Walpeup double fatality.

Incredibly sad, especially for loved ones left behind. But why, why, why? It is happening with monotonous regularity! Maybe it is a nescessity that RAA change its accident reporting procedures forthwith , not only so we can learn of things that go wrong, but to make us all think of the consequences of operating outside proper procedures. I am NOT saying these two young guys were doing anything wrong.

• Agree 1

There will be an official last light for the local area jamel.

It says around 8 pm and that could have come from anyone.

It is however sunset country up there with strong sunlight coming from the west late in the day, so direction will be a factor.

Hope not, but the paperwork will be done. Couple of local 30-ish well known identities. Surprised ATSB get into it when a couple of 'top" aerobatic acccidents don't get looked at. Is RAAus under the microscope? Nev

Hope not, but the paperwork will be done. Couple of local 30-ish well known identities. Surprised ATSB get into it when a couple of 'top" aerobatic acccidents don't get looked at. Is RAAus under the microscope? Nev

From the tone of the news reports (above) it sounded like the reporter had contacted ATSB who informed them that police, coroner and RAA would be investigating. There's a quote from Steve R.

Sue

Yesterdays conditions were not so good,My old CFI flew late 7:45pm with a student (Nth vic) and after becoming airborne they lost lift!!He had to take quick action to avoid an 80ft tree and struggled for alt,He slowly gained hight and made a complete circuit safley. this was All due to air desity.Had no issues this morning but he was concered about the accident mentioned here.the accident site is not a place you would delibratly fly low over?sad news and too close to home. condolences to family and friends.

That comment Teckair, seems to indicate that you don't know what human factors is. The way RAAus did it was not good., so if you are basing your comment on that , it is understandable..Human factors does have a place in our ops. We just haven't done it yet. Nev

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

That comment Teckair, seems to indicate that you don't know what human factors is. The way RAAus did it was not good., so if you are basing your comment on that , it is understandable..Human factors does have a place in our ops. We just haven't done it yet. Nev

My comment was about comments people (including the Ops manager) had made about the cause of accidents and the effect human factors would have.

• Agree 1

I am not familiar with what he said. People who have had a lot of experience in accident investigation where human thought processes can be found to affect outcomes, don't doubt the value of it. as a simple example road rage. people don't do the right thing when they are angry, tired, under pressure drunk drugged..etc It was once used by CASA when I was highly involved, and wee looked like getting somewhere.. They stopped using it and went back to blaming "Offence of strict Liability" and dragging people through court.. Back to The DARK ages. Nev

• Agree 1