Texas Qld

Yeah the aircraft looks familiar, it appears to be a Murphy Maverick and by the Stripes and scheme, it looks like the aircraft that was based at Toowoomba about 6-7 years ago. The aircraft went to Warwick for a period and then never saw it again for quite some time unfortunately until now. Remember chatting with the owner a couple of occasions albeit both breifly.

Here is a shot I took of the Murphy Renegade December 2005 @ YTWB

I know a couple of guys out that way. Anyone know who it was?

The man killed was reportedly from the area and known as "Bob the Builder" - he had recently built a house outside of the main town.

Just don't know what to say this is so bad, we are going to have start finding out the causes of these prangs.

Richard, I`ve just become aware of this accident,from this thread. I feel the same as you do and I couldn`t agree or stress the point more, however, Simply calling for more information on accidents isn`t in itself of much value! There needs to be qualified persons capable of investigating accidents and coming up with the correct reason/s.

If an aircraft is RAA registered, it should be the responsibility of the RAA to investigate then inform it`s members of the cause. Expecting CASA,Police, ATSB or any other, to investigate then pass on the information to RAA, isn`t in my opinion, good enough.

Frank.

• Agree 5

Richard, I`ve just become aware of this accident,from this thread. I feel the same as you do and I couldn`t agree or stress the point more, however, Simply calling for more information on accidents isn`t in itself of much value! There needs to be qualified persons capable of investigating accidents and coming up with the correct reason/s.If an aircraft is RAA registered, it should be the responsibility of the RAA to investigate then inform it`s members of the cause. Expecting CASA,Police, ATSB or any other, to investigate then pass on the information to RAA, isn`t in my opinion, good enough.

Frank.

Hi Frank, yes I agree with that, problem is right now we have no idea what is happening. The police do investigate fatal accidents but we don't have access to the findings, there is most likely is some sort of reasoning for that, but you would think the police report would be better than nothing.

As for RAAus doing something you are quite right, but currently there are so many problems with RAAus, they struggle to do basic things like register planes and flying school audits let alone investigate accidents.

Wouldn't a police report or standard coroner's report just state cause of death as impact trauma due to aircraft accident and leave it at that? i wouldn't think those reports would investigate to the level to help us understand root cause on the accidents themselves? I could be wrong, i have never seen one, but my impression was unless an aviation-related party investigates, that the info provided is mostly about what happened and when and to whom and the result at a pretty basic level? in other words, probalby nothing we wouldn't already know or have guessed.

you would think the police report would be better than nothing.quote]Not if the investigation and report is carried out by the local police officer who isn`t interested very much in yet another Ultralight crash and doesn`t know much about these aircraft!

Frank.

I don't know for sure but I think it is not the local policeman that does the investigation but someone experienced in these things and they can and do request assistance from RAAus.

I thought the coroner had to establish the cause of death whether it be suicide, accident or fowl play and the report went further than "the sudden stop was too much for the human body to handle".

I agree the correct way to do this is for RAAus to handle it themselves but I can not see that happening any time soon as we appear to have a management problem.

• Like 1

If we get the right team together maybe then they could handle something as important at investigating accidents, they are having problems handling the normal running of the organisation right now let alone if they had to investigate accidents too..how much could that cost the membership if that was mis handled in money and prestige?

David