Im feeling like Michel de Nostredame today....my prediction

Guest Andys@coffs

503, posts like that will get you removed from this site...this site does not, absolutely and completely does not, support any kind of suggestion of any form of illegal flying and will not assist you in any way in this area...please refrain from making such posts again

Of course the other thing is that anyone who thinks that a fair bit of unregistered flying is not happening has their head in the sand ! Not saying it is smart, just a fact of life caused by administrative incompetence.

• Agree 2

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do you think it would be necessary for a registered aircraft to be photographed and recorded rather than just have a number or a tag on it?

People like the unlicensed, unregistered character that beat up a ski boat on Hume Weir can trigger costs beyond all recognition for law abiding members.

Why do you think it would be necessary for a registered aircraft to be photographed and recorded rather than just have a number or a tag on it?People like the unlicensed, unregistered character that beat up a ski boat on Hume Weir can trigger costs beyond all recognition for law abiding members.

Very much the same reason cars have number plates front and rear! but that doesn't stop thousands of clowns driving around unregistered and driving bodily injury premiums up for the rest of us does it?

Did the Hume Weir goose even try to get licensed or registered?

OK Andy. It looks like the wheels are starting to turn.

Maybe I will soon be humbly apoligising for my earlier cynicism.

That is, if a certain re-resignation is not re-retracted tomorrow.

That is, if a certain re-resignation is not re-retracted tomorrow.

Re-re-re-re-retracted? I'm so confused 015_yelrotflmao.gif.6321765c1c50ed62b69cf7a7fe730c49.gif

Gawd bless em, if it wasn't for this sort of thing we would have nothing to do except talk about/go flying!

Election coming up soon and very good chance we will have a new transport minister. I'll be writing to them requesting a full investigation of both the RAAus and CASA over all of this mismanagement.

Thank you for your willingness to write to the (FUTURE) transport minister as this is the only way to sort things out in my opinion.

I can say to all RAA and GA Pilots that years ago I wrote to a Former Transport minister and Prime Minister over the National Airspace Reform and action did happen and I believe all the people who wrote brought about the required safety changes. Stamp your feet and write letters and tell them how it is with Casa, if Casa was interested in Safety there would be a lot of changes but they try to work out how they can take back control of RAA as GA is in serious decline, casa staff will not have a job if the decline in GA continues.

Keeping planes on the ground improves safety, but it falls short if a real cure for real problems. It wouldn't worry CASA if there were NO little planes flying. This is the problem as they are not required to advance aviation. The rest of the world doesn't care either. Nev

• Agree 2

503, posts like that will get you removed from this site...this site does not, absolutely and completely does not, support any kind of suggestion of any form of illegal flying and will not assist you in any way in this area...please refrain from making such posts again

Who was supporting illegal flying?ive yet to have any rego issues at all,just asking a question ,with the amount of raa rego problems there may well be those few prepared to stuff it up for the rest.is there a big enough deterrent to make it less likely? Sorry I thought this was a valid point left a little to open ended to create discussion or opinions ,ill get back under my rock now

• Agree 2

• 1 month later...
Guest Andys@coffs

So......Interesting times hey.........was I having a bad day or what when I started this thread..........?

The things I talked of haven't yet come to be at this stage but in some cases we have come damn close and the danger isn't yet past......in the month and a bit since I started this thread you could hardly call it boring......

Andy

Why do you think it would be necessary for a registered aircraft to be photographed and recorded rather than just have a number or a tag on it?People like the unlicensed, unregistered character that beat up a ski boat on Hume Weir can trigger costs beyond all recognition for law abiding members.

What's your thoughts on that incident.

Witnesses, photos, character ID'd and more than 18 months has elapsed and CASA are still "Caring out investigations"

Could there be a gaping whole in the legislation that would embarrass the authorities if it were tested in court ???

• Caution 1

From my experience with Planning matters where serial offenders are acted on by Councils, it always seems to take forever for something to be done. On one particular eyesore property covering a hectare or so, I'd thought the Council had given up only to me amazed that they'd been taken to Court, found guilty twice and sanctions had reached the point where Council demolition contractors were moving in.

So 18 months is not a long time.

However, the public impact of a person beating up a speedboat at close quarters resonated through the news media, the GA community and the authorities.

Co-incidentally there were some other crashes of unregistered aircraft around that time, with more negative publicity.

I personally know of a similar event on a dam where a photo was taken and submitted through the appropriate channels, the pilot was contacted within a short time (a few days), the pilot was cautioned and a remedial action plan was commenced. The pilot was duly dealt with justly and was back in the air following some further training and lectures at his personal cost.

Cost to RAA, a couple of letters and phone calls.

Direct remedial cost to the pilot for his training and lectures/ study and "egg on his face". He now advises he won't do that again.

The issue put to bed and finalized in about two weeks. Vey efficient on RAA's behalf. Overall a good PR exercise.

• Agree 1
  • Caution 1