Accommodation for two country kids in Melbourne during Avalon

Tomo

Hey everyone! Just thought I'd put it out there because you're all such a nice bunch!

I've been offered a place to stay for Friday night and Sunday but Saturday night wouldn't work for them... so just wondered if there was anyone else that wouldn't mind myself and my older brother to stay during the Avalon weekend - we're flying down Friday evening and leaving first thing Monday morning.

Being within train/public transport travelling distance would be pretty awesome too... 001_smile.gif.2cb759f06c4678ed4757932a99c02fa0.gif

Thanks!

Tomo

• Informative 1

You might be better in the Geelong area as far as access Tomo. I'm 55 Kms NNW with no direct route at all. I've only ever flown in.( From Lethbridge) Jim Tatlock( spriteah) is from there. It's worth a visit too.

The Airshow have a website. There are buses from some places. I think it would be under "Airshows Downunder" Nev

In the past I've used the train. If you can be close to a train line you can get a train into the city, then there is a special train (long queue to get tickets) that takes you straight to Avalon. Well to a shuttle bus that then takes you to the airshow.

Tomo, I was once in your shoes.

I said, I was down and out with the blues.

I felt no man cared if I were alive.

I felt the whole world was so tight ...

That's when someone came up to me,

And said, young man, take a walk up the street.

There's a place there called the y.m.c.a.

They can start you back on your way.

its fun to stay at the YMCA,

• Like 2
  • Caution 1

Tomo, I was once in your shoes. I said, I was down and out with the blues.

I felt no man cared if I were alive.

I felt the whole world was so tight ...

That's when someone came up to me,

And said, young man, take a walk up the street.

There's a place there called the y.m.c.a.

They can start you back on your way.

its fun to stay at the YMCA,

Now I have it stuck in my head!!! Argh...

Tomo, you and your friend are more then welcome to stay here at my place in Watsonia. The trip to Avalon from here is a simple one as it is via the ring road freeway and then the freeway to Avalon. Depending on how many days you can also use one of our cars...I will be going on one of the days as well. Give me a ring if it helps 03 9444-8025

• Like 2
  • Informative 1
  • Winner 1

Thanks Ian, that sounds awesome!! I'll let you know in a few days to confirm it all but I reckon we'll take up the offer. It's just me and my older brother. I'll give you a call in the next day or so.