What did your grounding cost you?

Guest ozzie

Yee Haa ! Got my renewal back today, 3 weeks since it expired and dated from today. Things are looking up, renewal back, weather improving, I might just go for a fly tommorrow.

• Like 1

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks as though some instructors could be busy doing check flights for people who have been grounded and getting a bit rusty, not to mention those in the flooded north east who are really getting 'Rusty'. 008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif

Dry Alan.

• 3 weeks later...

I paid my rego 3 weeks ago, it runs out on 28th of March, checked my account 3 days ago to find it hasn't yet been taken out, on the phone 4 days ago to RAA asking why and the answer was it won't get taken out until rego due by date comes.

Fine fella got my details and was going to ring me back that afternoon letting me know where I was in the long line.

Still waiting for that call.

Thank god i go to work on Tuesday for a month, better have new rego label at home by the time I get back or i might be a lot peeved as the whole saga of buying the plane and getting it into my name has been going on since November, one bonus is plane is actually in my name now.

Alf

My rego renewal is now a week overdue despite sending cheque,photos and form in a month ago. I have cancelled plans for Temora and will be doing something else over Easter.

My situation is the same pmcc expired last week, sent form and photos in over a month ago. So much for the improved communications from RAAUS via the website that the president was going to do. It is six weeks since registration report No.10 was issued and that week they only managed to process 64 renewals. With 3000 aircraft on the register there will be an average of 60 more renewals every week coming in. Thats not going to decrease the backlog very much at one stage mentioned to be 400. What a Shambles. 068_angry.gif.cc43c1d4bb0cee77bfbafb87fd434239.gif 068_angry.gif.e6e3bad802304927655e1c48b61088cd.gif

Thank god i go to work on Tuesday for a month, better have new rego label at home by the time I get back or i might be a lot peeved as the whole saga of buying the plane and getting it into my name has been going on since November, one bonus is plane is actually in my name now.Alf

I reckon you will need a month Alf. You might be lucky.

I wonder how many people are not renewing membership?

Up until mine lapsed I was as vocal as I could be in pointing out that the problems you guys were facing then were IMO just the very tip of the looming iceberg despite the smokescreen thrown up by a manipulative and vocal group of head in the sanders over the course of the EGM... Not taking serious action before the Board condescended to allow an EGM on their own terms was a very serious tactical error.

Good luck and I hope I am wrong...

My reg ran out today. I shall be very surprised if I can get to the Natfly. I did pay and send in required docs about a month ago. BUT when I phoned and asked about progress and was told by Dean that I needed a foto of BOTH sides of the aeroplane in case one side had a different number to the other. Really ! I kid you not.......I wonder who's requirement that was....

Our 9a rego runs out Sunday so we're not game to go anywhere this weekend incase of weather or something that could stop us getting home in time. The rego was sent in with photo's, w&b and anything else thay may require 3-4 weeks ago.

Here's hoping

• Caution 1

Guest Escadrille

Bob, A lot of us feel your pain. Join the ever growing queue of disappointed and compliant (i.e. sent in their data as requested on time)members who have ,apparently, in the past been "recalcitrant" and not complied with requirements...So big brother has decided to step in...

A very overworked RA Aus staff are working hard to get through the backlog(!?) of files on each aircraft registration details. RA Aus should/could hire more staff but apparently they tried volunteers but that did not meet the "standards". So we wait..and wait and wait..

I particularly feel for the flying schools that are being affected by this unfortunate state of affairs.

It will be interesting to see the effect on the numbers flying in to Temora..

I am not a conspiracy theorist by nature but I bet some members must be getting a bit suspicious of the RA Aus Boards Motives/Modus operandi,particularly after the recent meeting!

I know some in SAAA and CASA who must be just beside themselves! 008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif028_whisper.gif.c42ab2fd36dd10ba7a7ea829182acdc1.gif

Andy

A very overworked RA Aus staff are working hard to get through the backlog(!?) of files on each aircraft registration details. RA Aus should/could hire more staff but apparently they tried volunteers but that did not meet the "standards". So we wait..and wait and wait..

