RAAus Registration Update 26/4/13

Admin

RAAus News

This’ll be a short report folks,

This last week we had Gary and Paula start their training to help get this backlog sorted. Because we didn’t have anyone here in the office who is approved to sign off registrations, we only got a small number done by talking them through with Dean down in SA. But Neville Probert is back now, as of today, and with him helping us train Gary and Paula, we’re expecting to be able to increase our registration rate considerably next week

Wayne

Tech Manager

• Number of new aircraft registrations processed since November 15th (when CASA reinstated our renewal approval) - 71

• Number of aircraft registration renewals processed since November 15th (when CASA reinstated our renewal approval) - 1146

• Number of aircraft registration renewals processed during preceding week (ended 26/04/2013) - 17

• Number of aircraft registration renewals awaiting the provision – by owners – of additional information Approx. - 90

• Informative 3

I was one of those "missing numbers" Many weeks ago I had been asked for a picture of the other side of my Jodel. I sent the pic. and heard nothing more. After several phone calls Dean told me that I had "Fallen through the cracks" Due to clerical error I had been missed. He was able to process payment that very day. His advice was, "If you have sent everything asked for and are still waiting, for goodness sake ring and check on the progress" You too may have fallen through a crack.

• Informative 1

Guest Maj Millard

Thank you Wayne for keeping us informed on a timely basis........that's one good change that has come out of this whole episode.....slowly getting back to how it should be with membership kept up to date with proceedings.......................................Maj...014_spot_on.gif.1f3bdf64e5eb969e67a583c9d350cd1f.gif

Thank you Wayne for keeping us informed on a timely basis........that's one good change that has come out of this whole episode.....slowly getting back to how it should be with membership kept up to date with proceedings.......................................Maj...014_spot_on.gif.1f3bdf64e5eb969e67a583c9d350cd1f.gif

Yeah Maj,

I must thank Wayne personally for the promptness in getting back to me after I made contact with him regarding my rego, a couple of others gave their word they would get back to me later in the afternoon on the day I had called them and never did.

Wayne ont he other hand answered my email and any other emails I sent him in a prompt and professional manner which i appreciated.

Also rego came back not long after contacting Wayne.

So thank you Wayne, it is good to know we can rely on someone in our organisation who is very professional and member orientated.

Alf

• Like 3
  • Caution 1

I mailed the rego transfer papers, photos all the other stuff 4 weeks ago for the Drifter so it could be transferred into my name. I haven't heard or received anything back yet. It is currently registered until September.

• Informative 1

Did you notice that there is no mention of the "backlog" in Wayne's report.

My guess is it's still close to 400 less the 17 that have been processed. I wonder if the President has had a word to the Tech. Manager about qualifying his "interpretation" of the facts.

Alf ! .......... you just reminded me - I have had no reply from my 3 emails and am 11 days over rego date - I'll try againblink.gif.7ee21b69ed31ab2b1903acc52ec4cc3f.gif

John,

I emailed Wayne and had no problems in the end, ring the office well don't get the return calls I was told I would get.

Alf

• Caution 1

I mailed the rego transfer papers, photos all the other stuff 4 weeks ago for the Drifter so it could be transferred into my name. I haven't heard or received anything back yet. It is currently registered until September.

Dazza,

Took me 2 1/2 months to get the Tecnam into my name, I wish you luck.

Alf

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

Guest Maj Millard

Come on FT... keep it positive....Wayne is still in his very first weeks in the job, and it must just be a real brainxxxx just to work out which direction to turn !... I know he is working for us all, is a long-time forum member, and I for one am right behind him.

He has already shown us that he knows the value of communicating with the membership, and has got new people employed with the boards approval, to tackle what must be a huge daily workload in the aircraft rego area.

I just won't accept any negativity re Waynes' efforts for us, at this early stage................................Maj...024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif

I didn't have any where near the issues others speak of.

