So who is making all the money out there....

Guest Bigfella

Seriously? Where the money goes is paying for real estate in one form or another. We had a property bubble in the early 80's. Remember what happened to prices back then? Then we had another property bubble in the noughties and prices followed.

edit:As for "who wins?" The banks win every time.

• Agree 1

I dunno, I had my Bookkeeper find out how much money I make from an hours labour, after expenses such as Wages, Insurance, Power, Internet, Tax, Bookkeeping etc ad nauseum. Out of $99 I make a Nett profit of under $15.00. Talking to a few Sparky's and Plumbers, it's much the same - we have to charge so "much" per hour in order to recoup a "normal" income. No wonder some choose to do so many Cash jobs..

Yep, when I was a Pool plumber working on big commercial swimming pools .I would gross about 90K per year.My taxable income was only about 45K per year. Although I did buy a Excavator & a Nissan Patrol both brand new & paid them off under five years.

Now Im on wages & take home more that I did as a contractor when all the expenses are taken into account.

Yes you make good money for 3 months and you think your doing ok...then WHAM..BAM..the BAS statement comes in...the bank balance goes from hero to zero in a flash..109_groan.gif.66f71fc85b2fabe1695703d67c904c24.gif start all over again..

David

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Yeah .................... I don't think we actually earn money

We just collect it, manage it (as best we can) & distribute it to others - somewhere along the way it has to be taxed and taxed and taxed and taxed and taxed and taxed and taxed and taxed and taxed and taxed and taxed and taxed and taxed and taxed and taxed and taxed and taxed and taxed and taxed and taxed and taxed and taxed and taxed and taxed and taxed and taxed and taxed and taxed and taxed and taxed and taxed and taxed and taxed and taxed and taxed and taxed and taxed and taxed and taxed and taxed and taxed and taxed and taxed and taxed and taxed and taxed and taxed and taxed and taxed and taxed and taxed and taxed and taxed and taxed and taxed and taxed and taxed and taxed and taxed and taxed and taxed and taxed and taxed and taxed and taxed and taxed and taxed and taxed and taxed and taxed and taxed and taxed and taxed and taxed and taxed and taxed and taxed and taxed and taxed and taxed and taxed and taxed and taxed and taxed and taxed and taxed and taxed and taxed and taxed and taxed and taxed and taxed and taxed and taxed and taxed and taxed and taxed and taxed and taxed and taxed and taxed and taxed and taxed and taxed and taxed and taxed

• Like 1

When your telephone rings in the morning, pick it up within five rings and say " I wake up with today " (Channel 9).

A lady in Darwin did that this morning and won $50,000....not sure if she wants to learn to fly though. 008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif087_sorry.gif.8f9ce404ad3aa941b2729edb25b7c714.gif.

Alan.

" I wake up with today "

I always wake up with today... it's tomorrow at the moment... however... 019_victory.gif.9945f53ce9c13eedd961005fe1daf6d2.gif

As they say, a fine is for doing wrong, tax is a for doing something right... whichever way you go you're up the creek without a paddle, so just go and buy a motor boat instead. 010_chuffed.gif.c2575b31dcd1e7cce10574d86ccb2d9d.gif

• Agree 1

I reckon a plastic fantastic (ok, like mine) will depreciate $20,000 from new in 200 hours based on what people will pay, not what they ask in adverts. That is $100 an hour and is the biggest cost. Who is getting that money? I think it just evaporates.

Maintenance might be only $1000 per year, if you do a lot yourself, say $10 per hour. The LAME gets most of that and well deserved.

Insurance $35 per hour on the same basis. Given the number of prangs, they probably need that.

Fuel $25-30 per hour for Mogas. Other bits and pieces include maps, headsets, pies at the aero club.

Don't land at places that require landing fees.

All in all, I can't see anyone making much money out of it.

I reckon a plastic fantastic (ok, like mine) will depreciate $20,000 from new in 200 hours based on what people will pay, not what they ask in adverts. That is $100 an hour and is the biggest cost. Who is getting that money? I think it just evaporates.Money is like water on your wings, the faster you can fly the more it evaporates. 020_yes.gif.58d361886eb042a872e78a875908e414.gif

Alan.

Running a flight school.....Full time hours (and then some)

Casual part time wages (at best)

No hols, no super, no sick leave, no benefits.....

Pretty clear whose not getting it!

The same goes running your own business too!!!

• Agree 2