Andy

I worked there for a week as a volunteer, and by the end of the week was more or less useful. I am not sure how many volunteers we have who could make it to Canberra for a few weeks at their own cost who have useful degree of knowledge. It does take a fair bit of knowledge. If you are interested, I made a comment here:

http://www.recreationalflying.com/threads/raaus-fails-casa-audit-again.50744/page-55#post-260013

I don't necessarily disagree with the rest of your post, and I am still very unhappy at how we got into the mess,

dodo

Its almost like CASA and the SAAA hatched this plan, both jealous of the RAA's hypothetical success...

Could be that or more likely CASA got fed up with the RAA failing the audit 4 times. To be quite honest we looked like bunch of Amateurs when I read the Audit.

• Agree 3

Could be that or more likely CASA got fed up with the RAA failing the audit 4 times. To be quite honest we looked like bunch of Amateurs when I read the Audit.

Pity you can only like or agree with a post once!

Multiple failures of an audit, no interest in them...it came across at the EGM that the early audits were just minor routine stuff, until CASA pulled the pin.

But if you read the audit reports, you get more and more agitated as you read...

dodo

• Agree 2

I just got a letter from RAAus reminding me that my rego expired two weeks ago. Talk about rubbing salt into the wound! I rang Leanne, she says the letters are computer generated and come out even if the delay is caused by them. My renewal is somewhere in a pile on a desk.

So there is clearly a step missing in their procedure, where they mark the registration as recieved.

In any normal system, that would stop reminders being sent.

It really isn't rocket science is it ?

It really isn't rocket science is it ?

The RAA hire based on aviation experience not relevant operational experience... 1000 hours in the cockpit goes a lot further than years managing an office.

I just got a letter from RAAus reminding me that my rego expired two weeks ago. Talk about rubbing salt into the wound! I rang Leanne, she says the letters are computer generated and come out even if the delay is caused by them. My renewal is somewhere in a pile on a desk.

Got the same letter yesterday. How about the 'Important Notice' included. "Please disregard this letter if you have already spoken to us here in the office or if you have already sent in the required information to register your aircraft". Guess I'll disregard it as of six weeks ago. Hope mine is getting near the top of a pile on a desk too. 034_puzzled.gif.ea6a44583f14fcd2dd8b8f63a724e3de.gif

I wonder why aircraft owner have to go through this rego every interminable year

I guess we do it with cars but aircraft rego seems that more complicated - having regard to the current rego fiasco

I guess in the interim RAAI has to keep tight reigns on the horsey

When ? the ship gets in order I reckon we should go FOR A TWO YEAR REGISTRATION (MINIMUM)

It will be half as fun but half as painful, but.

• Agree 1

John as I pointed out earlier I don't believe Ra-Aus has any basis for an annual registration, only an annual insurance fee. Registration should be a one-off process when an aircraft is purchased and cost should be minimal (sufficient to cover the perhaps one hour max work involved).

• Agree 5

Guest Andys@coffs

Gents

Wether the registration is perpetual or per annum in this specific situation is relatively moot, those that got a letter to say provide us with X, Y and Z would be getting that letter anyway and I suspect if registration was perpetual the letter would say that you are grounded until it is provided, checked and you are advised that the grounding restriction is removed...... The historical records were sub standard according to CASA and that would be the case wether annual or perpetual.

Clearly registration is a source of revenue for the RAAus and if it was made perpetual, then teh revenue would be collected somehow. I suspect those that dont own aircraft would not be keen on providing for the missing revenue, but by the same token we have circa 10k members and 3k planes so the missing revenue based on aircraft would likely be picked up by a membership increase representing 1close to 1/3 of the registration costs of a 2 seater (fleet is from memory 90% 2 seates 10% 1 seat).

Andy

Andy insurance charge aside they don't need an annual registration fee as there is no service involved = owners are paying money for nothing.

Besides I understand the current fees are already more than covering Ra-Aus operating costs so they don't need to "collect revenue somehow" they already have it from us and in addition would save money by not doing this unnecessary paperwork and processing each year. The organisation should not be operated like the government IMO.