However, calling and getting someone on the case seems to be the go.

Transferring the T-Bird into my name did involve calling up after a few weeks to see why nothing had happened. I had posted my forms in. They had not been logged as received.

I emailed them.

A chap called and asked for further details.

I sent the details.

Done. Including payment for another year of reg.

There was not a single day the rego wasn't current.

• Like 1
  • Caution 1

Dazza,Took me 2 1/2 months to get the Tecnam into my name, I wish you luck.

Alf

Thanks Alf, I am not concerned as it is still registered until Sept. Plus it won't be getting off the ground until I get some new wing sails made.

John,I emailed Wayne and had no problems in the end, ring the office well don't get the return calls I was told I would get.

Alf

Glad to hear your renewal is through Alf. Mine was nearly 4 weeks delay.

• Informative 1

Glad to hear your renewal is through Alf. Mine was nearly 4 weeks delay.

Flyhi,

Mine was 4 weeks also past my renewal when i actually got it, was in 3 weeks or more before it ran out, glad I emailed Wayne or I could still be waiting.

Alf

• Caution 1

On a recent trip to a theme park, I saw signs for all the rides saying, "the expected wait time from this point in the queue is..."

Maybe RAAus need to publish something like that. Looking at the experiences of others here, it looks like the delay can be as much as 7 weeks. Given that, it's likely that people (myself included) will start to move their renewals forward to try to avoid being grounded. This, in itself will just add to the queue of regos that the team have to process which will then become a self-reinforcing backlog which will just keep getting longer.

• Agree 1
  • Caution 1

Maj, I dont think anyone is criticising Wayne personaly, it is the system they are criticising. Wayne appears to be doing a great job so far and the communication is refreshing. Yes I have met the man when I refuelled my beast at Gunnedah on a longish trip.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

And again ................

2 yearly aircraft rego please (minimum)

1/2 the workload and red tape and twice as much fun (or should that be twice as less hocus pocus)

• Agree 7
  • Winner 1

the rego on my aircraft came due mid this month (April). so about mid march rang the office to find out what i had to do (as this is the first time i had registered the plane) - photos, fill in the paperwork and send it off etc. did all that and what did i find but two weeks after that the new rego turns up in the mail and email advice that the rego had been processed and was on the way. no hassels, straightforward with no complaints.

F

• Caution 1

Raaus received paperwork early last week for new registration of an aircraft that has been bought to cross hire to a flying school that is currently not operating due to aircraft registration issues.

Raaus are aware this school is non-operational.

Raaus has been made aware of where this aircraft is to be used.

Still have not heard anything from them.

• Informative 1

Would be nice , two years, takes the load off the administration, It would be cheaper to run, ie less staff required It would provide more income from interest accrued , plus could coincide with your PLB registration Renewal .Which is also two years........An emailable form for any updates would take care of landings and any alterations. Perfect solution to nasty problem.............BTW I'm STILL waiting. a week after being promised "I'll see it gets done today" 088_censored.gif.2b71e8da9d295ba8f94b998d0f2420b4.gif wits

• Agree 1

Would be nice , two years, takes the load off the administration, It would be cheaper to run, ie less staff required It would provide more income from interest accrued , plus could coincide with your PLB registration Renewal .Which is also two years........An emailable form for any updates would take care of landings and any alterations. Perfect solution to nasty problem.............BTW I'm STILL waiting. a week after being promised "I'll see it gets done today" 088_censored.gif.2b71e8da9d295ba8f94b998d0f2420b4.gif wits

Two years would be great, but one off rego like GA would be better. ( I don't care "where the money comes to replace to funds that come from existing registrations" .Get it from the government like CASA does in their budget) .

• Agree 2

Thanks Alf, I am not concerned as it is still registered until Sept. Plus it won't be getting off the ground until I get some new wing sails made.

Hi Dazza,

A bit off topic but are wing sails still available through Spectrum or is there another source?