land, just a sheet of water over 30 ft deep in some places. There is a bunch of choppers rescuing people off their roofs in Bundaberg about 50 klms away, Yeah Queensland fine one day fun and games next.

For those hangared and parked at Caboolture, I went down yesterday morning to check out our hangars and apart from a bit of under door water on the easterly facing one, all was OK . Standing water was high and it will be very soggy off the defined taxi ways so be careful. Speedy was also down checking on the gliders and making sure they were secured.

Gusts were over 50 kts for over 2 hrs yesterday, so may be worth while checking your aircraft closely if it was outside before you next flight. Triple fuel drains also in order for next flight. Hopefully tomorrow.

I just went & dropped off some DVD's to the shop at Robina Town centre (Gold Coast). I only live 5 minutes away. Trees down everywhere, a bit of carnage around. Good news is that it appears that the worst is over.The sky has become alot lighter in the past hour & the wind has dropped off as well.

• Caution 1

Stay safe up there guys and gals in Qld & NSW I hope the worst is over for you all with the rain, now as for the river rises be damn careful and don't take any risks as it is not worth it.

Alf in Vic

• Agree 1