Brilliant video of child's first flight

Neil_S

Hi folks,

This video is absolutely brilliant. No matter how much we love flying, sometimes even the most passionate among us can briefly lose sight of the magic that drew us to fly in the first place. A wonderful video of 6-year-old Lainey Woodson taking her first airplane ride with her father, Bobby, in the family's 1946 Aeronca Champ.

Enjoy!

Cheers

Neil

• Like 5
  • Winner 4

MAGNIFICENT...

I wish I had a video camera when I took Lachlan up:

1133201546_CT4848026(Copy).jpg.033c62968ab02f8f0fa49d1161bd2bbf.jpg

If only you could see the future on whether that magnificent first flight ends up with that young girl at the controls flying an A380...I bet it does

1494109866_CT4848004(Copy).jpg.9b7acc659674e07072762239dc772223.jpg

567777672_CT4848025(Copy).jpg.16f29c6bc7d0f79fe5e34820c6ae2bdc.jpg

Great video..brought a tear my eye just seeing the pleasure and the wonder of her first flight..and the happiness of her dad that he could give that to her...wonderful..012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

David

• Like 2

Beautiful.

Sorry to put a damper on things though, and as noted in the latest Sport Pilot mag, keep in mind the following regulation...especially when posting evidence of past transgressions in a public forum:

CIVIL AVIATION REGULATIONS 1988 - REG 228

Unauthorised persons not to manipulate controls

(1) A person must not manipulate the controls of an aircraft in flight if the person is not either:

(a) the pilot assigned for duty in the aircraft; or

(b) a student pilot assigned for instruction in the aircraft.

Penalty: 25 penalty units.

(2) An offence against subregulation (1) is an offence of strict liability.

Note For strict liability , see section 6.1 of the Criminal Code .

Point noted Powerin...

Deskpilot, great idea about the headset...your grand daughter seems to be inquisitive, which is great...what instrument is she looking at in the picture?

Sure Powerin, I think most of us realize what you are saying but in this video I must say that I saw nothing that would indicate to me that the little girl touching the control stick, I don't even think I saw the stick in the video clip at all..

David

Comment not aimed at the video David. My picture was a bit on the naughty side.004_oh_yeah.gif.82b3078adb230b2d9519fd79c5873d7f.gif

I can't see that it is on the naughty side DP...she is smiling, having fun and obviously seems interested in what the instruments are saying...When I took Lachlan up he wanted to know what every darn thing was and what it did.

I don't think the piece of sponge is any issue myself

Now tell the truth Ian, were you able to tell him.?008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gifAlan.

Of course...059_whistling.gif.a3aa33bf4e30705b1ad8038eaab5a8f6.gif

I have to go and give a presentation, explain the 4 forces etc etc etc to his Scout Troop next term so they can go for their Scout Aviation Badge...that will be interesting...now where is that BAK

• Like 1

Very enjoyable viewing but then, I'm a sucker for footage of Champs no matter how they're being used. Not wishing to come across as a nit-picker (and little Lainey obviously savoured every minute of her experience), but I thought it a bit odd that Dad took her up for her first flight with 'doors-off'. I believe I'd have done that on her second sortie. Anyway, guess he knows his daughter better than anyone else so the 'off-the-ground' familiarity may well have already been established. Great video! Thanks Neil.

Sure Powerin, I think most of us realize what you are saying but in this video I must say that I saw nothing that would indicate to me that the little girl touching the control stick, I don't even think I saw the stick in the video clip at all..David

As DP says, the video is fine, it was another post which has since been tidied up 001_smile.gif.2cb759f06c4678ed4757932a99c02fa0.gif

Perhaps my post could now be removed as it no longer applies...but it is worth keeping in mind.