RAAus Registration Update 26/4/13

Admin

Two years would be great, but one off rego like GA would be better. ( I don't care "where the money comes to replace to funds that come from existing registrations" .Get it from the government like CASA does in their budget) .

Most drivers license are 5 or 10 years so why not rego? The aircraft is still the same at the end of the period???

• Agree 1
  • Caution 1

Hi Dazza,A bit off topic but are wing sails still available through Spectrum or is there another source?

Hello Bilby, I started taking my old wing sails off about 2 weeks ago at Boonah, with David Mason helping me. A friend of ours came in an had the Dalby Drifter (Airspray I think it is) guys phone number in his phone. He knows them so he rang them. To cut a long story short- They cannot manufacture the sails because at the moment as they do not have their production certificate at the moment (in the process of being renewed or something).

But- They did say that Spectrum will be making sails again with Emma who had been making them for Wayne to continue doing so. The gent on the phone said just wait for a month before ringing. They have to get approval and get the business side of things sorted out etc. The gent from Airspray has been in contact with Spectrum , and this is the information that he passed on to me.

Tim (Ausadvance on here) would be the best bet I think for the latest information. I just got out here yesterday for my 2 week shift. When I get home in 2 weeks time I will ring up Spectrum .

I am assuming that Spectrum has a production certificate to produce certified Drifter parts?What does the production certificate involve?

Airspray holds the rights to manufacture the Ausflight Drifter. Were as Spectrum produced parts and kits for the their version of a drifter- The Fisher Drifter.This is the way that I interpret it. I could have various aspects wrong.

Guest Howard Hughes
On a recent trip to a theme park, I saw signs for all the rides saying, "the expected wait time from this point in the queue is..."

I have recently returned from a similar trip, the only probem is the times weren't even anywhere close in most instances!

Airspray holds the rights to manufacture the Ausflight Drifter. Were as Spectrum produced parts and kits for the their version of a drifter- The Fisher Drifter.This is the way that I interpret it. I could have various aspects wrong.

Given that the parts produced by Spectrum are for the kit built (non-certified) "Drifter".... are those parts able to be fitted to a certified Drifter?

Can anyone clarify with accuracy?

It seems that sails for Rag and Tube Ultralights come from many areas and it is generally accepted that they are legally certified parts... Do 95.25 aircraft require factory certified parts? Could you make your own sails in your loungeroom, fit them to your certified training aircraft... and be legal?

Guest Maj Millard

Probabily not Don, however Wayne did produce sail for 25 regoed Drifters and others, as I flew one recently with new Fisher skins, and the difference over the worn out originals was certainly noticable. Wayne worked originally with the Drifter factory at Boonah, and did a lot of the original test flying on the 'Boonah' Austflight Drifters. As a level 2 he would be legal to maintain and sign out a 25 aircraft, in it's entirety.

Regardless of the paperwork, Wayne Fisher was well known for his great sailwork, and hopefully he has passed on at least some of his magic to someone else down there in Lismore, otherwise we could be wanting in the future !................................Maj...024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

Raaus received paperwork early last week for new registration of an aircraft that has been bought to cross hire to a flying school that is currently not operating due to aircraft registration issues. Raaus are aware this school is non-operational.

Raaus has been made aware of where this aircraft is to be used.

Still have not heard anything from them.

Still nothing from RAAus, school still not operating, bills still coming in.

At this rate school will go broke before RAAus does anything.013_thumb_down.gif.ec9b015e1f55d2c21de270e93cbe940b.gif

I got my rego - delayed about 15 days - good to have some machinary that you can use

Hope the delayed ones are not delayed too much longer

I never got mine transfered to my name, as they want it shipped to an L2 for inspection, in the previous owners name, then they will talk about the transfer!,

spacesailor

I got my rego - delayed about 15 days - good to have some machinary that you can useHope the delayed ones are not delayed too much longer

You were lucky. Mine was delayed a month and now only valid for 11 months. 066_naughty.gif.fdb194956812c007d0f5d54e3c692757.gif

Yes Flyhi

Luck it seems. You (we) could probably force RAAI to give the full 12 months (from date of issue) but I'd suspect the logistics of that would be to tough - considering their current workload & things to sort